2022-2023 University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I remember you saying the majority of people won’t hear back until March even those who interviewed early in the cycle! My friend, current MS1, was one of the first people interviewed at UNC and he did not hear back until mid-March.

Let’s just wait and don’t lose hope yet. What else can we do? haha
What else can we do?

Pay for a non-refundable deposit to a DO school!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Did those who received an A call yesterday get an email as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
A little late, but I received an acceptance by email last Thursday. No call on Tuesday, but got called on Friday

Edit: I also did have the upload section on my portal on Monday

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Are they sending out any more interview invites?
They are supposed to finish interviewing at the end of February, so I imagine there are very few if any II left to go out

I'd still hold out a little bit of hope though! As long as you haven't received a rejection notification, you're still in the running for an interview. Last year, I got rejected like early November so if you haven't received anything yet you're doing better than I was!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed in January heard back or is it too early to get any news yet?

I interviewed at the end of Jan and they said that they still had a lott of work to do in terms of admissions. I wouldn't be surprised if they are behind. It sucks, but I wouldn't lose hope yet!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who interviewed in January heard back or is it too early to get any news yet?
Someone I know at UNC told me that admissions is rather short-staffed, so they may take some time to get back to you. I didn't hear back for over 2 months myself.

I interviewed at the end of January as well and all they could tell us was that we would hear back by the end of March. Historically I think most of their remaining decisions after this point tend to go out all at once around the end of March.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
does anyone think that they’ll send out decisions this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking silence until March...
me too, won’t stop me from getting nervous every tuesday until then though lol. fortunately, not many tuesdays to go until march

Reactions: 2 users
It looks like they’ve created the FB group for the class of 2027. There’s 49 people in it currently, which I guess is a good estimate for the number of As that have gone out? I assume the real number is slightly higher given there are some people who haven’t joined yet and a few who were accepted but haven’t yet committed to UNC

Reactions: 5 users
I JUST GOT AN A CALL!!!!!!!!!! SO MANY FEELINGS .... I didn't even expect them to send out calls today... just cried for 30 minutes straight. GOD IS GOOD! I wish the absolute best to everyone and I hope I see you all in our class. Thank you guys for providing support, a laugh, an answered question <3

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
I JUST GOT AN A CALL!!!!!!!!!! SO MANY FEELINGS .... I didn't even expect them to send out calls today... just cried for 30 minutes straight. GOD IS GOOD! I wish the absolute best to everyone and I hope I see you all in our class. Thank you guys for providing support, a laugh, an answered question <3
BIG Congrats!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the A about an hour ago! After three application cycles and dozens upon dozens of rejections, it’s all worth it now that I’ve found my home. I hope to see all of you in the fall!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Congrats to those. When did you all interview?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those. When did you all interview?
I interviewed on October 27. Also, after I got the call I checked my portal and there was no update for materials so I really do think it is random and you should just wait for the call, though I know that is extremely hard.

Got the A call early today! So so blessed. Also no portal update. Thanks for everyone's support!

Congrats to all those who got the A.

(Obviously, my 2-cent about silence until March is wrong. Please don't listen to me anymore.)

congrats to everyone who got an A !! i know ur probably out celebrating but I would so appreciate it if u let us know when you get an email/portal update. I'm overseas & didn't put in my US sim card this week bc I thought decisions weren't coming out (not that i'm expecting the call or think i'm worthy lol). thanks in advance <3

congrats to everyone who got an A !! i know ur probably out celebrating but I would so appreciate it if u let us know when you get an email/portal update. I'm overseas & didn't put in my US sim card this week bc I thought decisions weren't coming out (not that i'm expecting the call or think i'm worthy lol). thanks in advance <3
I spoke to admissions again this morning and they said they send emails out towards the end of the week to make sure they reach people over the phone to deliver the news. Enjoy your time overseas!

• Care
It looks like they’ve created the FB group for the class of 2027. There’s 49 people in it currently, which I guess is a good estimate for the number of As that have gone out? I assume the real number is slightly higher given there are some people who haven’t joined yet and a few who were accepted but haven’t yet committed to UNC
Not even close to accurate. We've sent out more As than that, but I would bet some of the people already in there will end up going somewhere else and plenty more haven't joined yet or don't use fb.

Not even close to accurate. We've sent out more As than that, but I would bet some of the people already in there will end up going somewhere else and plenty more haven't joined yet or don't use fb.
hahaha good to know, thanks so much for always setting us straight!! and being patient with our neuroticism haha

i know they said interviews end in february on their website so if we havent gotten an ii by now, are we out of luck here?

Oh look, it's me, checking my application portal for the fourth time today... honestly, I’m not exactly sure what I’m expecting here, but that won’t stop me.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Just got an email saying there was a status update on my application and it was a rejection (i didnt get an ii) 🫠 good luck to everyone who interviewed and are still waiting to hear back and congratulations to those who were accepted!

• Care
Positive Thinking = or < or >Thoughts and Prayers

Sorry for being so jaded. (Blaming this on Valentine's Day)

If UNCSOM is making a call today, it won't be for me.

Last edited:
The vibes are good today if you know what I mean
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!!!
I might be totally mistaken but isn’t it supposed to be silence until early/mid-March? I know they sent some As last week but I kind of thought that last week was just an exception.

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!!!
I might be totally mistaken but isn’t it supposed to be silence until early/mid-March? I know they sent some As last week but I kind of thought that last week was just an exception.
So…. Neurotic myself did the whole review of past 2-3 years’ trends last night. It was a total silence in Feb last year, but two years ago, they sent two-three batches of A’s in February. Who knows what it will be this year 🤷🏻‍♀️

I figured that there is no value in reviewing the whole trends thing cuz we will find out when we find out…

Curious whether anyone has used the "after interview" tab of the interview day portal to send an update letter?

Ik UNC doesn't accept updates, but "You may use the form below if you would like to leave a note for your interviewer or the admissions team" sounds like an update letter would be okay... thoughts?

Curious whether anyone has used the "after interview" tab of the interview day portal to send an update letter?

Ik UNC doesn't accept updates, but "You may use the form below if you would like to leave a note for your interviewer or the admissions team" sounds like an update letter would be okay... thoughts?
Idk, they always bold and underline to not send update letters or letters of intent in their emails, so I’d say that’s probably a bad idea. I think that was just for thank you letters and feedback from interview day.

^^ They reiterated multiple times they did not want update letters so I wouldn't. They're so vehement about it I would venture to guess it could even count against you lol.

Should I attempt application suicide and beg the dean for an A? Her number is technically listed on the website and the worst she can say is no:lol:

Should I attempt application suicide and beg the dean for an A? Her number is technically listed on the website and the worst she can say is no:lol:
oh yeah totally go for it my dude, and put in a good word for the rest us will ya?

Reactions: 2 users