2022-2023 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Historically they waitlist most people after December but not everyone according to some of their admissions faculty. Either way they have a good bit of waitlist movement that seems to occur within the first 2 weeks of May. From what I’ve read people seem to get decisions around the 15th of each month from the previous month so those that interviewed in January should receive a decision around February 15th. I could be fairly wrong but this is what I’ve gathered from my neurotic reading :)
ayo I thought waitlist movement begins in april?

Members don't see this ad.

Historically they waitlist most people after December but not everyone according to some of their admissions faculty. Either way they have a good bit of waitlist movement that seems to occur within the first 2 weeks of May. From what I’ve read people seem to get decisions around the 15th of each month from the previous month so those that interviewed in January should receive a decision around February 15th. I could be fairly wrong but this is what I’ve gathered from my neurotic reading :)
Well this is good to know. I interviewed recently and won’t be expecting anything then 👍

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the A call today around 6:45a PT. Super thrilled, still in shock, and feel very grateful. I would feel confirmed after I receive my admission letter. When would we be receiving the admission letter? Thank you!

Reactions: 3 users
I got the A call today around 6:45a PT. Super thrilled, still in shock, and feel very grateful. I would feel confirmed after I receive my admission letter. When would we be receiving the admission letter? Thank you!
Congratulations! It took mine around a week

congrats! when did you interview?

Congrats! Stats?

I also got the A call for SELECT this morning around 10am EST! I interviewed 1/25, OOS, LM 74

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If they don’t call in the morning can we safely assume it’s a WL?

That’s what I told myself but it didn’t keep me from constantly checking my phone all day lol it seems like they usually get the calls done pretty early though

Congrats to the recent As! Feel free to reach out with any questions in my DMs.

PS-I hope now y'all believe me when I said that we don't waitlist everyone after December:lol: WL movement is coming soon though, as it does for many schools.

Reactions: 4 users
Within a week! If you have USPS informed delivery, you'll be able to see it. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi you guys! I’m trying to schedule my interview but I only see the interview available for March 2nd at 12am

Hi you guys! I’m trying to schedule my interview but I only see the interview available for March 2nd at 12am

At the top of the screen, it says that you’re you will have two interviews between eight and five, that day. After being confirmed they’ll email you what time your interviews are.

At the top of the screen, it says that you’re you will have two interviews between eight and five, that day. After being confirmed they’ll email you what time your interviews are.

Thank you! Do you know how long they usually
take to get back to applicants after they interview?

Did anyone who interviewed in December for CORE hear anything back? I haven’t seen anything in the mail yet.

Did anyone else who did an interview not have one with a medical student? Both of mine were with faculty and I really enjoyed them both but I’m wondering if that is normal or not

Did anyone else who did an interview not have one with a medical student? Both of mine were with faculty and I really enjoyed them both but I’m wondering if that is normal or not
I did as well. I had a friend with both students. Seems like they just chose on who was available.

Any advice interview wise? I interview in March 2nd and could really use the advice

Lots of different things you can do to prep(mocks, question review, self interviews, etc) but I think the main thing that helped me was to focus around having a conversation rather than the fact that I was being interviewed. Keep in mind that this program is interested in you and now they just want to get to know you better. Also, it didn’t happen in my interview but I read some posts where people got grilled a little bit especially on ethical dilemmas so just be mentally prepared for that to happen and don’t let it throw you. Good luck!

Received the waitlist letter in the mail today for CORE, hope it turns into an acceptance since this is my dream school 🙏

Reactions: 1 users
Got my WL letter today for CORE as well. Interviewed 1/31. Hoping for lots of WL movement

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I'm gonna be in Tampa from April 14-16 and would love to tour or visit the school but I saw that the tour dates are all on Wednesday. Does anyone know if it's possible to go on a Friday or maybe there's a current student who's available? Would love any insight into this!

Yeah just email the admissions office. In past years they have reached out to me and other current students to give tours to accepted applicants PRN. Best to go through the admissions office to set one up. I'm in Allentown now so can't help you personally.

Yeah just email the admissions office. In past years they have reached out to me and other current students to give tours to accepted applicants PRN. Best to go through the admissions office to set one up. I'm in Allentown now so can't help you personally.
I appreciate the response! I'll be sure to do that. I'm currently waitlisted so hopefully they'll give the same courtesy as an accepted student but I'd love to get to know the area in case I get an acceptance later, I'll email them!

Does USF usually have a lot of waitlist movement? People keep saying getting an interview this late for USF is an automatic waitlist

Last edited:
Does USF usually have a lot of waitlist movement? People keep saying getting an interview this late for USF is an automatic waitlist
Lol scroll up ppl are getting in!! But I’m guessing WL movement would be different for core vs select so idk really

Congrats to the recent As! Feel free to reach out with any questions in my DMs.

PS-I hope now y'all believe me when I said that we don't waitlist everyone after December:lol: WL movement is coming soon though, as it does for many schools.
I haven’t seen an acceptance for core?

I have informed delivery and saw a letter from usf this morning. If I didn’t receive a call for an acceptance this is most likely a waitlist right?

For anyone else accepted, is USF showing up on your Choose Your Medical School dashboard? My other acceptances are there but not USF and now I'm worried my acceptance was a dream lol (except I already submitted all the paperwork they asked for)

I emailed them and they said they just haven't uploaded their acceptances to AMCAS yet, but it should be happening sometime in the near future.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait so if you’re waitlisted they send you that by mail instead of email? How long does it’s usually take to hear back after an interview then? Also did anyone who interviewed after December get acceptances? I did not know if you got an interview for March if they automatically waitlist you

Waitlist today. IS CORE Interviewed 1/17

Anyone know if USF will let us know what number on the waitlist we are if we call?