2022-2023 Vermont

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone comment on how long we have to respond to the MMI prompts? From what I've read there are 9 prompts in total and one hour for the MMI. So how many minutes do we get to think about the prompt and then respond to the prompt? One hour seems very rushed.
You get 2 minutes to think about the prompt and 6 minutes to respond
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So was the release last week for February? And there will be a date sometime in March? If there is a March date I am assuming it will be much later in the month.
It’s weird, in last years thread a huge amount of people found out on the 3rd of March and for the most part it’s followed the same trajectory this year
 
Did you ask about DD
I did! She told me that at the end of the month the committee reviews everyone who's still active and on DD, and make decisions once a month for As. Much more movements are to be expected after April 30/May 1 for those who remain on DD at that point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s weird, in last years thread a huge amount of people found out on the 3rd of March and for the most part it’s followed the same trajectory this year
I wouldn't put too much weight on last year's trajectory, especially given that DD is a new thing for UVM this year. But that's just one man's opinion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BGK
I'm just confused cause for late Jan interview they told us we would hear back late Feb or March, but probably March. So did that mean if we don't get lumped in with the February date, then we would have to wait a whole month till the March date? No point trying to decipher their words I guess, just neurotically waiting on 5 post-ii decisions...
 
I wouldn't put too much weight on last year's trajectory, especially given that DD is a new thing for UVM this year. But that's just one man's opinion.
Yeah I hear you. Just weird they kept telling people on the phone “late feb/early March” but then again we are all just out here checking our emails regardless
 
I'm just confused cause for late Jan interview they told us we would hear back late Feb or March, but probably March. So did that mean if we don't get lumped in with the February date, then we would have to wait a whole month till the March date? No point trying to decipher their words I guess, just neurotically waiting on 5 post-ii decisions...
I was a September interview who was told we would know by mid-November, only to be DDed in late January. welp.... waiting game for all of us
 
I interviewed in November, was put on DD later December, was told likely would be told A or W in March... anyone have any idea when there will be some movement?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't get a pre-II R email yet? I assume it's just a matter of time before I do...but why not send out a single pre-II R email to EVERYBODY if the interview season truly is over?
 
Pre-II R email a couple of minutes ago. The email is so savage inviting us to an info session for reapplicants. Kinda seems like they are assuming that if they didn't want us no other school wanted us either.
There are people who (1) really want to go to one specific school and others who (2) really want to go to school in a specific state e.g. their home state. I know several people who applied to a handful of schools they specifically targeted because they really only want to attend those institutions. I wouldn't assume they're saying people who got rejected didn't get in elsewhere, they're just sending a blanket invitation to those who didn't get in elsewhere but also just those who really hope to attend UVM specifically. Many people are simply limited by other life factors e.g. family, and need to stick to a narrow geographical area. Also, a lot of people cannot afford to go to school anywhere other than public schools in their own home state, so many of the reapplicants would also likely be in-state rejected students. You ARE worthy of being in medical school. they aren't telling you otherwise, and don't let anybody else either 🙂.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Joining the Pre-II R Wave. Mine was also in promotions, probably because of their goofy reapplication seminar