You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Maybe they aren't even meeting this week maybe it'll be next weekCan someone call and see what’s going on lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am hoping they say something before April! On April 15th AMCAS recommends people who have been accepted to more than 3 schools withdraw their acceptances from everywhere else but their top 3.
wantabedoctor
Full Member
I am not sure why I have written down in my notes from interview day that we would hear back on April 6th. Hope I am wrong!I am hoping they say something before April! On April 15th AMCAS recommends people who have been accepted to more than 3 schools withdraw their acceptances from everywhere else but their top 3.
BGK
Full Member
I think because last year that was the day…but like everything has been so inconsistentI am not sure why I have written down in my notes from interview day that we would hear back on April 6th. Hope I am wrong!
Congrats! When did yall interview?
A just now. Interviewed in Jan I think.
No DD movement anytime soon manCongrats! When did yall interview?
No DD movement anytime soon man
DD purgatory here
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Congratulations! Did they call you or email?A just now. Interviewed in Jan I think.
sciencegirl888
New Member
DD since October...was hoping this was the month 😢
Any Feb interviewees hear back today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nooooope. :-/Any Feb interviewees hear back today?
Which interview date were you? I was 2/7. Guess we'll be next week then!Nooooope. :-/
Mine was 2/3. And seems like it!Which interview date were you? I was 2/7. Guess we'll be next week then!
Email.Congratulations! Did they call you or email?
It sounds like they only meet once a month so I don’t think it’ll be until next monthWhich interview date were you? I was 2/7. Guess we'll be next week then!
LastChanceU
Full Member
2/17 interviewees, hang on we are here for a long time. 🥲
hopefully more frequently since their interview season is over! (my delusional thinking)It sounds like they only meet once a month so I don’t think it’ll be until next month
Interviewed mid Jan and still nothing!Interviewed on 1/31 and didn't hear anything yet.. not even DD, anyone else in a similar boat?
That sounds reasonable I hope you're right hahahopefully more frequently since their interview season is over! (my delusional thinking)
3/3, we shall simply pass away2/17 interviewees, hang on we are here for a long time. 🥲
butterfly62
Full Member
I have been on DD since December, and it feels like absolute torture to keep waiting.I was DD, interviewed in August, and just got the A today that I withdrew. Best of luck to everyone!
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
So I sent them an email to feel it out and was pretty much told me that there has not been an update and that they would contact us when there was. So pretty much "don't email us about it" lolCan someone call and see what’s going on lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for letting us know🙂So I sent them an email to feel it out and was pretty much told me that there has not been an update and that they would contact us when there was. So pretty much "don't email us about it" lol
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
No problem. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty turned off by the whole DD thing. It just comes across as them not being able to stick to their own timeline and coming up with a way to cover it by "making it fair for everyone".Thank you for letting us know🙂
I agree. I am all for fairness, but the application cycle is all about strategy; people apply early to interview early, and therefore, have a better chance at admission.No problem. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty turned off by the whole DD thing. It just comes across as them not being able to stick to their own timeline and coming up with a way to cover it by "making it fair for everyone".
Were you on Delayed Decision or was this the first time you heard back post-interview?A just now. Interviewed in Jan I think.
Here's a thought: it's crazy to me that UVM class of 2027 facebook page (Larner College of Medicine Class of 2027 | Facebook) currently only has 40 people out of a class size of ~124. Ofc not everyone accepted will be on their facebook page but compared to other schools, this seems like proportionally tiny amount of people. This seems to suggest that a ton of acceptances (or just any decision other than DD) are bound to go out in April and May, that is if they stick to once per month release schedule. In my case, I was explicitly told by the office that there will be lots of offers post April 30. I don't know if that simply pertains to those who are DD, but that is seemingly quite late all things considered. These are just my speculations but I'm definitely on board with the idea that their class is nowhere near full or completed.I agree. I am all for fairness, but the application cycle is all about strategy; people apply early to interview early, and therefore, have a better chance at admission.
Here's a thought: it's crazy to me that UVM class of 2027 facebook page (Larner College of Medicine Class of 2027 | Facebook) currently only has 40 people out of a class size of ~124. Ofc not everyone accepted will be on their facebook page but compared to other schools, this seems like proportionally tiny amount of people. This seems to suggest that a ton of acceptances (or just any decision other than DD) are bound to go out in April and May, that is if they stick to once per month release schedule. In my case, I was explicitly told by the office that there will be lots of offers post April 30. I don't know if that simply pertains to those who are DD, but that is seemingly quite late all things considered. These are just my speculations but I'm definitely on board with the idea that their class is nowhere near full or completed.
46 now [emoji24][emoji24][emoji28][emoji28] What is wrong with me
46 now [emoji24][emoji24][emoji28][emoji28] What is wrong with me
Good to know im not the only one…. [emoji3061]
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
Thursday tomorrow 👀
What time do decisions usually come out on Thursdays? Do we think there will be any today, or are we looking at April? [emoji854]
PhantomHive7
Full Member
Is it always a Thursday?What time do decisions usually come out on Thursdays? Do we think there will be any today, or are we looking at April? [emoji854]
What time do decisions usually come out on Thursdays? Do we think there will be any today, or are we looking at April? [emoji854]
They released some decisions last Thursday so i wouldn’t expect any today. They release decisions approximately once a month, historically on Thursdays (Fridays if Monday happens to be a holiday). I wouldn’t expect any decisions until late April (I’m expecting 4/20 which is just about four weeks since last Thursday). They did say offers will be more frequent after 4/30.
For those of you considering other Vermont, just wanted to highlight our incredible Match Day this year! This class was with a TRUE pass/fail preclinical AND clinical grading!!! (for anybody worried about that). As long as you put in the work, you can definitely match at amazing institutions!
Last edited:
See you guys next Thursday
How common is it for this school to award in state tuition to OOS applicants?
Not really at all. Residency requirements are pretty strict (full policy if you want https://www.uvm.edu/sites/default/files/UVM-Policies/policies/residencyLCOM.pdf). Basically, you have to live in Vermont for a full year before starting school, but that year can't be just to establish the residency for tuition.How common is it for this school to award in state tuition to OOS applicants?
"An in-state status applicant who applies for admission or registers for class within one year of moving to the state shall have created a rebuttable presumption that residency in Vermont is for the purpose of attending UVM and/or acquiring in-state status for tuition purposes."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew my acceptance, I selected the Vermont campus. More than other schools I see a lot of people patiently waiting to hear back here so I hope I opened up a spot for one of you!!! UVM was the first school to offer me an interview so this is a very bittersweet moment. Good luck everyone, I'm rooting for you!
Thank you for your serviceWithdrew my acceptance, I selected the Vermont campus. More than other schools I see a lot of people patiently waiting to hear back here so I hope I opened up a spot for one of you!!! UVM was the first school to offer me an interview so this is a very bittersweet moment. Good luck everyone, I'm rooting for you!
B. Rieux
New Member
I reached out and it sounds like they should be released at the end of this week.has anyone heard about financial aid packets? i believe they said they should drop end of March
Do you know of scholarships come out at the same time or are they separate?I reached out and it sounds like they should be released at the end of this week.