You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sorry everyone. Last year I interviewed at Albany September 13th and then went on their waitlist at the end of the cycle and then got rejected in July. People who haven't had to experience this type of waiting don't know what it's like, you can't put it into words
throwaway198773
Full Member
Sorry everyone. Last year I interviewed at Albany September 13th and then went on their waitlist at the end of the cycle and then got rejected in July. People who haven't had to experience this type of waiting don't know what it's like, you can't put it into words
I feel ya. Last year, different school. Interviewed first interview date for the cycle Sep 6ish, waitlisted then rejected halfway through orientation around August 8th 😵
edit: interviewed at the same school this cycle, AGAIN on their first week of interviews, was put on their 'dd' list. As soon as I got my first A, I withdrew immediately. Didn't sit right with me how little they seemed to respect me. So I understand the stress everyone here has about DD. Not saying UVM's DD is disrespect, this school just led me on for 2 years.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lil_raisin
Full Member
If no march interviewers have heard back yet then are we expected to wait until May?
Did anyone who interviewed 2/14 hear back?
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
"DD is a temporary status" my butt. Every time I re-read that message on the applicant portal it starts to feel more permanent.Radio silence for this DDer ... I'd like to sue for undue emotional distress please 🙃
![]()
chickennuggetsupreme
Full Member
I interviewed 2/17 and no newsDid anyone who interviewed 2/14 hear back?
I think that the admissions committee will start to meet more frequently now, maybe before MayIf no march interviewers have heard back yet then are we expected to wait until May?
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
I think that the admissions committee will start to meet more frequently now, maybe before May
You can't give us hope like that lol
Last year decisions came out on April 7th, April 14th, April 19th, and May 3rd. This year decisions didn't come out the first week but did today so I think there will be a day or 2 of decisions before May![]()
You can't give us hope like that lol
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
I really hope you're right... This wait is fraying my nerves.Last year decisions came out on April 7th, April 14th, April 19th, and May 3rd. This year decisions didn't come out the first week but did today so I think there will be a day or 2 of decisions before May
I *promise* I'm not saying this to brag -- just to provide full info in case it helps anyone even a little bit during this awful waiting process. I received an admission offer today, and then almost immediately received a merit scholarship offer, which they're wanting me to either accept or reject within 10 business days. So there is a distinct possibility that today they only let people know who were also going to get this particular merit scholarship, since the clock is ticking on their side for that.
Again, not to be self congratulatory -- just transparent. I hope everyone else hears back soon. <3
Again, not to be self congratulatory -- just transparent. I hope everyone else hears back soon. <3
Hey, massive congrats! Thanks for your transparency, but congratulations more than anything else!I *promise* I'm not saying this to brag -- just to provide full info in case it helps anyone even a little bit during this awful waiting process. I received an admission offer today, and then almost immediately received a merit scholarship offer, which they're wanting me to either accept or reject within 10 business days. So there is a distinct possibility that today they only let people know who were also going to get this particular merit scholarship, since the clock is ticking on their side for that.
Again, not to be self congratulatory -- just transparent. I hope everyone else hears back soon.
wantabedoctor
Full Member
same :-(I interviewed 2/17 and no news
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
Did anyone from 2/7 hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Astrid Stanley
Full Member
I’m waitlisted at 4 universities and accepted to none… what do my chances look like? Is it time to just apply to post bacc and another cycle?
Guessing it’s a strategic move for them to wait and see how many accepted students include Vermont in reducing As to 3 this weekend 🤔
This was me last cycle and I didn’t get in but fingers crossed:-/I’m waitlisted at 4 universities and accepted to none… what do my chances look like? Is it time to just apply to post bacc and another cycle?
Yes I got DD email yesterdayDid anyone from 2/7 hear back?
Astrid Stanley
Full Member
What schools might I ask?This was me last cycle and I didn’t get in but fingers crossed:-/
You can DM meWhat schools might I ask?
Astrid Stanley
Full Member
I’d love to but it won’t let meYou can DM me
Pineapple768
Full Member
Is delayed decision less worse than waitlist?
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
Supposedly it's to give them more time to decide if you should be accepted or waitlisted. Per their decision email and the response that I got when I had emailed them asking for an update about two weeks ago, "they understand that this decision is disappointing, but it allows them to pace acceptances throughout the cycle." I think myself and many others here can say that it feels more like being waitlisted to be waitlisted, and to answer your question in some way, it certainly feels pretty bad. I was waitlisted last cycle here and can say being on DD for four months has indeed felt worse. At least on waitlist I had a general idea of where I stood with the school. Honestly, if it wasn't the only school I interviewed at this cycle I would have withdrawn my application already because they clearly don't care about us as human beings.Is delayed decision less worse than waitlist?
TheLastAppbender
New Member
Hello y’all. OOS applicant who interviewed late October and got DD late January here. I sent a letter of interest back in November and while I don't want them to think I am bugging them, their official website does say "We do encourage waitlisted applicants to periodically contact the Admissions Office affirming their continued interest in the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont." Since it has been four months now since I sent a LOI, should I send another one? Also, for everyone else who is in the DD purgatory, that website says their waitlist begins in May, so if they don't follow last year's trend of releasing decisions almost every Thursday (or Friday) in April, I hope we will for sure know if we are accepted or officially waitlisted in May.
I would absolutely send another one. Also, if your previous letter was a letter of interest and you now feel that you would enroll if accepted, you can write a letter of intent, which holds more weight. (Or it should...I'm sure some people lie and write multiple letters of intent, but the idea is that you only write one.) And include any updates on your work/volunteering/research since you last contacted them. Staying in touch shows them you're still interested, if nothing else.Hello y’all. OOS applicant who interviewed late October and got DD late January here. I sent a letter of interest back in November and while I don't want them to think I am bugging them, their official website does say "We do encourage waitlisted applicants to periodically contact the Admissions Office affirming their continued interest in the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont." Since it has been four months now since I sent a LOI, should I send another one? Also, for everyone else who is in the DD purgatory, that website says their waitlist begins in May, so if they don't follow last year's trend of releasing decisions almost every Thursday (or Friday) in April, I hope we will for sure know if we are accepted or officially waitlisted in May.
Not to alarm anyone but decisions were released the last two Tuesdays of April last year
I am alarmed now lollNot to alarm anyone but decisions were released the last two Tuesdays of April last year
throwaway198773
Full Member
Any current students willing to answer some questions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
Have any other in-state people been asked for, quite frankly, a ridiculous amount of "proof" that you live in VT? Like they want copies of 7 years worth of tax documents and leases? I'm not sure how much more personal information I'm willing to give them without knowing if I got in or not.
Does anyone know if they've admitted a number of students equivalent to the class size yet? Are people on DD still in the running for unfilled spots?
jjll
Full Member
No way to know for sureDoes anyone know if they've admitted a number of students equivalent to the class size yet? Are people on DD still in the running for unfilled spots?
another quiet day out here
another quiet day out here
[emoji3074][emoji3074]
butterfly62
Full Member
I had to provide a bunch of tax docs, credit card statements, etc.Have any other in-state people been asked for, quite frankly, a ridiculous amount of "proof" that you live in VT? Like they want copies of 7 years worth of tax documents and leases? I'm not sure how much more personal information I'm willing to give them without knowing if I got in or not.
shootAny current students willing to answer some questions?
PhantomHive7
Full Member
shoot
How often are you able to go out and hang with friends or travel? Let’s say you wanted to go away for a weekend
Pretty dependent on the individual. If you're able to study proficiently during the week, you could definitely take an entire weekend off here and there. Flying in and out of Burlington can be a pain in the ass, but a lot of people go up to Montreal or even to Boston on some of the weekends. As of now, theres not a lot of sessions with mandatory attendance (probably going to change for next year), so people are able to get extended weekends by skipping classes.How often are you able to go out and hang with friends or travel? Let’s say you wanted to go away for a weekend
Does anyone know how long they usually take to provide an aid package after acceptance? Thanks.
Actually that's the deadline to narrow down to 1 school. April 15th was the deadline for top 3 schools.I haven’t been put on DD even from a Feb interview. Is there a deadline that they have to get back to us by? Like do we have to know by 5/1 since that’s our deadline to choose our top 3?
Actually that's the deadline to narrow down to 1 school. April 15th was the deadline for top 3 schools.
Oh ok. 4/15 was listed as a suggested timeline when I last checked aamc. Either way I don’t have 3 As haha. Any insight to answer for my question?
"For applicants who are offered a position on the waitlist, please note that the waitlist is not publicly ranked and our waitlist process will start in May."I haven’t been put on DD even from a Feb interview. Is there a deadline that they have to get back to us by? Like do we have to know by 5/1 since that’s our deadline to choose our top 3?
The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine
Founded in 1822, the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont is the seventh-oldest medical school in the nation.
"For applicants who are offered a position on the waitlist, please note that the waitlist is not publicly ranked and our waitlist process will start in May."
![]()
The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine
Founded in 1822, the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont is the seventh-oldest medical school in the nation.www.med.uvm.edu
Ngl, UVM’s process is right up there with UMass in terms of confusion and promptness
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wantabedoctor
Full Member
If we haven’t heard anything since our February interview do we assume DD or waitlisted? I don’t understand the silence this close to final decisions
If we haven’t heard anything since our February interview do we assume DD or waitlisted? I don’t understand the silence this close to final decisions
I actually would have preferred the silence instead of DD purgatory [emoji622]
same boat, but from what I've gathered, no one who interviewed after Feb 7 has heard back. I don't think it's a matter of DD/WL, just a matter of pacing acceptances.If we haven’t heard anything since our February interview do we assume DD or waitlisted? I don’t understand the silence this close to final decisions
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
So we have deadlines we have to follow but schools have guidelines. Is this like the pirate's code or what? Is there anything holding these schools accountable to giving us prompt responses?Actually that's the deadline to narrow down to 1 school. April 15th was the deadline for top 3 schools.
medstudent1999
New Member
I was placed on DD on 4/14 after interviewing on 2/28.same boat, but from what I've gathered, no one who interviewed after Feb 7 has heard back. I don't think it's a matter of DD/WL, just a matter of pacing acceptances.