2022-2023 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Attachments

• falling-big-wave.jpg
    falling-big-wave.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called admissions earlier and they told me interview date 2/17 should be hearing back early next week

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
This process has been so disheartening. Personally, I'm in a similar position at 2 schools. It's hard to move on to working on the next cycle without knowing the outcome of this one....

Reactions: 5 users
Got the A about 10 mins ago! Can't believe it!!

Edited to add: it was a pretty personalized acceptance. Interviewed in Feb, never on DD.

I’m so cynical about the application process at this point that my first reaction was that this was a troll post lol

Congrats future doctor!!!!*

*please be real

Reactions: 1 user
I’m confused if they give people who interviewed on 2/17 an acceptance next week, what do they do if they already have another one? Like what are the rules u have 24 hours to decide? Does anyone understand this? I figured if we were hearing back this late (last day before 5/1 deadline) it would be all waitlist or rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m confused if they give people who interviewed on 2/17 an acceptance next week, what do they do if they already have another one? Like what are the rules u have 24 hours to decide? Does anyone understand this? I figured if we were hearing back this late (last day before 5/1 deadline) it would be all waitlist or rejections?
I’m also just confused they told us we would hear back in April..

I interviewed in early march. If early feb people are just now hearing back, it seems like the march people will end up hearing back once classes start or something. This school is ridiculously slow

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I did hear via DM from someone else who also got the A, fyi. I called Admissions because I can't really make a decision between this one and my other school by Monday without scholarship info from UVM, they didn't pick up though. Gonna email them to see what my choices are.
Thanks for the info and best of luck in your decision!

Well, it is end of business day.
I think I might just perish on this DD list.
Just write Delayed Decision on my gravestone.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Are they waiting on giving most of the January & February interviewees any type of decision just to protect their yield. So they can see tomorrow if we have other offers. So much for caring about our mental health. I am so annoyed by this. In the interview they said we would hear by early April. Decision day is tomorrow 😡😡😡

Are they waiting on giving most of the January & February interviewees any type of decision just to protect their yield. So they can see tomorrow if we have other offers. So much for caring about our mental health. I am so annoyed by this. In the interview they said we would hear by early April. Decision day is tomorrow

Yeah, I’m not a fan of this DD thing they’re doing. We won’t have any time to negotiate financial aid or anything.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of this DD thing they’re doing. We won’t have any time to negotiate financial aid or anything.
I would feel better to have been told I am a DD instead of radio silence since interview. But you are right no time to negotiate aid or merit. Maybe that’s part of their reasoning.

I would feel better to have been told I am a DD instead of radio silence since interview. But you are right no time to negotiate aid or merit. Maybe that’s part of their reasoning.
seriously though, shouldn't people on DD for months have heard at least that they are on WL or been rejected by now? just sayin... if I wasn't gonna get the A right off the bat, I would have at the very least expected a permanent change in status instead of the wishy-washy DD

This is getting ridiculous for us that haven't heard back yet since today's the AMCAS choose one acceptance deadline, but probably safe to assume WL/R because of that right?

I think the DD email said they’d evaluate our app until they reach a decision of accepted or waitlisted and don’t mention rejection. That being said, I’m not sure that’s a guarantee of not getting rejected, as they probably can do that too. I’m not really sure of anything at this point. Lol.

I think the DD email said they’d evaluate our app until they reach a decision of accepted or waitlisted and don’t mention rejection. That being said, I’m not sure that’s a guarantee of not getting rejected, as they probably can do that too. I’m not really sure of anything at this point. Lol.
Quite honestly I think DD is just their way of delicately putting us on a waitlist while giving us some semblance of false hope.

Quite honestly I think DD is just their way of delicately putting us on a waitlist while giving us some semblance of false hope.
DD and waitlist are essentially the equivalent, I don't understand why they wouldn't just update us on that

Doesn't matter, I committed at another school and wouldn't chose UVM even if accepted. This lack of organization and respect for our time is concerning to say the least

What's up everyone, I just wanna take a step back and really emphasize something. Don't forget this feeling. For those of us that end up making it through here into UVM, this is feedback you can give Admissions as enrolled students to pay it forward for upcoming cycles. Then once we're all doctors, remember this feeling when you have the opportunity to work with your local med schools on admissions, and do what you can to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen. And especially those of us that get into positions of leadership and have sway with AAMC or AACOM, remember this feeling so you can push to change things for the better. Things are gonna end up just fine for all of us, just don't forget where you came when they do.

Reactions: 8 users
Got the A - interviewed late Jan, DD a month ago.

Reactions: 13 users
Accepted via email today. Interviewed early this year and DD shortly after. Their letter says I have two weeks to respond but per AMCAS don't I have to hold only one acceptance by EOD today? I'm so confused. I have one other acceptance that I had clicked "plan to enroll" on minutes before getting the UVM email lol. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Reactions: 1 users
hahah was also just accepted. Like I said 10 minutes ago "If I'm accepted I'm declining" lol

Hope it goes to one of you fine folk on DD/waitlist purgatory

Reactions: 6 users
This looks like a wave of DD -> A (congrats everyone!).

Anyone who was not previously on DD receive an A?

Got the A a little under 2 hours ago! OOS interviewed 2/17, no DD

Reactions: 1 users