You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
chickennuggetsupreme
Full Member
me and nopeI interviewed on 2/17 and haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone from 2/17 hear anything?
I was placed on DD on 4/14 after interviewing on 2/28.
May I ask if you're IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm 2/7 with silence [emoji854]I interviewed on 2/17 and haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone from 2/17 hear anything?
I wonder if it’s better to have heard back or not
medstudent1999
New Member
OOSMay I ask if you're IS or OOS?
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
Another Thursday is slowly passing...
Is this school real and did any of us actually interview or is it just a collective false memory bordering on delusion
We will get the results when Bernie becomes president, so just be patient 🙂
We will get the results when Bernie becomes president, so just be patient 🙂
So never?
Thiccy I missed hearing from you !We will get the results when Bernie becomes president, so just be patient 🙂
Apparently they are having their second Closer Look day (accepted students day) today, so I guess it’s real 🥹Is this school real and did any of us actually interview or is it just a collective false memory bordering on delusion
so another day w no decisions hmmmApparently they are having their second Closer Look day (accepted students day) today, so I guess it’s real 🥹
Another day, another slayyy ✨so another day w no decisions hmmm
This makes me think that they've offered at least 124 acceptances so far, if not many more. Logically, it would make no sense for them to be this far into the season without the possibility of a full roster. I think I've really been holding out that my DD could turn into an acceptance any day now, but I've lost pretty much all hope. I know the only saving grace is that this school supposedly has a lot of waitlist movement, but now with the setup this year I'm not sure. It's really disheartening... Thoughts and prayers to all my fellow comrades in the trenches out here.Apparently they are having their second Closer Look day (accepted students day) today, so I guess it’s real 🥹
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn’t lose hope 🙂 their only other accepted students day was in December, so they probably are catching up to offer something to other accepted students before May 1. Additionally, only ~66 people are in the Facebook group, which includes an admissions member and potentially people who withdrew acceptances.This makes me think that they've offered at least 124 acceptances so far, if not many more. Logically, it would make no sense for them to be this far into the season without the possibility of a full roster. I think I've really been holding out that my DD could turn into an acceptance any day now, but I've lost pretty much all hope. I know the only saving grace is that this school supposedly has a lot of waitlist movement, but now with the setup this year I'm not sure. It's really disheartening... Thoughts and prayers to all my fellow comrades in the trenches out here.
Last edited:
Hey, I interviewed in February but have not heard back. Is that normal? I thought perhaps I got rejected but nothing.
wantabedoctor
Full Member
SameHey, I interviewed in February but have not heard back. Is that normal? I thought perhaps I got rejected but nothing.
There is no strict rule to my understanding, just recommendations for students as to when they should withdraw/commit by. Please see the following AMCAS guidance: Application and Acceptance Protocols for ApplicantsThey have to get back to us by May 1 right? Anyone know if there is an actual rule for that?
EDIT: upon further analysis, admissions officers also have “traffic laws,” which can be found here: Application and Acceptance Protocols - Admission Officers
Last edited:
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
So....
Is there a way to let AMCAS know if a school is not following these guidelines? Just wondering as April 30th is quickly approaching lolThere is no strict rule to my understanding, just recommendations for students as to when they should withdraw/commit by. Please see the following AMCAS guidance: Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants
EDIT: upon further analysis, admissions officers also have “traffic laws,” which can be found here: Application and Acceptance Protocols - Admission Officers
They’re just “recommendations” by AMCAS from what I understandSo....
Is there a way to let AMCAS know if a school is not following these guidelines? Just wondering as April 30th is quickly approaching lol
Hang in there, Spidey. I actually cried about it a few days back because I so badly want to attend UVM but the stress was really getting to me. We're in this together (cue High School Musical soundtrack)!Man this is getting ridiculous
D
deleted1048149
SureAny current students willing to answer some questions?
Also just browsing this thread I remember just a few short years ago going through all the nonsense that is the med school application process. No one really understands what it's like and the whole thing just sucks. Stick with it everyone, you'll get where you need to go one way or another. Even just being at this stage is an accomplishment but I remember how god-awful it felt.
plsacceptmeplspls
New Member
I’ve been noticing the facebook group slowly going up, they are at 77 with 15 new ones in the past week
My theory is that they’re employing a new strategy this year to better gauge acceptances ahead of April 30 so as to not hand out too many Acceptances that people end up declining. Perhaps an accepted student can attest if Vermont has recently circulated emails inviting you to the Fb group?I’ve been noticing the facebook group slowly going up, they are at 77 with 15 new ones in the past week
For those who interviewed, you know the Acceptance to Matriculation ratio is relatively high in the stats they showed, and DD is new this year (to my understanding). Just speculating, but I think they are waiting until Monday to issue out A or WL to all post-II (pre-decision) or DD applicants.
doctorhimothy
New Member
At the recent second look day, they mentioned the Fb group which may explain the recent surge this week since many did not know about the group beforehand. That being said, I would guess somewhere between 5-10 people are current students (posting housing opportunities) or administrators.Perhaps an accepted student can attest if Vermont has recently circulated emails inviting you to the Fb group?
butterfly62
Full Member
Praying for some news tomorrow. 😅
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
I mean… it’s gotta be today or tomorrow right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
*tomorrow or FridayI mean… it’s gotta be today or tomorrow right?
Anyone gotten financial aid / scholarships from here yet?
I received a merit scholarship directly after being admitted. When I checked to see what need-based aid was like (my EFC is literally 0), they said they don't offer any need-based scholarships, so the rest would be in loans.Anyone gotten financial aid / scholarships from here yet?
EndureVascular
Full Member
If I may ask- are you in state? And had you already filled out fafsa for them prior to scholarship?I received a merit scholarship directly after being admitted. When I checked to see what need-based aid was like (my EFC is literally 0), they said they don't offer any need-based scholarships, so the rest would be in loans.
I'm debating just withdrawing at this point since the only way I end up here is if I'm admitted and its directly followed up with a scholarship, so I'm wondering if that's even a possibility
interviewed in september man same boat lolI interviewed early December, it is now nearly May, and all I have gotten is “DD”. This is so ridiculous and insulting.
+1interviewed in september man same boat lol
I'm OOS. I had not yet filled out FAFSA for them when they awarded the scholarship. It was awarded by the admissions office, rather than the financial aid office.If I may ask- are you in state? And had you already filled out fafsa for them prior to scholarship?
I'm debating just withdrawing at this point since the only way I end up here is if I'm admitted and its directly followed up with a scholarship, so I'm wondering if that's even a possibility
Interviewed in September. Placed on DD in January. Zero communication since.
Is anyone else fed up with this lack of communication this late into the cycle? I'm extremely grateful to have an A elsewhere, but I was originally really excited about UVM! Now I'm just annoyed lol
Is anyone else fed up with this lack of communication this late into the cycle? I'm extremely grateful to have an A elsewhere, but I was originally really excited about UVM! Now I'm just annoyed lol
I would highly recommend to everyone who hasn’t filled out the FAFSA, even if you haven’t heard back yet/are on DD to fill out and submit the FAFSA. The priority deadline has passed and they recommended people fill it out ASAP “in order to have a timely aid offer.”
PhantomHive7
Full Member
Has anyone just called the admissions committee to ask?
the urge to withdraw before my II decision
mmmtriscuits
Full Member
+1Interviewed in September. Placed on DD in January. Zero communication since.
Is anyone else fed up with this lack of communication this late into the cycle? I'm extremely grateful to have an A elsewhere, but I was originally really excited about UVM! Now I'm just annoyed lol
I've asked this a few times now, but does anyone know if there is anywhere we can lodge a complaint about this? It just feels very much like we're being taken advantage of. Like applications are expensive and we aren't even being given the courtesy of a real, timely answer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like AMCAS would be the place. Unfortunately, however, the traffic laws for admissions committees in terms of timeliness are just recommendations and not required.+1
I've asked this a few times now, but does anyone know if there is anywhere we can lodge a complaint about this? It just feels very much like we're being taken advantage of. Like applications are expensive and we aren't even being given the courtesy of a real, timely answer.
see y'all tomorrow?
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
Alright uvm let’s do this
butterfly62
Full Member
Crickets for everyone?Alright uvm let’s do this
This decision wave is going to be massive