2022-2023 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted via email today. Interviewed early this year and DD shortly after. Their letter says I have two weeks to respond but per AMCAS don't I have to hold only one acceptance by EOD today? I'm so confused. I have one other acceptance that I had clicked "plan to enroll" on minutes before getting the UVM email lol. Any insight would be much appreciated!
You have the two weeks because it is a new acceptance off waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks!

Are classes optional or is in-person attendance required? And how about recorded lectures? From one of the presentations it seems like a large part of the pre-clinical curriculum is PBL/TBL based, which I would assume has required in-person attendance

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of us that haven't heard a response since interviewing, are we basically DD at this point?

Thanks!

Are classes optional or is in-person attendance required? And how about recorded lectures? From one of the presentations it seems like a large part of the pre-clinical curriculum is PBL/TBL based, which I would assume has required in-person attendance
DM me (current student)

Withdrew my A from here. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Reactions: 9 users
For those of us that haven't heard a response since interviewing, are we basically DD at this point?
I'm starting to think at this point that the DD people that haven't heard back yet are probably waitlisted. But who knows with this school.

Reactions: 1 users
A earlier today! Mid feb ii, never on DD. I’m confused cause I had already selected PTE at another school on amcas since today is the deadline? The uvm email said 2 weeks to decide tho? I’m pretty confused. Does anyone have any insight on this?

• Care
A earlier today! Mid feb ii, never on DD. I’m confused cause I had already selected PTE at another school on amcas since today is the deadline? The uvm email said 2 weeks to decide tho? I’m pretty confused. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Someone said it a bit earlier, but I believe you still have two weeks since you just got the A? You can contact AAMC or UVM to make sure

Withdrew my A and a sizable merit scholarship tonight. Here's hoping both go to one of you! <3

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted my A on Friday, but withdrew today after a very intense look at finances. Hope it goes to one of you awesome peeps. It was very difficult to withdraw, but I have to do what's best for my family.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
What kind of email did you receive? Did it explicitly say WL? Just trying to get any info at this point
Yes “inform you that your name has been placed on our waitlist of qualified/alternate candidates.”

Waitlisted.
Interviewed in October, DD in January.
I know historically that this school had decent waitlist movement, but now I'm nervous because there's no precedent for what will happen this year.

Interviewed 9/9, DD in November, and WL today (3/2). Good luck to everyone

Got the A - interviewed mid Feb. This is the first communication since my interview. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted.
Interviewed in October, DD in January.
I know historically that this school had decent waitlist movement, but now I'm nervous because there's no precedent for what will happen this year.
Yeah. I saw somewhere that in the past they accepted way more applicants than there were seats. So probably a lot of them declined their acceptance. Maybe they implemented DD to try to deal with that. Im not sure if that means it’ll be tougher to get in off the waitlist this year for those of us here. Like you said, no precedent

I did hear via DM from someone else who also got the A, fyi. I called Admissions because I can't really make a decision between this one and my other school by Monday without scholarship info from UVM, they didn't pick up though. Gonna email them to see what my choices are.
Did they get back to you on when you may hear about the financial package they are giving you? Do we have a clue if they are generous with merit?

Congrats everyone! A today as well. Interview in December, DD in Feb.

Accepted to the VT campus 2 hrs ago! Was placed on DD 4/14, interviewed early Feb, OOS. Also my first communication since my interview! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
WL from august interview - declined my spot

A today, interviewed end of Feb and was placed on DD a couple weeks ago. Feeling super lucky right now. I’m hoping for the best outcomes for the rest of y’all, it will all work out 🫶🫶

A! Interviewed in October, DD in December, hadn't heard anything since. IS, 50X, 3.6X.