2022-2023 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS- Interviewed 2/17 - WL today

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed late February, DD in mid-April, WL today. Still holding out hope! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In the email they say "Please note that the admissions office staff will not disclose the number of applicants on the waitlist. In addition, we cannot make predictions as to the movement of the waitlist or an applicant's chances of admission in a given season so please keep this in mind if you contact the admissions office." They didn't say that we couldn't request our position on the WL, just that they can't make predictions as to whether or not we'll get off of it. I wonder if we are able to ask where we are on the WL?

if I turned in fafsa in nov - do I just need to wait for an email about finaid info?

+ do all first year students go to vermont? - im a little confused about the ct campus thing - thats just for 3/4 year clinicals right? ...sorry

Last edited:
A!! Is there an accepted group chat somewhere?

In the email they say "Please note that the admissions office staff will not disclose the number of applicants on the waitlist. In addition, we cannot make predictions as to the movement of the waitlist or an applicant's chances of admission in a given season so please keep this in mind if you contact the admissions office." They didn't say that we couldn't request our position on the WL, just that they can't make predictions as to whether or not we'll get off of it. I wonder if we are able to ask where we are on the WL?
I think where we are on the WL falls under the other two they mentioned lol

Reactions: 1 user
if I turned in fafsa in nov - do I just need to wait for an email about finaid info?

+ do all first year students go to vermont? - im a little confused about the ct campus thing - thats just for 3/4 year clinicals right? ...sorry
In terms of your second question- yes, first two years are in Vermont, and if you’re placed on the Connecticut campus you would then go to Connecticut for clinical (3/4 year).

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to ct campus even tho my preference is vt
Thats weird, they made it sound like on interview day that CT was the harder campus to get and was generally more desired

I wanted VT and got VT so I might be out of the loop

Can anyone speak to pros of ct campus over vt? Sway me here lol

Can anyone speak to pros of ct campus over vt? Sway me here lol
I would try to contact current ct campus students, but to name a few:
- Connecticut has a more diverse patient population, and therefore you will see more diverse cases during clinical rounds
-if you like the city, NYC is a quick trip away and a fun way to spend weekends with friends
-smaller cohort for Connecticut (~20 students), which makes it feel like a close knit community
-I’ve heard from past ct campus students that you’re allowed to be a little more independent/get to do more within the care team during clinical rounds, which is nice if that is how you’d like to learn

Also wait do we knowww when people who just got As will get financial info? Kinda hard to make a decision without it. I called the office about a diff issue but haven’t heard back at all

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Biggest downside of CT campus is that it makes finding a non overlapping lease a complete PITA due to 1.5 year preclinical, forces you to move either right before starting rotations or during STEP 1 studying, isolates you from much of your social group, and that part of CT is quite expensive too. Should also note that UVM students aren't the only students rotating at CT campus hospitals as sites are shared with I believe Ross or SGU. Not sure how that logistically works or if there is really a downside to that, but it's important to note.

Haven't been quite happy with admin's lackluster response regarding lease issues either despite that being the most vocal issue raised during last cohort meeting. Just be sure to budget ahead of time and be ready to lose quite a bit of money with rent.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted this morning after being waitlisted yesterday—what in the world

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Withdrew my position on the waitlist, sending my best to you all! It's been a nice ride.

Reactions: 6 users
Facebook but no groupchat. It is pretty silent to be honest. Just current students posting openings in housing. Hoping it will liven up with more A's now.

Do you have a link to it by any chance? Having difficulty finding it

Thanks!

Are classes optional or is in-person attendance required? And how about recorded lectures? From one of the presentations it seems like a large part of the pre-clinical curriculum is PBL/TBL based, which I would assume has required in-person attendance
Currently the only “mandatory” attendance is TBL, Doctoring Skills, and certain lectures. It sounds like this will change in the Fall as the admin is upset with the current attendance rates, which seems to be about 33%

Everything is recorded and can be watched asynchronously for the most part.

Has anyone who got accepted this week heard about fin aid/does anyone know UVM's COA for OOS students?

Are there any current UVM students here that would feel comfortable answering some questions for me? This is a really hard decision for me and I would really appreciate getting a current students POV!

Are there any current UVM students here that would feel comfortable answering some questions for me? This is a really hard decision for me and I would really appreciate getting a current students POV!

+1

Feel free to DM :)

Seems like no WL movement today hopefully there will be next week!

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys know where I'll be able to find my finaid info when it is available? - is it via email?
Thanks!

Can any current student (or future student w solid understanding) explain to me if clinicals in 3rd and 4th year are truly p/f