2021-2022 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
accepted students group!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When does the Wright state interview cycle end? Is it safe to assume that if youve heard nothing back yet that a rejection is on the horizon?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R just now. Complete in July.
Surprised I lasted this long lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R. complete August

• Care
just withdrew my A. best of luck to who gets it

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Joining the pre-II R wave, in state too so I'm surprised. Good luck guys!!!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A. Hopefully it goes to one of you!

I was a skeptic of our curriculum coming in but I can say after 7 months that our curriculum actually saves me so much time in preparation. Most classes are called Peer Instruction or PI. You prepare for the material at home and then you come in and answer multiple choice questions on a clicker in class. If a certain percentage of the class gets it correct, you move on more quickly. If not, you discuss it with the people sitting next to you and the professor teaches on it for a few minutes. PI is a really good way to gauge if you are studying the material properly before you get to an actual exam. BSOM has done a lot of research into their curriculum and how the frequent quizlike PIs reinforce student learning. Also, PI is only 3 hours so you can use the entire rest of the day to study as you see fit unlike other schools where you might be listening to lectures for most of the day. We also have TBL(Team Based Learning) sessions that are a little more PBL-like. We're given a case, discuss it in groups of 6 and try to answer questions about it. Not as big of a fan of TBL but PI is by far the main learning modality. Additionally, we do have MCQ exams pretty frequently(every 3 weeks on average) which is an adjustment. But, in my opinion, it helps you to stay on top of the material and be accountable. Also, we take MCQ exams first as individuals and then again with a group so that you can learn questions/concepts that you didn't understand from others in your group. All in all, no school's curriculum will be perfect and BSOM's definitely could improve but I personally how much time I am able to spend studying independently.

Thank you so much for this detailed response and reply! I have also been very nervous about the curriculum since I’m so used to lectures and like the structure of having a professor present slides in different topics.
When I read that BSOM has no lectures, it really made me wonder how can there be no lectures in med school since medicine is so complex and challenging? But with talking to several current BSOM students, most people seem to really like the curriculum overall

How is White Hall and the med school library? Where are different spots on campus that med students can study? Are there study lounges or areas where only med students can study?

Thank you so much for this detailed response and reply! I have also been very nervous about the curriculum since I’m so used to lectures and like the structure of having a professor present slides in different topics.
When I read that BSOM has no lectures, it really made me wonder how can there be no lectures in med school since medicine is so complex and challenging? But with talking to several current BSOM students, most people seem to really like the curriculum overall

How is White Hall and the med school library? Where are different spots on campus that med students can study? Are there study lounges or areas where only med students can study?
White Hall is nice enough. There is a quiet study room that is reserved for med students only. There is also a couple of other conference type rooms that you can study in. Also the main university library is like a 3 min walk from White Hall and has plenty of places to study. I'm not sure what you mean by med school library because I don't believe one exists at BSOM.

Last few years it was mentioned ranked highly in waitlist emails, did anyone got high ranking email this year?
Good question. I was wondering the same thing! I also noticed that from last year’s page .

Does someone know how many accepted students at portal ?
There's 67 members in the official Facebook students group for class of 2026 but I know a few of em are admins and current students.

Last few years it was mentioned ranked highly in waitlist emails, did anyone got high ranking email this yea

Last few years it was mentioned ranked highly in waitlist emails, did anyone got high ranking email this year?
Hi. I received the high-ranking email. it said "Unfortunately, we have reached the point in our admissions cycle when we offer fewer acceptances. Although we did not offer you a position in our entering class, you received a strong rating from the committee and we expect you will be ranked high on our final alternate list."