2021-2022 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Happy 2022 everyone, I am also one of the #ignored

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
part of the #ignored club too, hoping we all hear back soon with good news :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Well on a more cheery note, did anyone successfully complete their 2021 resolutions? Anyone set any goals for 2022? You know, besides getting an A and stayin alive stayin alive ah ah ah ah

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well on a more cheery note, did anyone successfully complete their 2021 resolutions? Anyone set any goals for 2022? You know, besides getting an A and stayin alive stayin alive ah ah ah ah
I didn't make a resolution last year. This year I want to send one hand written letter each month! I have never sent hand written letters ever :D

Hi everyone I got an interview!!!! Can anyone give me advise on how to prepare ?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone I got an interview!!!! Can anyone give me advise on how to prepare ?
Know your application, be prepared to tell details about your upbringing/life, and know why you want to pursue medicine and why at Wright State and you will do excellent! It is very conversational.

R just now. Complete 7/28. OOS

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Pre-II R just now. Good luck guys!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the pre-II R for MD/PhD after being complete August 28! Waiting for these new year Rs to start rolling. It's honestly a relief after months of silence from like half of my schools. Good luck guys!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
joining the R wave, pre-II/OOS/complete 8/23/LM 65ish

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R received about an hour ago. Complete 7/25 and update letter sent about a month ago. GL everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R, OOS. Best of luck to those interviewing/awaiting decisions!

Cheers!

• Care
Pre-II R today. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R today, OOS, completed on 7/30, onward!

• Care
Had my interview today. It was fine and very relaxed but kind of odd. The first interviewer kept asking me to name character traits of people close to me which I thought was weird after like the third person lol

• Haha
  • Hmm
Pre-II R today as well, OOS but with ties, completed August

• Care
Oh man.... best of luck to all y'all who got the R :( It looks like they're sending out OOS R's first.....

Do any current students know if preclinicals are being taught online or as a hybrid, and how much of it is mandatory to attend? Asking because I am considering staying in Columbus for my first year or two before moving to Dayton, and I can't find all of the information on their website :)

Know your application, be prepared to tell details about your upbringing/life, and know why you want to pursue medicine and why at Wright State and you will do excellent! It is very conversational.
Thank you so much for the advice ! I’m so excited! At your interview did you wear a whole interview outfit or did you dress the part from the waist up ?

Thank you so much for the advice ! I’m so excited! At your interview did you wear a whole interview outfit or did you dress the part from the waist up ?
Whole interview outfit hahaha

waitlisted 😭😭 confused because I felt like my interview went sooo well. My second interviewer even told me she hopes I chooses boonfshoft. I’m crushed because this was my top choice.

Edit: just want to add I did have a lower mcat score, but I have spent the past 3 years of my life working at boonshofts main teaching hospital and dedicating my time serving the Dayton area. that is why I’m so upset and hurt 😞

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
A question for anyone who has been waitlisted this cycle: looking through last years thread, some people who got waitlisted received their waitlist email and it told them they were rated highly and they were expected to be placed high on the waitlist… did anyone get that email this year? Mine said nothing about that, just a generic waitlist email so now I’m even more sad

do they send us an email on how to send thank you letters and all that? I just left after the second interview cause there was nothing else I think to do

do they send us an email on how to send thank you letters and all that? I just left after the second interview cause there was nothing else I think to do
When I interviewed the admissions office emailed me the next morning after my interview with info on sending thank you letters and hearing back. They told me to send my thank you letters to the admissions email who will forward it to my interviewers so thats what I did.

When I interviewed the admissions office emailed me the next morning after my interview with info on sending thank you letters and hearing back. They told me to send my thank you letters to the admissions email who will forward it to my interviewers so thats what I did.
did you just send it directly as an email or did you type it in a word doc and email the doc?

Did they remind you of the names of your interviewers? I remember the first interviewer, but completely forgot the name of the second.

On the topic of interview thank you letters, I did not send any in and I got accepted - YMMV but I think they do not carry much if any weight in the final decision!

Did they remind you of the names of your interviewers? I remember the first interviewer, but completely forgot the name of the second.
I had written them down during my interview so I didn't need to ask again but im sure you could ask!

I didn't send in any thank you letters either, and I got accepted 2 weeks after my interview date. Just make sure you make a really good impression in front of both interviewers, and they will take care of the rest!

Anyone know when Boonshoft stops sending out II's?

• Hmm
Hey! M1 at BSOM right now. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Just wanted to hop on here and say that the image BSOM tries to cultivate of being a family and flexible and caring is very real and it doesn't go away once you are accepted and a lowly first year. There's about 10 of us in class that have kids and daycare closures have been a nightmare lately, they've been really great and accommodating and just really kind. Just wanted to reassure any moms/dads or future parents of that. Good luck!

How long did it take yall to receive the Certiphi email after acceptance? Been waiting a couple weeks and haven't heard anything yet

How long did it take yall to receive the Certiphi email after acceptance? Been waiting a couple weeks and haven't heard anything yet
It was a while. Some ppl got it in less than a week and then others waited over a month. idk the rhyme or reason, but it's coming, don't worry.

Holy crap I got in guys 😭😭 omggg

1/04 interview

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Got the A this morning

Interviewed 1/11

edit: 516, 3.9c 3.8s, ORM, IS, t20s undergrad

Last edited:
  • Love
Did they give you any feedback opportunities? :(

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing stats/complete date? Did they tell you how full the class is? I wonder if they are still sending ii
They didnt say how full the class was, And my stats were low I'm so surprised I got in !
3.3 505 ORM OOS

• Care
  • Love