2021-2022 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they give you any feedback opportunities? :(

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing stats/complete date? Did they tell you how full the class is? I wonder if they are still sending ii
Nope. Just said theyd likely let me know where i stand on the waitlist around april 15th

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
They didnt say how full the class was, And my stats were low I'm so surprised I got in !
3.3 505 ORM OOS
Wow, that's great! I wonder if I'll get an ii... I'm in state and similar stats. Lots of experience matching their mission

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the interviewer as access to our stats or is that portion blind ?

My interviewers had access to all my stats
Thank you ! Did they ask you questions about your stats ? Mine are on the lower end so I’m thinking I might need to have a response ready incase they ask me .

Thank you ! Did they ask you questions about your stats ? Mine are on the lower end so I’m thinking I might need to have a response ready incase they ask me .
No, they were just brought up as part of a random bit of conversation. The interviews themselves are very conversational and really just seems like them just getting to know you. I wouldn’t stress. Just know your own application and be genuine.

No, they were just brought up as part of a random bit of conversation. The interviews themselves are very conversational and really just seems like them just getting to know you. I wouldn’t stress. Just know your own application and be genuine.
Thank you so much ! Others have said similar so that makes me feel more at ease .

Help! I uploaded a portal update but I didn't realize it was a one-time upload!!! It said we can't upload anymore if we hit complete but there was no complete button so I hit done uploading and now I can't upload anything else in the future :( Is admissions able to reset this?!

Thank you so much ! Others have said similar so that makes me feel more at ease .
They asked me a little about mine. One interviewer went into depth about my MCAT sub scores. I scored much higher on CARS the first time taking the MCAT vs the second and asked me why that was. Also asked me how I changed my study habits between my first two years of college and my last two and if I felt prepared for medical school. Was accepted about a week later

Edit: that being said… if you have an interview don’t be surprised if they ask about something glaring on your MCAT/transcript

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone I had my interview today I think it went well! To those who have been accepted how long did it take for them to notify you ?

Hey everyone I had my interview today I think it went well! To those who have been accepted how long did it take for them to notify you ?
Little over 2 weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
II received on Friday 1/21, scheduled for 2/23 - IS, 3.6x, 515, ORM

If anyone has any interview advice please let me know!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
II received on Friday 1/26, scheduled for 2/23 - IS, 3.6x, 515, ORM

Congrats on your II but holy poop did you give me a heart attack with the "1/26 Friday"..... I have a presentation on Friday and thought it was today and I missed it o_O

• Haha
Accepted last week; first acceptance which was super exciting

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II today! Dates available were tomorrow (lmao) and March

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Well I just got waitlisted. I’m a little bummed cause I feel Iike maybe my interview didn’t go as well as I thought it did. :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
WL earlier today. Really disappointed thought my interview went very well :(

• Care
Got an II around 12 today. Scheduled for March 8th, the other option was March 9th. IS, 511 MCAT, 3.6 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when the last rounds of interviews are sent out?

Hey y'all, I'm a current MS1 at BSOM and I can answer any questions you all have about the school

Reactions: 2 users
Thoughts on the PBL curriculum? Do you ever feel like you're wasting time that could be better spent studying independently? @yahwehd

Thoughts on the PBL curriculum? Do you ever feel like you're wasting time that could be better spent studying independently? @yahwehd
I was a skeptic of our curriculum coming in but I can say after 7 months that our curriculum actually saves me so much time in preparation. Most classes are called Peer Instruction or PI. You prepare for the material at home and then you come in and answer multiple choice questions on a clicker in class. If a certain percentage of the class gets it correct, you move on more quickly. If not, you discuss it with the people sitting next to you and the professor teaches on it for a few minutes. PI is a really good way to gauge if you are studying the material properly before you get to an actual exam. BSOM has done a lot of research into their curriculum and how the frequent quizlike PIs reinforce student learning. Also, PI is only 3 hours so you can use the entire rest of the day to study as you see fit unlike other schools where you might be listening to lectures for most of the day. We also have TBL(Team Based Learning) sessions that are a little more PBL-like. We're given a case, discuss it in groups of 6 and try to answer questions about it. Not as big of a fan of TBL but PI is by far the main learning modality. Additionally, we do have MCQ exams pretty frequently(every 3 weeks on average) which is an adjustment. But, in my opinion, it helps you to stay on top of the material and be accountable. Also, we take MCQ exams first as individuals and then again with a group so that you can learn questions/concepts that you didn't understand from others in your group. All in all, no school's curriculum will be perfect and BSOM's definitely could improve but I personally how much time I am able to spend studying independently.

II received on Friday 1/21, scheduled for 2/23 - IS, 3.6x, 515, ORM

Make sure you can explain anything in your stats/background that could be seen as a negative. The hardest questions I got were about why I did some of the activities I had or what I learned, rather than just explaining what I did.

Overall, it was a laid back interview. Making small talk and asking questions about the school or the interview will go a long way. Do not worry if there is something on your app you do not get to talk about. They know what is in your app, they are trying to learn about you as a person and if you will be a good student and part of the community.

Hello everyone, I have an interview coming up on March 8th at 11:30 AM. Does anyone know how long the interview process is? I have a class that day from 1-4 and am curious whether I can make for a portion of the class.

Seeking some guidance here... I haven't received II but haven't been rejected either. With respect to Wright State, is it safe to say I should move on? I'm OOS.

Seeking some guidance here... I haven't received II but haven't been rejected either. With respect to Wright State, is it safe to say I should move on? I'm OOS.
I feel like there's still a chance, but I heard Wright State has a fairly strong IS bias. Personally, I'd hope for the best but assume it's a no-go.

Hello everyone, I have an interview coming up on March 8th at 11:30 AM. Does anyone know how long the interview process is? I have a class that day from 1-4 and am curious whether I can make for a portion of the class.
Your last interview will be scheduled to end at 245, so you may still make some of the class.

I am instate with above average stats for them with no rejection. Also very strongly aligned with their mission. Does anyone know if they will still send any interviews?

Does anyone know if there was any movement today? I interviewed 2/2 and expected to maybe hear something today if the committee met yesterday?

Interviewed 2/2, and accepted just now. Good luck all!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users