You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Wright State (Boonshoft)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bosnianbrute
Full Member
Where you in the top third?I just got off the waitlist this morning OOS, but I can't find the PTE option on AMCAS anywhere. Do I have to wait for it to show up?
YesWere you in the top third?
premed314314
Full Member
I think its usually a few hours afterI just got off the waitlist this morning OOS, but I can't find the PTE option on AMCAS anywhere. Do I have to wait for it to show up?
MedisStress
Full Member
Withdrew my acceptance a few days ago, can't wait for all of you amazing people to do great things at Boonshoft!
Good luck to you wherever you end up!Withdrew my acceptance a few days ago, can't wait for all of you amazing people to do great things at Boonshoft!
bosnianbrute
Full Member
I'm sorry to bother but does anyone know if they've started on the middle third? Movement according to sdn has been very slow and im starting to worry 😅
Fingers crossed for you!!I’m so excited for you ! I’m middle third too ! I’m praying that I’ll be next!
Hello and congrats to everyone accepted! Wanted to drop this in here again: BSOM 2028! - Accepted Students there's another gc within here for ppl still looking for roommates as well 🙂
bosnianbrute
Full Member
Does anyone have any news about movement 🤞
hopefulMD1234
Full Member
Does anyone have any news about movement [emoji1696]
Has there been any movement since last week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happytobehere!
New Member
does anyone know if there’s a dress code for class?
hopefulMD1234
Full Member
Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement at all in the last few weeks?
does anyone know if there’s a dress code for class?
No dress code for class. Only anatomy that you have to wear scrubs or when we have standardized patients that dress code is business professional.
hopefulMD1234
Full Member
Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement at all since 5/23/24? Is there confirmation they’re up to the middle third?
bosnianbrute
Full Member
They are at the middle third currently. Where we are on the middle third idk. So far according to SDN we have only one accepted from the middle
docinspace9
Full Member
any movement in the middle third?
premed314314
Full Member
Is there a dress code for orientation?
gratefultobehere
New Member
Just withdrew my A today, hoping it goes to one of you guys!!
Are there any current students that can share their overall experience at bsom? Also are the clinical rotation sites mainly in Dayton area? Wondering as a oos student if you would have to move for rotations or if they’re all local
Current M4 here - overall the vibe of the school is great. All of the people at the school are amazing, from students to faculty. Medical school is what you make it. The flipped classroom can take some work to get used to but overall teaches you how to be a self-directed learner (some people will disagree with me lol, but there’s no way to have one person teach/lecture you all you need to know for both clinical sides & step 1/2 no matter what ppl say).
All rotations are in or around Dayton, at most 30 mins away. You will need a car here. You won’t have to move for any rotations that you do, esp if you choose to not do any away rotations during 4th year.
bosnianbrute
Full Member
Any movement news?
hopefulMD1234
Full Member
I think we should be expecting most of the movement to be Friday or next week because of the CTE deadline
docinspace9
Full Member
Where did you find this date? And is there typically a lot of movement following the CTE deadline?I think we should be expecting most of the movement to be Friday or next week because of the CTE deadline
hopefulMD1234
Full Member
Where did you find this date? And is there typically a lot of movement following the CTE deadline?
It’s on the AAMC’s website for every school. Usually waitlists move a good amount after the deadline because schools have a near exact count on who will be attending.
bosnianbrute
Full Member
Any news from the anxiously waiting mid tier? (I'm sorry ik I've been annoying).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefulMD1234
Full Member
Any news on waitlist movement?
docinspace9
Full Member
Has anyone tried calling to see where you’re at on the waitlist? And if so, do they tell you?
bosnianbrute
Full Member
They tell.you they cannot disclose any information
When is the last day of the waitlist movement?
bosnianbrute
Full Member
July 8th technically
bosnianbrute
Full Member
They sent another letter correcting it to July 8th.
oh yeah you’re right I forgot about thatThey sent another letter correcting it to July 8th.
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
OOS A!!!!
bosnianbrute
Full Member
Congratulations!OOS A!!!!
I’m so happy to see some movement it’s been silent for a while ! Congratulations 🎈🎊🎉OOS A!!!!
hopefulMD1234
Full Member
OOS A!!!!
Congratulations that’s so exciting! Were you from the middle third?
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
I’m so happy to see some movement it’s been silent for a while ! Congratulations [emoji324][emoji323][emoji322]
Thank you
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
Congratulations that’s so exciting! Were you from the middle third?
Thank you! Yes, middle third.
hopefulMD1234
Full Member
OOS A off middle third of the waitlist at 3:45 today. First MD acceptance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bosnianbrute
Full Member
Congratulations!!
hopefulMD1234
Full Member
Congratulations!!
Thank you!! Someone DM’d me asking for my stats so I’ll share. 3.3 GPA in undergrad, 3.7 in post-bacc, 511 MCAT.
docinspace9
Full Member
any expected movement during orientation week?