2023-2024 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay I called and they confirmed its a real event sent from the email of someone on the admissions team! Not sure how they chose who to send it out to but to those who got it, it's a real thing.
I didn't get it either, no II

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know where Albany is at w interviews?
Submitted my secondary 7/23... haven't heard anything since

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II, connections

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
For those who interviewed here, do yall remember when they said they will start sending out their decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed here, do yall remember when they said they will start sending out their decisions?
Last year it took about a month to hear back with the initial decision, however I’m pretty sure most people who are accepted are initially put on the alternate list so it may take awhile to get an acceptance.

Has anyone received an interview decision?

Still no word from the committee

Any recent IIs? Hoping for a wave this week 🙃

Reactions: 2 users
Did they say anything about II timeline at the AAMC virtual fair?

All I saw was that they do not accept updates so there’s not much to be done 🫠

+1 Alternate List ;| Fair enough, can't win em all

Happy for everyone who heard back today! I know they said in the info session that they accept a ton of people off of the alternate list so don't lose hope! I'm hopeful that with the A/AL wave today, the rest of us will hear back soon too :)

Alternate list. Do they send out post II rejection?

Wonder how the list moves. I’m assuming we’ll see it move in January/February
Based on previous threads I have seen movement as quick as one week after being put on the alternate list. Basically we are all ranked and as the cycle progresses, the bar for acceptance is lowered and if you are above that bar, they will send you an A.

OOS Alternate List
Hit with two waitlists back to back💆‍♀️

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
When I attended the Albany info session, they said that they put a ton of people on the alternate list and a ton of people get pulled off so I think if you get put on it your odds of getting in are actually pretty high.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
When I attended the Albany info session, they said that they put a ton of people on the alternate list and a ton of people get pulled off so I think if you get put on it your odds of getting in are actually pretty high.
Thank you for that reassurance, I sure hope so!!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received post II rejection?

Yup. They told us that 90% of their current M1 class was originally placed on the alternate list. We are all internally ranked and they lower the threshold for an acceptance as they progress through the cycle. Hang in there folks!

Reactions: 2 users
Do they only place 200 people on the alternate list?

Where did you hear 200 for the alternate list?
They probably got that number from the MSAR. Last year when I was stressing about being on the alternate list I saw on a previous year thread that they accept over 3 times the number of students who matriculate (most of whom would have to have been on the AL at some point). Plus they said during my interview most interviewees would be placed on the AL rather than outright accepted or rejected. If I had to guess, I’d think that number is referring to how many people remained on the alternative list at the end of the cycle. But that’s just conjecture.
IMG_5715.png