You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Arizona - Phoenix
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
IS II !
Stats?IS II; 8/21 was also the only option for me!
Where did you find this number? Thankslooks like 72 interviews went out today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can find it on their admissions homepage! LINKWhere did you find this number? Thanks
I'm worried as well, though based on previous years, people that submitted in mid july were receiving IIs months later sooIf i was complete 7/6 with LM 77.8 is there no hope for me 😅😅😅
literally the first wave!! remember that many II's are put in a pile for later interviews based off some priority ranking, and aside from that, I'm sure different screeners have different speeds at which they process applications. From previous years threads, the review process is anything but linearI'm worried as well, though based on previous years, people that submitted in mid july were receiving IIs months later soo
I'm also coping because i completed 7/7 with no IIliterally the first wave!! remember that many II's are put in a pile for later interviews based off some priority ranking, and aside from that, I'm sure different screeners have different speeds at which they process applications. From previous years threads, the review process is anything but linear
Are there no virtual interview options for ppl who got an II today?
Stats?
LM 74.3, submitted 6/30
In-person onlyAre there no virtual interview options for ppl who got an II today?
feeling like i just got clickbaited with this email just now haha, did anyone else who got an interview get this before hand? and how long before getting an invite?
“Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Arizona COM-Phoenix. We are pleased to inform you that you have successful met our minimum academic requirements for admission. We are now moving to the holistic review of your application where we will be determining the competitiveness of your application for an interview. This step includes the review of your academic and personal achievements; professional experiences and references; and essay responses.”
“Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Arizona COM-Phoenix. We are pleased to inform you that you have successful met our minimum academic requirements for admission. We are now moving to the holistic review of your application where we will be determining the competitiveness of your application for an interview. This step includes the review of your academic and personal achievements; professional experiences and references; and essay responses.”
Student2000!
Full Member
I never got a confirmation email after I submitted the application back in early July? Did anyone else get one or was it directly submission -> II?
itsme.imtheproblem
New Member
There's no place on the secondary application to check your status, correct? I got a 'Secondary Received' email as soon as I submitted my secondary but haven't heard since
I did not receive this email.feeling like i just got clickbaited with this email just now haha, did anyone else who got an interview get this before hand? and how long before getting an invite?
“Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Arizona COM-Phoenix. We are pleased to inform you that you have successful met our minimum academic requirements for admission. We are now moving to the holistic review of your application where we will be determining the competitiveness of your application for an interview. This step includes the review of your academic and personal achievements; professional experiences and references; and essay responses.”
For me it went submission -> complete/'Secondary Received’ email -> III never got a confirmation email after I submitted the application back in early July? Did anyone else get one or was it directly submission -> II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BaileyBoo20
Full Member
IS Il Received this afternoon! LM 75.5 , submitted 7/1
Last edited:
Wow I thought it was every two weeks. Congrats!IS Il Received this afternoon! GPA 3.95, 518 MCAT, submitted 7/1
Congrats! For 8/21 Applicant Visit Day?IS Il Received this afternoon! GPA 3.95, 518 MCAT, submitted 7/1
BaileyBoo20
Full Member
yeah! Do you know if they open up more available days? There was only one interview time slot open when I checkedCongrats! For 8/21 Applicant Visit Day?
I don’t think so. Per the email: "If you are unable to attend the date to which you are invited, please contact the Office of Admissions"yeah! Do you know if they open up more available days? There was only one interview time slot open when I checked
medicine_lyfe
Full Member
+1 OOSJust got the email saying I met their minimum requirements and they’re going to begin reviewing my app soon.
+2+1 OOS
onwardsandupwards468
Full Member
For people who have also received interviews, what kind of attire are you all planning on wearing to the student mixer? Not sure if it’s super formal and we have to wear suit/tie or if it’s more business casual…
Wondering the same thingFor people who have also received interviews, what kind of attire are you all planning on wearing to the student mixer? Not sure if it’s super formal and we have to wear suit/tie or if it’s more business casual…
From last year's thread:For people who have also received interviews, what kind of attire are you all planning on wearing to the student mixer? Not sure if it’s super formal and we have to wear suit/tie or if it’s more business casual…
Relatively casual. I mean I dressed up because I didn't know what to expect but it truly was just meeting with students. You don't have to dress up at all, or be incredibly formal.
For what it's worth I noticed a strong amount of student pride at UA Phoenix.
Very casual. Students were great. All the Med Students we're super casual and all the interviewees we're super dressed up [emoji23]
+1
Admissions tracker updated today:
4,549 Applications Received
80 Interviews Offered (72 were sent out on 8/1)
4,549 Applications Received
80 Interviews Offered (72 were sent out on 8/1)
How did you all approach assigning classes for the prereqs part of the application. It says stuff like one course, but allows for you to input multiple courses for each section. Should I just put all applicable classes under each section or just choose one that will fit it best?
Hexed
Full Member
I listed what they asked for, nothing more.How did you all approach assigning classes for the prereqs part of the application. It says stuff like one course, but allows for you to input multiple courses for each section. Should I just put all applicable classes under each section or just choose one that will fit it best?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow IS II just received! Complete 7/2
OOS II received (midwest!), LM 77, complete 7/1
Stats?Wow IS II just received! Complete 7/2
What a hit rate on those interviews so early, double digit IIs coming soon 🔥Wow IS II just received! Complete 7/2
Right? Super impressive!!What a hit rate on those interviews so early, double digit IIs coming soon 🔥
LM 73Stats?
OOS II received today. Complete 7/10, LM 72.5
Love the name 😭😭OOS II received today. Complete 7/10, LM 72.5
applicant9923
Full Member
I also just got this email. I submitted the secondary very early July... very confusedfeeling like i just got clickbaited with this email just now haha, did anyone else who got an interview get this before hand? and how long before getting an invite?
“Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Arizona COM-Phoenix. We are pleased to inform you that you have successful met our minimum academic requirements for admission. We are now moving to the holistic review of your application where we will be determining the competitiveness of your application for an interview. This step includes the review of your academic and personal achievements; professional experiences and references; and essay responses.”
n=1 but i received thisI also just got this email. I submitted the secondary very early July... very confused
Submitted secondary 7/2 and still don’t have this email. Anyone else? Seems like an email acknowledging we’ve made it past whatever screening they do and are now in a pile to be reviewed more thoroughly.
+1, LM ~74, complete 7/6OOS II received today. Complete 7/10, LM 72.5
+1Submitted secondary 7/2 and still don’t have this email. Anyone else? Seems like an email acknowledging we’ve made it past whatever screening they do and are now in a pile to be reviewed more thoroughly.
Fateisasong
Full Member
144 interviews now, per the admission tracker.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn that's like 1/3 of the total interviews they did last year144 interviews now, per the admission tracker.
Student2000!
Full Member
Jut received an academic screening complete email
BaileyBoo20
Full Member
They said they are planning on doing 1 applicant visit day a month, instead of the two they would do each month last year, for what it is worth! So these would be their August and September interviewees.Damn that's like 1/3 of the total interviews they did last year
pandastory
Full Member
+1Jut received an academic screening complete email
Crunchy_Munchy
New Member
can I ask when you submitted your secondary? I submitted mine on 7/25 and have yet to receive an academic screening complete email 🙁