2023-2024 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can I ask when you submitted your secondary? I submitted mine on 7/25 and have yet to receive an academic screening complete email :(
I submitted my secondary 7/24 and got the complete email 8/25

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
The last correspondence I've received from UofA was this email on July 3rd: "The Office of Admissions and Recruitment has received your completed secondary application and appreciates the time you took to tell us more about your education, your experiences, and what you could potentially add to The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix as a new medical student. We look forward to continuing the review of your application, and we hope to have the opportunity to invite you to campus in the near future."

As someone who submitted so early, should I be worried if I haven't gotten the admissions screening complete email?

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who interviewed in August, how formally did you dress for the mixer the night before the interview?

The last correspondence I've received from UofA was this email on July 3rd: "The Office of Admissions and Recruitment has received your completed secondary application and appreciates the time you took to tell us more about your education, your experiences, and what you could potentially add to The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix as a new medical student. We look forward to continuing the review of your application, and we hope to have the opportunity to invite you to campus in the near future."

As someone who submitted so early, should I be worried if I haven't gotten the admissions screening complete email?
Also worried about this, submitted a couple of days after you. Would appreciate some insight.

For anyone who interviewed in August, how formally did you dress for the mixer the night before the interview?
It seemed like there was quite a range. I dressed up but didn't feel out of place at all. The med students seemed to stick with t-shirts and jeans, and some of the attendees were in blazers/heels. Anything business casual would have been appropriate!

It seemed like there was quite a range. I dressed up but didn't feel out of place at all. The med students seemed to stick with t-shirts and jeans, and some of the attendees were in blazers/heels. Anything business casual would have been appropriate!
Thanks for your response. In addition, I was wondering if during the MMI they allow you to use pen and paper to jot down a few thoughts. If this is restricted information because of the NDA, I understand, and no need to respond.

Thanks for your response. In addition, I was wondering if during the MMI they allow you to use pen and paper to jot down a few thoughts. If this is restricted information because of the NDA, I understand, and no need to respond.
No, you're not allowed to write anything down :/ I had the same question! I actually thought that I could think through my answers better without focusing on writing down a few key points. You'll do great.

Also interested in people's opinions. Wondering if I should reach out to the school and ask to see if I could clarify anything

Quick question, is the interview open or closed file? I have found conflicting info online and I'm interviewing Monday 😂

Quick question, is the interview open or closed file? I have found conflicting info online and I'm interviewing Monday 😂
It's all MMI, so the interviewers know nothing about you other than I think name and photo (maybe)! Good look at your interview--you'll do great!

I meant to submit the secondary for this much sooner but here we are....I'm OOS, is it even worth sending in to UA-PHX since I'm late in the cycle now?
Eh it's kinda late, but based on last year's thread, people were getting IIs into December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted 7/18 received Academic Screening Complete email 9/13

Just received academic screening email

Does anyone know if U of A Phx sends post-Il rejections prior to October 16?

Complete 7/3, still no academic screening complete. Anybody else in this situation?
Feel like this means my application hasn't even been looked at once in almost 3 months, which doesn't seem right, no?

Complete 7/3, still no academic screening complete. Anybody else in this situation?
Feel like this means my application hasn't even been looked at once in almost 3 months, which doesn't seem right, no?
same here...not sure what to think about it

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
same here...not sure what to think about it
Could be one of those schools that separates which apps they review first based on certain qualities. I know it been a long time for you guys, but I'm sure they'll get to them eventually :)

Could be one of those schools that separates which apps they review first based on certain qualities. I know it been a long time for you guys, but I'm sure they'll get to them eventually :)
thanks pablo king of sdn

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed a month ago and never received this email so I think you’re fine👍🏻

• Love
Received an email today from admissions about an incomplete prereq / when I plan to take it! Email says I "Please respond to this email message by October 6, 2023 with your plans so that we can continue processing your application. Until we hear from you, your application will be on hold". Secondary complete 7/7

Received an email today from admissions about an incomplete prereq / when I plan to take it! Email says I "Please respond to this email message by October 6, 2023 with your plans so that we can continue processing your application. Until we hear from you, your application will be on hold". Secondary complete 7/7
Did they specify (or do you know) which course you lack? Do you intend to take it?

Did they specify (or do you know) which course you lack? Do you intend to take it?
Yes it's for biochemistry! Im taking in in the spring if I get an interview from a school that needs it.

just got the weirdest email… basically saying they “may have missed contacting me on an update to my application status”!?!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
just got the weirdest email… basically saying they “may have missed contacting me on an update to my application status”!?!
Same - I've tried re-reading it multiple times and I still don't really know what they're trying to say

• Hmm
  • Wow
Wondering if this may have been why I didn't get an academic screening complete email. For those of you who just got this email today, had you received that screening complete email? I think that may be what they were trying to imply but I could be wrong.

• Wow
Wondering if this may have been why I didn't get an academic screening complete email. For those of you who just got this email today, had you received that screening complete email? I think that may be what they were trying to imply but I could be wrong.
complete 7/7 and never got screening email

• Care
Same. 7/2 no screening email.
At least it's good they're still acknowledging we exist I guess? lol.

after re-reading a few times, I am thinking there was some sort of policy update where they stopped sending updates to applicants shortly after they started sending academic screening emails? but they realized they never informed us about that so they are trying to do that now? does that jive with anyone else who got the email?

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
I just got the academic screening complete email. OOS and submitted 7/20