2023-2024 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Cinci will be hearing from my lawyers...almost had a heart attack when I got that DEI letter 😔💀

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
The fact that there were no dates to save for the Save the Dates💀

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else with no II but got an email about a diversity event for only people with IIs
emoji1782.png
HAHAHAHAA

Is there anyone who applied who didn't get this email? Wondering if it means something or they just sent it to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the DEI email today too, but hadn't received it when people originally started posting about it here. I just wonder why/when they decide to send it haha. Has anyone who previously got the email subsequently received an II after?

I got the DEI email today too, but hadn't received it when people originally started posting about it here. I just wonder why/when they decide to send it haha. Has anyone who previously got the email subsequently received an II after?
+1 IS II! I received the DEI email yesterday! Completed 7/18.

Reactions: 1 users
Hoping there’s some correlation between the diversity email and II 🙏🙏

Did anybody not get the DEI email? I'm leaning towards it was a mass email sent to all applicants.

Reactions: 2 users
It seems so goofy to send an email about a session you can only attend if you were granted an interview. Would make you think you’re getting an interview soon but I’m almost sure it’s just a mass email

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone here for applying and to those who have already gotten IIs! I'm an M1 at Cincy so if anybody has any questions I'd be happy to chat and try to get them answered for you!
Thank you! Do you have any resources on how we can find out more about the campus and the student body? What are your thoughts on the curriculum and do you feel supported? How is the student body and is it easy to form study groups with your classmates?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone who received the DEI email know the dates or is that something they will provide after?

I meant to submit the secondary for this much sooner but here we are....I'm OOS but lived in Cincinnati for 7 years, is it even worth sending in to UC since I'm late in the cycle now?

I meant to submit the secondary for this much sooner but here we are....I'm OOS but lived in Cincinnati for 7 years, is it even worth sending in to UC since I'm late in the cycle now?
Yes, as long as your application is reasonably put together you should have a chance

Thank you! Do you have any resources on how we can find out more about the campus and the student body? What are your thoughts on the curriculum and do you feel supported? How is the student body and is it easy to form study groups with your classmates?
Hello! Before I applied I mainly looked through the material on the college's website regarding the student body and campus. I think their Instagram page @cincinnaticollegeofmedicine also gives some more tangible insight into things going on on campus and even has an MS1 day of my life. This YouTube video is from 2020 and about the Medial Sciences Training Program, but it gives a tour of the Medical Science Building which is also the medical school: This might be a good way to familiarize yourself with the med school before interviewing/touring. Otherwise, I think the best way to learn about the student body really is just to talk to as many current students as you can. During interview day they have current students take you on tours and chat with you during lunch (if in person), so that's a good way to get a vibe for the student body.

I feel very supported here and so far really like the curriculum. It is challenging for sure but that's to be expected with any medical school in my opinion. My impression so far is that a lot of the administrative staff (like in Student Affairs and DEI) really care about you and want you to succeed. There are a lot of resources offered all the time regarding academic success, study strategies, etc. If you get the chance to talk to an M2-M4, definitely ask them how they feel about it! Just to get the perspective of someone further along. I think it would definitely be easy to form study groups. A lot of people became friends during orientation and probably formed study groups as well. I prefer to study alone but I'm sure if I wanted a group study I could easily do that. There are also group tutoring sessions led by M2s-M4s that are a good way to study with others in your class. I've enjoyed them so far.

I know that was a lot but I hope it was somewhat helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hello! Before I applied I mainly looked through the material on the college's website regarding the student body and campus. I think their Instagram page @cincinnaticollegeofmedicine also gives some more tangible insight into things going on on campus and even has an MS1 day of my life. This YouTube video is from 2020 and about the Medial Sciences Training Program, but it gives a tour of the Medical Science Building which is also the medical school: This might be a good way to familiarize yourself with the med school before interviewing/touring. Otherwise, I think the best way to learn about the student body really is just to talk to as many current students as you can. During interview day they have current students take you on tours and chat with you during lunch (if in person), so that's a good way to get a vibe for the student body.

I feel very supported here and so far really like the curriculum. It is challenging for sure but that's to be expected with any medical school in my opinion. My impression so far is that a lot of the administrative staff (like in Student Affairs and DEI) really care about you and want you to succeed. There are a lot of resources offered all the time regarding academic success, study strategies, etc. If you get the chance to talk to an M2-M4, definitely ask them how they feel about it! Just to get the perspective of someone further along. I think it would definitely be easy to form study groups. A lot of people became friends during orientation and probably formed study groups as well. I prefer to study alone but I'm sure if I wanted a group study I could easily do that. There are also group tutoring sessions led by M2s-M4s that are a good way to study with others in your class. I've enjoyed them so far.

I know that was a lot but I hope it was somewhat helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.

This is so great, thank you so much!!! Other than being on campus, what's living in Cincinnati like? Does it have a very active student body and is there a lot going on off campus?

I just got two more DEI emails, bringing my grand total to 3...

Still no II

also got the DEI email today lol, my heart dropped I thought it was a II

This is so great, thank you so much!!! Other than being on campus, what's living in Cincinnati like? Does it have a very active student body and is there a lot going on off campus?
I like Cincinnati so far for the most part! It's a huge adjustment for me since I was raised and went to undergrad in very, very small towns. It can be a little overwhelming at times. There's tons to do though and the student body is very active both on and off campus. There are lots of opportunities to get involved in the community and with other students! I've really enjoyed just trying to get to know the area better so far and see what's around :)

• Love
Also got another DEI email today. Stop playin with my feelings and send me a II please 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Also got another DEI email today. Stop playin with my feelings and send me a II please 😩
Lmao, I just got another one too. I would be shocked if I got an interview with my stats. But they are playing with everyone's feelings.

Reactions: 1 user
Have my interview coming up soon and feeling nervous about it, can someone who's interviewed already speak about the day? Was the MMI stressful or did you guys prefer it to traditional? MMI tips, etc?