You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Cincinnati
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got this too. I thought I was done for.Just received an "Application Review Notification" email from Cincy like 10 minutes ago - thought this was the mass R wave putzing into my inbox, but it says that they're still looking at my app and are open to updates. Anyone know what this means? 🙏
+1, assuming it means if u have any updates u should tell them, idk if this is a real continued consideration or soft R thoJust received an "Application Review Notification" email from Cincy like 10 minutes ago - thought this was the mass R wave putzing into my inbox, but it says that they're still looking at my app and are open to updates. Anyone know what this means? 🙏
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1157211
+1.... i feel like we wouldve just gotten hit in the pre-II R wave from earlier??? this email is interesting. says they interview until march? treating it like a hold
+1
+1 at least they greeted us by our full names
Have they sent pre-II R to anyone? Confused by the "continued reviewed" status if everyone else got it too.
They have sent many outHave they sent pre-II R to anyone? Confused by the "continued reviewed" status if everyone else got it too.
D
deleted1005927
+1 CR. Is it worth sending a LOI? I honestly don't have many updates.
blueresearch17
New Member
I sent an update and about a week later got an interview invite. Not sure if it was coincidence, but have heard if you have anything to share, you should.+1 CR. Is it worth sending a LOI? I honestly don't have many updates.
Withdrawing from a March interview today. Not sure if this opens up another II, given this time in the cycle, but I wish everyone the best!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
plzzletmein
New Member
Hi! Would you happen to know how far out in March interviews are being scheduled? Just trying to gauge how many potential IIs are left for people under continued review. Thank you 🙂Withdrawing from a March interview today. Not sure if this opens up another II, given this time in the cycle, but I wish everyone the best!
brownsfan15
Full Member
I received an II last week and my date is in the first week of March.Hi! Would you happen to know how far out in March interviews are being scheduled? Just trying to gauge how many potential IIs are left for people under continued review. Thank you 🙂
Same for the spot I withdrew from.I received an II last week and my date is in the first week of March.
How long do the interviews last here and are there multiple interviewers? Mine is at 10:50 am and I am trying to gauge how much time it'll take.
betelgoose
New Member
Dunno if I got this cuz of you, but OOS II obtained! Submitted the first week of August.Withdrawing from a March interview today. Not sure if this opens up another II, given this time in the cycle, but I wish everyone the best!
Smileydimples
Full Member
Also wondering this!How long do the interviews last here and are there multiple interviewers? Mine is at 10:50 am and I am trying to gauge how much time it'll take.
wannabecomedian
Full Member
mine ended around 4pm but it was in-person so not sure how the lunch hour works virtually
Dalladalla
Full Member
Mine ended before 1 pm.Also wondering this!
wannabecomedian
Full Member
will there be more acceptances tomorrow?
-sincerely an anxious WL applicant
-sincerely an anxious WL applicant
Was yours also at 10:50? ThanksMine ended before 1 pm.
Dalladalla
Full Member
Yes! It started at 10:50.Was yours also at 10:50? Thanks
Alt listed too. I thought the list doesn't really start moving until May when people start giving up their acceptances?will there be more acceptances tomorrow?
-sincerely an anxious WL applicant
Arbiter604
Full Member
Alt listed too. I thought the list doesn't really start moving until May when people start giving up their acceptances?
Was thinking the same thing, though I think a couple people on here reported getting off. I’m expecting a little movement now and a lot in May fingers crossed.
wannabecomedian
Full Member
Any recent acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is about the time it took for me.Anyone have any idea what the turn-around time is from interview to being notified of an A or R? For some reason I'm thinking its 6 weeks but idk
6-8 weeks is what they told me at my interview last FridayAnyone have any idea what the turn-around time is from interview to being notified of an A or R? For some reason I'm thinking its 6 weeks but idk
bloopbeepbloop45
Full Member
it took almost exactly a month (interviewed mid nov, heard back mid dec). I don't know if that's typical though because they also told us 6-8 weeks on my interview dayAnyone have any idea what the turn-around time is from interview to being notified of an A or R? For some reason I'm thinking its 6 weeks but idk
wannabecomedian
Full Member
are any recent interviewees still waiting to hear back?
I am. I Interviewed on 2-14.are any recent interviewees still waiting to hear back?
Last edited:
diaboliquedillpickle
Full Member
IS A off the Alt List!
Arbiter604
Full Member
IS A off the Alt List!
Same here!
wannabecomedian
Full Member
congratulations!! can i ask when you interviewed/found out today?
Arbiter604
Full Member
congratulations!! can i ask when you interviewed/found out today?
Thank you! Interviewed in September, alt list in October and got the email at 1:50pm today.
wannabecomedian
Full Member
did you also send a letter of intent?Thank you! Interviewed in September, alt list in October and got the email at 1:50pm today.
Congrats y’all!! Does anyone know if cincy rejects post interview waitlist students each month or all at the end?
TerrificQuote23
Full Member
I'm pretty sure they only reject people on the alternate list at the very end.Congrats y’all!! Does anyone know if cincy rejects post interview waitlist students each month or all at the end?
diaboliquedillpickle
Full Member
congratulations!! can i ask when you interviewed/found out today?
I interview in early October and was placed on the Alt list in late October
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Arbiter604
Full Member
did you also send a letter of intent?
I sent a letter of interest with a couple minor updates, not a letter of intent though.
Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Cincinnati!
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
- Does Cincinnati have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Cincinnati?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
- Does Cincinnati have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Cincinnati?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
futuredrhan
New Member
Withdrew my interview invite that was scheduled for early March. Secondary submitted early, II came about a month ago, no update letter or anything sent. Good luck everyone