2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats. Mind sharing stats and whether or not you sent a LOI? Kinda in the same boat as you as I interviewed a long time ago.
509 MCAT, 3.89 GPA. I didn’t send a letter of intent but I got deferred from early decision program, so I suppose they kind of knew I was serious about them. I actually had given up hope for Geisinger. I was waitlisted last cycle and just expected the same thing to happen again. I had a few DO acceptances and this is my first MD acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS A from AL yesterday! Still in shock, I really didn’t think I’d be going to med school this year but super excited!!

OOS A from AL on Monday! I was wondering if there was a groupme or fb group I could join?

Members don't see this ad :)
You’ll get an email from admissions with links to join both.
Oh I see, thank you! Looks like I havent gotten them yet and I was hoping to ask people more about the area before making a decision.

Received an acceptance earlier this week after being placed on AL!! Does anyone have any recommendations on housing?

Around 123 (probably minus a few since there’s upperclassmen in the ground).
Last year's class size was 115, so I assume the current class is full currently. Do you think calling them one last time would be a bad look if I've contacted admissions twice already? CTE deadline was Monday but orientation is the 29th so maybe (probably not) waitlist movement will occur.

Last year's class size was 115, so I assume the current class is full currently. Do you think calling them one last time would be a bad look if I've contacted admissions twice already? CTE deadline was Monday but orientation is the 29th so maybe (probably not) waitlist movement will occur.
If you already did your two permitted contacting/updates as suggested on their site, they probably won’t be happy about more contacts. Are you waiting on Geisinger only? Any luck elsewhere?