You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Withdrew my A, all the best to everyone hoping for good news here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!!Just withdrew my acceptance today. I was also awarded the Abigail Geisinger Scholarship. Hoping it goes to one of yall <3
Damn everyone who gets accepted is withdrawing
scorpionfish
Full Member
i've heard other schools do it after april 30.... some schools turn deferrals into WLwhen does geisinger normally make the waitlist?
nothingbutloveMD
New Member
do we know when info about financial aid/scholarships would go out?
Has anyone from 2/23 interview date received decisions? ( and do you think there are only alternate spots available at this time point ? )
stinkygoose00
Full Member
Nope and tbh my expectations are lowHas anyone from 2/23 interview date received decisions? ( and do you think there are only alternate spots available at this time point ? )
beluga whalez
Full Member
+1Nope and tbh my expectations are low
Interviewed back in December, got deferred to the next committee meeting in March, and still haven't heard anything since. Ended up withdrawing my application this week. Disappointing to say the least. I likely wouldn't have attended this school based on how my cycle ended up, but the lack of communication following the interview was shocking. From being told we'd hear back in 6-10 weeks that ended up being 13 weeks, which wasn't even a clear decision, and then to not hear back at all since then is insane. I can't imagine if I had been counting on this school.
lol I got deferred after interview in October and haven’t heard anything since, also withdrawingInterviewed back in December, got deferred to the next committee meeting in March, and still haven't heard anything since. Ended up withdrawing my application this week. Disappointing to say the least. I likely wouldn't have attended this school based on how my cycle ended up, but the lack of communication following the interview was shocking. From being told we'd hear back in 6-10 weeks that ended up being 13 weeks, which wasn't even a clear decision, and then to not hear back at all since then is insane. I can't imagine if I had been counting on this school.
hopefulfuturedoctor09
New Member
Interviewed in November, deferred in March, and counting on this school :/Interviewed back in December, got deferred to the next committee meeting in March, and still haven't heard anything since. Ended up withdrawing my application this week. Disappointing to say the least. I likely wouldn't have attended this school based on how my cycle ended up, but the lack of communication following the interview was shocking. From being told we'd hear back in 6-10 weeks that ended up being 13 weeks, which wasn't even a clear decision, and then to not hear back at all since then is insane. I can't imagine if I had been counting on this school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
lol I got deferred after interview in October and haven’t heard anything since, also withdrawing
+1
ClackSlack43
New Member
Their website says they will let regular decision applicants know in April and consult the waitlist in May, has anyone even been put on a waitlist yet?
IndustrialDisease
Full Member
Hey guys is there an accepted students FB page or something similar?
premedboul
Full Member
Fully agree. This was my first interview (back in September), and I was so excited! Sent them a LOI too... then got deferred in November, and it's been silent since then 🙁Interviewed back in December, got deferred to the next committee meeting in March, and still haven't heard anything since. Ended up withdrawing my application this week. Disappointing to say the least. I likely wouldn't have attended this school based on how my cycle ended up, but the lack of communication following the interview was shocking. From being told we'd hear back in 6-10 weeks that ended up being 13 weeks, which wasn't even a clear decision, and then to not hear back at all since then is insane. I can't imagine if I had been counting on this school.
premedboul
Full Member
Is a waitlist different than getting a deferred decision?Their website says they will let regular decision applicants know in April and consult the waitlist in May, has anyone even been put on a waitlist yet?
ClackSlack43
New Member
From what I saw in previous years, Deferred decision/later interviews either got accepted or placed on alternate list so it is different. I don't think there is an actual alternate list yet.Is a waitlist different than getting a deferred decision?
"While waitlist offers are only contingent upon space remaining in the incoming class, deferred admission still allows you to be in the running before the admissions cycle is near its conclusion. A deferred applicant will be considered again before any reconsideration is provided to a waitlisted applicant. As such, being waitlisted at a school is worse than a deferral because the institution has decided not to admit you unless other applicants decline their admission offer and seats become available."Is a waitlist different than getting a deferred decision?
Source: Is it Better to be Waitlisted or Deferred?.
scorpionfish
Full Member
This is really helpful, thanks"While waitlist offers are only contingent upon space remaining in the incoming class, deferred admission still allows you to be in the running before the admissions cycle is near its conclusion. A deferred applicant will be considered again before any reconsideration is provided to a waitlisted applicant. As such, being waitlisted at a school is worse than a deferral because the institution has decided not to admit you unless other applicants decline their admission offer and seats become available."
Source: Is it Better to be Waitlisted or Deferred?.
In last years cycle it sounds like they did A, WL/AL, or Deferrals. Unfortunately I dont know if anyone on this cycle has even been waitlisted/alternate listed yet... It sounds like after interviews, it was either A or deferral? So if we're all in the deferral boat idek what that means right now.
Correct me if I am wrong?
premedboul
Full Member
i was literally thinking the same thing! i haven't seen anyone say they were WL/AL or rejected LOL idk if deferral is a soft rejection or likeee if there's actually hope lmaoThis is really helpful, thanks
In last years cycle it sounds like they did A, WL/AL, or Deferrals. Unfortunately I dont know if anyone on this cycle has even been waitlisted/alternate listed yet... It sounds like after interviews, it was either A or deferral? So if we're all in the deferral boat idek what that means right now.
Correct me if I am wrong?
2/19 interview here (10 weeks) and nothing from them.Anyone post interview still haven’t heard anything from this school not even deferred? Because that’s the boat I’m in and I thought they had to give us a decision by yesterday’s deadline.
Yesterday's deadline was for us as applocants to reduce our current acceptances down to one school. Today (May 1st), schools will have access to our selection and see which applicants they've accepted are actually going to their school.
Expect movement within this/next week because now they've got a clearer picture of how many spots they still need to fill.
stinkygoose00
Full Member
OOS A just now! interviewed 2/23
risingsunandmoon
Full Member
Alternate list just now…..
premedboul
Full Member
alternate list too... is there any hope lol... wondering if ppl actually get off 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interviewed october, deferred in january, alternate list now.. Geisinger has good movement w this list tho. Dont lose hope yall
risingsunandmoon
Full Member
Feeling dishearted as well, I wonder why they waited so long to just AL :/
ehischimmia1111
Full Member
interviewed jan, deferred march, alternate list just now, i will be declining!!
tuesdaypidgeon
New Member
Interviewed late February --> alternate list just now. Very happy to say that I will be declining. I was not impressed by this school in the slightest.
ehischimmia1111
Full Member
i just don’t understand why their process takes so long… im very lucky to have another option but if i was relying on geisinger it would be so stressful waiting to hear back for weeks
Interviewed late feb, AL today… 🙁 curious if anyone receives rejections?
ClackSlack43
New Member
AL :/ how do they contact us? I don't remember giving them my phone number LOL
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Alternate list today. Withdrawing.
Also AL. Based on last year's thread, it looks like people were placed on AL as early as April and were admitted. Did we just get notified a lot later? Trying to figure out what a trend from AL to A looks like
Based off MSAR, the movement off the AL is horrible..interviewed october, deferred in january, alternate list now.. Geisinger has good movement w this list tho. Dont lose hope yall
scorpionfish
Full Member
Has anyone else been accepted from waitlist or alternate list? Anyone think there will be any more movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
studentmango
New Member
anon234567
New Member
OOS A from AL!
alienpsych
New Member
IS A on June 10th. Really can’t believe it. Interviewed back on 9/11.
Congrats. Mind sharing stats and whether or not you sent a LOI? Kinda in the same boat as you as I interviewed a long time ago.IS A on June 10th. Really can’t believe it. Interviewed back on 9/11.