2023-2024 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received today around 5pm CST
Did not take PREview or Casper

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
For the group interview, is it with other prospective students? What is the format? Do they still ask the normal interview questions and then allow each student to answer or is it more so a discussion on a topic? How many Interviewers are there? And what is the best way to prepare for this portion? I was struggling to find answers to these questions on the interview thread for this school.

For the group interview, is it with other prospective students? What is the format? Do they still ask the normal interview questions and then allow each student to answer or is it more so a discussion on a topic? How many Interviewers are there? And what is the best way to prepare for this portion? I was struggling to find answers to these questions on the interview thread for this school.
Check the previous year threads

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s a group Q&A

Reactions: 1 users
II OOS complete 8/1! Is there a timeframe we have to complete Kira after receiving it? Is it something we can schedule?

II OOS complete 8/1! Is there a timeframe we have to complete Kira after receiving it? Is it something we can schedule?
1 week from the day you receive the Kira invite! You can complete it at anytime. You’ll have to schedule a group q&a “interview” afterwards.

Is anyone willing to giving me feedback for my essay please?

Application was complete 7/6 and still haven't heard back ... do we think this is a silent R? Anyone in the same boat??

Reactions: 1 user
Application was complete 7/6 and still haven't heard back ... do we think this is a silent R? Anyone in the same boat??

In the same boat. I think it’s a long cycle that is just getting started. I think a lot of the high stat applicants will start declining their interviews over the next few months and then I’ll maybe have a shot lol.

Reactions: 2 users
DMU was interviewing into June last cycle, y’all need to chill a little bit.

The cycle is long and terrible for everyone. The best thing you guys can do is keep yourself busy. You’ve “controlled the controllables” as one of my old HS coaches used to say. Let the rest play out 🤟🏻 Good luck to you all, hopefully I see some of you during the group interviews!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Attending the group interview session tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Did you guys get any updates in between submitting primary and the interview invites? I heard nothing and my portal says complete but there's no date for some of my received LORs. I feel they forgot about me...

Kira Assessment was fine.

Pro-Tip: Don't down a big cold brew right before the videos. You will be trying not to crap your pants the entire interview. Other than that, y'all will be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone provide more insights on the group Q & A? Are there really no questions asked of the students? Is this just an opportunity for us to ask questions?

Can anyone provide more insights on the group Q & A? Are there really no questions asked of the students? Is this just an opportunity for us to ask questions?
Correct! There really wasn’t much opportunity to ask faculty either and we only had about 30 minutes to ask students questions

So is the zoom session just a Q & A with faculty and current students, or should I expect to answer interview-style questions?

Did Kira assessment on Saturday, just got email for Group session - they had dates in late September and early october

Accepted just now. Was a part of the 08/24 group. Looks like it’s about 10 days post group session. Good luck to the rest of y’all, I hope y’all will crush it! This is my second go around and I’ve previously studied for the MCAT 3 times. So don’t give up, don’t ever give up.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted just now. Was a part of the 08/24 group. Looks like it’s about 10 days post group session. Good luck to the rest of y’all, I hope y’all will crush it! This is my second go around and I’ve previously studied for the MCAT 3 times. So don’t give up, don’t ever give up.
Congrats!! I’m so happy for you! That perseverance is incredible.

Hell yeah! You earned it!

Did anyone else just receive the survey to designate continued interest in DMU? Otherwise, I haven't heard anything.

completed 7/17, should I be worried that I haven't heard anything? LM 70, OOS

For the group zoom, did they have you introduce yourself? Did you have to answer any questions?

I received this too. Anyone know if this means anything?
Current DMU student.

It's exactly what it says, it's assessing your interest. This may become relevant later in the cycle when DMU is looking who to interview as the cycle closes. I literally received like, 2? Maybe 3? Of these before they interviewed me.

8/24 Group Session
09/05 Accepted

Thought I bombed the recorded interview as soon as I got out of it and was almost certain I would be waitlisted or rejected because of it but it turned out fine! Don't stress too much about the recordings and just be yourself.

The group Q&A is exactly that-a Q&A. I showed up 5 minutes late because of technical difficulties and didn't ask a single question while I was there so you don't have to ask any questions if you don't have any. However, I do believe they make note of whether or not you were there because I received an email saying that I missed the group session. I just replied to the email and let them know that I was a bit late because of technical difficulties and received an email saying my interview process was complete the following day.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
accepted. Group session 08/31

Last edited:
Is it bad if it takes more than 10 days for them to get back to you after the final interview? Was part of the 8/31 group.

Is it bad if it takes more than 10 days for them to get back to you after the final interview? Was part of the 8/31 group.
You’re fine, it’s early. The fact you interviewed early means you’ve got a good shot. Try to be patient.

I still haven't heard back either. Definitely a little stressful but we've done our part!