You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Any ideas when deferrals are going to start hearing information based on last cycle? Checked the thread but couldn't really tell
I’d say starting May probably more movement will happen
Withdrew my A here. I hope it goes to one of you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
one_masterpiece
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R, complete in July
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
Interesting to see a lot of acceptance withdrawal posts here. Maybe its just anecdotal, but i dont see as many withdrawals in other school threads.
DocImaynalla
Full Member
Interesting to see a lot of acceptance withdrawal posts here. Maybe its just anecdotal, but i dont see as many withdrawals in other school threads.
The class here is significantly larger than most other schools (300 spots), maybe the reason why there is more movement here?
The class here is significantly larger than most other schools (300 spots), maybe the reason why there is more movement here?
I definitely think it’s this.
I don’t have anything against Drexel. I just got into schools that I prefer more and Drexel did ask for a lot of money just for tuition so it didn’t make sense from multiple aspects. I think this school accepts well over 500 students to fill their class of 300 whereas most other schools accept less
i agree drexel sends out close to 800ish As for a class size of 300 so inevitably there will be lots of movement. Also, for a lot of people that withdraw, it's usually not their top choice, so it makes sense why we also see a lot of posts here compared to some others.The class here is significantly larger than most other schools (300 spots), maybe the reason why there is more movement here?
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Any decisions lately
patrick_mahomes
Full Member
I’m week of Jan 31 and still patiently waiting
medhealthy
Full Member
How have they not accepted you yet? You’re freaking Patrick Mahomes!I’m week of Jan 31 and still patiently waiting
(My anxiety is devolving into cringe, I’m sorry y’all)
patrick_mahomes
Full Member
How have they not accepted you yet? You’re freaking Patrick Mahomes!
(My anxiety is devolving into cringe, I’m sorry y’all)
Yeah I’m doing a career change my current job is super lame please don’t leak this information to the media.
ACKjp
Full Member
Future ortho broYeah I’m doing a career change my current job is super lame please don’t leak this information to the media.
patrick_mahomes
Full Member
Future ortho bro
Do you think being an nfl QB is an X factor be honest
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
dang was thinking today was the day based off of last years thread february interviewees would hear back
doctorsoonhopefully
New Member
I think they meet Thursdays and usually release decisions on Friday, so hoping we hear tomorrowHave any late Jan heard back recently? Ik a round of decisions came out Monday, haven’t heard any since then. Feeling like there should be some more movement through the rest of the week 🤞🏽
just from looking back at last years forum and whats been seen so far this year, it looks like very few deferrals have been accepted as of yetHas anyone gotten accepted off the deferral list recently?
novel_yellow
Full Member
Does Drexel have scholarships / scholarship apps? The financial aid summary is insane, they basically said take out $106k+ in loans for COA annually and I know I qualify for need based aid. Will likely be withdrawing.
Nope unless u do private scholarships :/
I didn’t get any scholarship/aid here (only school I was accepted at not to do so), and pretty much withdrew immediatelyDoes Drexel have scholarships / scholarship apps? The financial aid summary is insane, they basically said take out $106k+ in loans for COA annually and I know I qualify for need based aid. Will likely be withdrawing.
patrick_mahomes
Full Member
Did anyone hear anything today?
lilililili
New Member
OOS A on Wednesday 4/17, interviewed in late January
Should we expect early feb answers this week/next week then?
I say this week. They better lolShould we expect early feb answers this week/next week then?
doctorsoonhopefully
New Member
I interviewed 1/31 and still have not heard anything. Praying I'll hear this week 🙃
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
nothing today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seriously 😭 interviewed 2/8 this is my last decision!I say this week. They better lol
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Interviewed 3/22 [emoji88]will probably have my secondary in by the time I get a decision
patrick_mahomes
Full Member
I really hope there are even spots left for As in the class
Doctordrizzle
Full Member
In my 3/20 interview they said we would here back end of April. Not sure how truthful that was but I feel like they should let us all know by May 1st at the latest...
Interesting… in my 3/29 interview they said it would be 8-10 weeks before we got a decision (so like end of May) and that we def would not hear by April 30th
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
Was told end of April in my 3/22 interview. Probably just different hosts
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
accepted! interviewed 2/9
doctorsoonhopefully
New Member
Accepted!!!!! Interviewed 1/31
Congrats to all the February acceptances thus far! How many interview days did they have in February? I interviewed the first slot in March so I'm a bit curious.
gymllove123
Full Member
For anyone that withdrew, did your deposit automatically get refunded back to your original payment, or did you have to ask for it?
patrick_mahomes
Full Member
Oof interviewed on 1/31 and haven’t heard anything. Does this typically mean deferral/WL/R?
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
Did anyones CYMS that just got accepted not update yet?
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
also how do we initiate the background check?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
finessinoganesson
Full Member
I don’t think so. It took em 16 weeks to give me a decision (I was accepted) and like pretty much everyone from my interview date and a lot of people who interviewed after I did got decisions before me. It definitely sucks but don’t lose hope!Oof interviewed on 1/31 and haven’t heard anything. Does this typically mean deferral/WL/R?
finessinoganesson
Full Member
It will show up in your email in a few days! I think mine took like a week?also how do we initiate the background check?
patrick_mahomes
Full Member
I don’t think so. It took em 16 weeks to give me a decision (I was accepted) and like pretty much everyone from my interview date and a lot of people who interviewed after I did got decisions before me. It definitely sucks but don’t lose hope!
Thank you very very much!!!
people from January and even early feb have not heard back yet so I would wait for nowAny 2/19 or mid february interviews hear back yet?
medhopeful100
Full Member
Interviews are done here right??? Why am I still on pre-II hold 🙁