2023-2024 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congratulations!! Do you know if they go in order?
thank you! honestly have no clue. I sent in most of my secondaries in mid/late august. I don't really think they go in order tbh since they can screen however they want

Members don't see this ad.

For those who are re-applicants, did admissions wait until the absolute last minute to send out R's or did they tell you within a reasonable timeframe?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are re-applicants, did admissions wait until the absolute last minute to send out R's or did they tell you within a reasonable timeframe?

They usually put a lot of people on hold pretty early on. But I never got a hold and got my R in mid May, when I had already started my next primary.

getting ghosted after interviewing at a school is wild

Reactions: 1 users
Hii is anyone here who has heard back ED? I applied ED and was complete 08/02 but haven't heard back anything yet, not even a hold...

I'm an M3 at Cooper (which I love so far), but was also accepted at Drexel. Just wanted to let you guys know my timeline. I was complete at Drexel mid-August 2020 (relatively early on that year bc everything was a few weeks delayed due to covid), never put on hold, received an interview invite (II) mid-February 2021, interviewed in early March 2021, and got the A in mid-May 2021. So there's hope if you're complete, but don't get an II for months (even 6 months)! Drexel seemed to be a little random.

Also, consider applying to Cooper too, even if you’re out of state (it’s in NJ), particularly if you have a strong service background (I was a super strong mission fit)! I know you might be thinking it's too late, but it's really not if you're a good fit. I was OOS with mid to lower range stats and I added Cooper super late in October, and I’m so happy I ended up choosing it. I live in Philly (Center City, along with many of my classmates) and I have a 10 min train to Cooper. And it’s a smaller class size with more individualized attention/mentorship and early patient interaction (all M1-M3 students are required to work at free community clinic). They truly take a holistic look at each student, so it's not too late to apply!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an M3 at Cooper (which I love so far), but was also accepted at Drexel. Just wanted to let you guys know my timeline. I was complete at Drexel mid-August 2020 (relatively early on that year bc everything was a few weeks delayed due to covid), never put on hold, received an interview invite (II) mid-February 2021, interviewed in early March 2021, and got the A in mid-May 2021. So there's hope if you're complete, but don't get an II for months (even 6 months)! Drexel seemed to be a little random.

Also, consider applying to Cooper too, even if you’re out of state (it’s in NJ), particularly if you have a strong service background (I was a super strong mission fit)! I know you might be thinking it's too late, but it's really not if you're a good fit. I was OOS with mid to lower range stats and I added Cooper super late in October, and I’m so happy I ended up choosing it. I live in Philly (Center City, along with many of my classmates) and I have a 10 min train to Cooper. And it’s a smaller class size with more individualized attention/mentorship and early patient interaction (all M1-M3 students are required to work at free community clinic). They truly take a holistic look at each student, so it's not too late to apply!
i just applied to cooper bc of u lol

Your timeline is truly so reassuring! Thank you for sharing.

Had an interview today and it was p chill. Most of the staff were for the Reading program and they had a lot of good things to say about it. They really hyped up the program and seemed genuine about it.

Faculty interview was “open file” but felt more similar to a closed file. Didn’t mention anything on my primary/secondary and asked a set of questions which they said was standardized. There were general questions and some I felt were harder to answer.

Student interview was super chill, you’re in a small group with 1 med students (I had 3 interviewers in mine) and you each answer some questions then have some time to ask q’s as well.

Between the 2 interviews and the sessions in between, lots of time to ask questions.

Btw, they said last year they accepted 871 students out of 1458 interviews, so there is good reason to be optimistic for those who are interviewing soon. 300 students enroll with 40 at reading and 260 at Philly.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I dont wanna be a jerk because you're all very nice but I'm a re-applicant. Last year I applied in August, never got ahold and was rejected at the very end. I tried to hold onto hope like a dummy so if its December and we haven't heard anything, then its probably a rejection. Nothing to worry about yet tho.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I dont wanna be a jerk because you're all very nice but I'm a re-applicant. Last year I applied in August, never got ahold and was rejected at the very end. I tried to hold onto hope like a dummy so if its December and we haven't heard anything, then its probably a rejection. Nothing to worry about yet tho.
do you mind sharing your stats from last year? mcat/gpa?

do you mind sharing your stats from last year? mcat/gpa?
Only if you say something super fake first like “omg I’m so sorry to hear that-you’ll def be admitted this time!”

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 11 users
IS II, LM 75 complete Aug 10th :)

Reactions: 6 users
Placed on hold just now, completed 7/22. Is a hold basically a soft R?
Nah, every year there are people who are placed on hold, eventually invited to interview and ultimately matriculate.

If they wanted to outright reject you they would have no problem doing so. I know it can suck to be in a limbo zone, but that's essentially where your app is at the moment so really depends on how the rest of the application season goes as a whole.

Good luck, and feel free to update Drexel down the line if you're doing anything this year noteworthy of an update and to show continued interest.

It’s a soft R. The few people who get an II afterwards are the exceptions.
I mean, I know plenty of people in my current class who were put on hold lol. Does everyone go from hold to II? No, of course not, but no one implied that.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily the most favorable position as it means your application is essentially on the back burner but it's certainly not an outright rejection either.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I mean, I know plenty of people in my current class who were put on hold lol. Does everyone go from hold to II? No, of course not, but no one implied that.
So if someone is not on hold and completed back in very early July, is there any hope for an interview invite at this point?

So if someone is not on hold and completed back in very early July, is there any hope for an interview invite at this point?
I don’t think anyone knows. As long as you haven’t been rejected you still have a chance for an interview!

also wondering about this

Yeah for sure, this is still very early on in the II season. Peak season, if I recall, is usually throughout this month, more in first half of November, a smaller pre-winter break wave, and a trickle until the end of the interview season.

To give additional perspective, my year interviews went virtual in March and I know a large chunk of students who interviewed virtually in my class.

I get that people are trying to be hopeful here but false hope really freaking sucks. You know people you were put on hold and got an A eventually. That’s great. But you probably don’t know the hundreds others who got the R eventually because they aren’t there.

Drexel gets thousands of apps. A hold here, just like a hold at other low yield schools like Georgetown, Rosalind and whatever else, is more likely than not, a R. The people who get an II are the exception, not the rule. Last year
I was an idiot, convincing myself I’d be the exception but guess what? Most people aren’t. i know I’m coming off as rude but giving false hope even with the kindest of intentions, really sucks when reality kicks you in the butt.

Reactions: 9 users
I get that people are trying to be hopeful here but false hope really freaking sucks. You know people you were put on hold and got an A eventually. That’s great. But you probably don’t know the hundreds others who got the R eventually because they aren’t there.

Drexel gets thousands of apps. A hold here, just like a hold at other low yield schools like Georgetown, Rosalind and whatever else, is more likely than not, a R. The people who get an II are the exception, not the rule. Last year
I was an idiot, convincing myself I’d be the exception but guess what? Most people aren’t. i know I’m coming off as rude but giving false hope even with the kindest of intentions, really sucks when reality kicks you in the butt.
This is what I'm saying though. I ain't trying to give false hope, I'm dismissing the myth that a hold is an automatic rejection. I stated clearly that a hold is not a favorable position, it means you're on the back burner.

Of course it's the exception not the rule, just getting an II is the exception, not the rule either.

Last edited:
I guess we all just Schrödinger's cat till we hear directly

Reactions: 2 users
Do the holds come via email? Complete mid July and no communications since.