You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Georgetown
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1184058
Hi everyone, I interviewed on 08/23 and was placed on WL on 10/17, submitted letter of interest on 10/18, should I continue waiting or submit another letter?
I say shoot for another letter -- it might seem redundant but I hear that they love it. My friend submitted 6 different LOInterests and updates after being placed on the WL in November and ultimately got in so it matters!Hi everyone, I interviewed on 08/23 and was placed on WL on 10/17, submitted letter of interest on 10/18, should I continue waiting or submit another letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
per the email I got, the in person date is April 8 and virtual is April 114/3 is the in-person day, 4/13 is the virtual
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
yeah somehow i had my dates wrong back thenper the email I got, the in person date is April 8 and virtual is April 11View attachment 382190
anyone who interviewed first week of december hear back yet?
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
has anyone waitlisted this cycle gotten off the waitlist already ?
ok-patient
Full Member
I still see the edit button too and didn't get any confirmation that it went through besides the page saying "Note: This page is completed." Did you get a confirmation email or anything? Also nervous it's not going through!After submitting an update, did you guys still see the 'edit' button? On the page, it says 'Please proofread prior to submission, as edits cannot be made once submitted.' but the edit button is still there for me so I'm nervous it didn't go through.
I didn't receive a confirmation email or anything -- I'm in the same boat as you, with the "This page is completed". Not sure what else we could have done though so I'm unsure.I still see the edit button too and didn't get any confirmation that it went through besides the page saying "Note: This page is completed." Did you get a confirmation email or anything? Also nervous it's not going through!
I just reached out to the admissions office through email and they let me know that they can see our updates!I still see the edit button too and didn't get any confirmation that it went through besides the page saying "Note: This page is completed." Did you get a confirmation email or anything? Also nervous it's not going through!
aspiringmed574
New Member
I can't seem to get return lines to appear in the waitlist updates text box. I see them as I'm editing my text, but they disappear when I submit the entry. Any solutions?
Unfortunately not 🙁, they wont care thoI can't seem to get return lines to appear in the waitlist updates text box. I see them as I'm editing my text, but they disappear when I submit the entry. Any solutions?
bunnyrabbit2022
Full Member
is it recommended to send in update letters while waiting to get results from an interview? Even if I don't have big updates, is it still useful to show my interest by sending an update?
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
I believe GTown is big on updates / letter of interests and appreciates them so I'd say go for itis it recommended to send in update letters while waiting to get results from an interview? Even if I don't have big updates, is it still useful to show my interest by sending an update?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
Just got the A off the waitlist! Post WL I sent an update letter and LOI. Definitely think it helped my chances. Wishing everyone the best of luck in this stressful process.
When were you waitlisted?
WL back in early October so it took some time to hear back for sureWhen were you waitlisted?
bunnyrabbit2022
Full Member
Anyone from early January interviews hear back yet?
D
deleted1175672
early December interview and still waiting :/Anyone from early January interviews hear back yet?
when did you interview?post-II R. Thought interview went well. Oh well.
Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Georgetown!
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
- Does Georgetown have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Georgetown?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
- Does Georgetown have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Georgetown?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
Is it safe to say that expect only R's or WL from this point on?
Congratulations! Did you get the A by email or phone call?OOS A; Interviewed 11/8
How long was the call? Is it always a call or could it be email?OOS A!! Interviewed 10/23 and just got the call from Dr. Dugan!!!
A! Just got the call, this week has been a rollercoaster
greenleaf31
New Member
congrats! did y'all who just got As submit updates in between the time of interview and being accepted?
Got the call today too!Is it safe to say that expect only R's or WL from this point on?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nsdocspine
New Member
OOS A!
I think everything this year is delayed due to FAFSA not releasing to schools until sometime this month, so who knows when actual award letters will be sent.anyone know how georgetown is w merit based aid? also when do they usually come out?
BaileyBoo20
Full Member
From my understanding, they only really give need-based aid. Could be wrong tho!anyone know how georgetown is w merit based aid? also when do they usually come out?
cheetah115
Full Member
Ik it's super late to be responding to this, but AAMC has this document for public access to see waitlist data! https://students-residents.aamc.org/system/files/2023-11/MSAR_Waitlist_Procedures_11.29.23.pdfHey folks, my MSAR subscription recently ran out and I kinda don't want to pay $30 just to find out one little thing I'm curious about. Would someone who has an active MSAR subscription be willing to tell me what Georgetown's waitlist info looks like? I.e how many people get put on the waitlist and how many people Gtown accepts off the waitlist? Thanks!!
bunnyrabbit2022
Full Member
hi! did anyone else's formatting get messed up when submitting a waitlist letter (paragraph breaks etc)? does anyone know how to get around it?
HopefullySomewhere
Full Member
Yes. It is normal. Nothing you can do about it.hi! did anyone else's formatting get messed up when submitting a waitlist letter (paragraph breaks etc)? does anyone know how to get around it?
When did you send your letter? Do you think it matters how long you wait to send oneI got the call guys!! Miracles happen, I'm off the waitlist! I interviewed in early November and WL in January. I sent a letter of interest after the WL
goldfish99
New Member
A off waitlist
gentlemelody
New Member
Got the call for A earlier, my dream school! Interview in early January.
Congratulations!!!!! 🥳🥳 When did you interview and did you send a letter?A off waitlist
Did you get off the waitlist or direct A?Got the call for A earlier, my dream school! Interview in early January.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gentlemelody
New Member
It was direct A.Did you get off the waitlist or direct A?
I'm not sure if it matters how long you wait. I submitted mine early February once I had a something meaningful to writeWhen did you send your letter? Do you think it matters how long you wait to send one
Is it through email or call?OOS A!