2023-2024 Howard

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email saying my CTE was received but i never got an interview lol wtf
same here, meaning you CTE to another school, and they withdrew your app from their pool. Atleast that was my understanding from that email. Also when I asked admissions in April, they said if you still haven't heard anything, your app was still under consideration.
 
same here, meaning you CTE to another school, and they withdrew your app from their pool. Atleast that was my understanding from that email. Also when I asked admissions in April, they said if you still haven't heard anything, your app was still under consideration.

They needa stop lyin lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it just me, or are people who are WL at HUCM worried that there won't be as many people coming off the WL this year compared to previous years? According to MSAR, HUCM accepts 120 people out of 125-150 people from the WL, and in previous years, a lot of movement occurred during early May. After looking at the FB group, there are 116 members at the moment, with +7 members this week.

Is this truly because a lot of people are holding their WL offers due to FASFA delays, meaning that there would be major movement in early June? Or is it that this year is an outlier compared to previous years? As you can tell, this is getting stressful for those on the WL without any other acceptances.
 
Is it just me, or are people who are WL at HUCM worried that there won't be as many people coming off the WL this year compared to previous years? According to MSAR, HUCM accepts 120 people out of 125-150 people from the WL, and in previous years, a lot of movement occurred during early May. After looking at the FB group, there are 116 members at the moment, with +7 members this week.

Is this truly because a lot of people are holding their WL offers due to FASFA delays, meaning that there would be major movement in early June? Or is it that this year is an outlier compared to previous years? As you can tell, this is getting stressful for those on the WL without any other acceptances.
yea i don’t wanna be an alarmist but i’m not feeling good about it, even if they told us we’d get off
 
Is it just me, or are people who are WL at HUCM worried that there won't be as many people coming off the WL this year compared to previous years? According to MSAR, HUCM accepts 120 people out of 125-150 people from the WL, and in previous years, a lot of movement occurred during early May. After looking at the FB group, there are 116 members at the moment, with +7 members this week.

Is this truly because a lot of people are holding their WL offers due to FASFA delays, meaning that there would be major movement in early June? Or is it that this year is an outlier compared to previous years? As you can tell, this is getting stressful for those on the WL without any other acceptances.
In addition to fafsa delays I'm anticipating that WL movement is going to be slower because affirmative action was struck down and less URM applicants are getting in elsewhere.
 
has anyone tried calling again to ask?? there should have been a lot of movement by now i feel if they were gonna have as much movement as they were expecting
 
I was able to get in contact with Celia earlier this week. She said that they had not started the process of moving people off of the waitlist yet.
did she give any idea of when they would start… this is irritating because like if i need to reapply i need to start soon but i don’t want to waste thousands of dollars in case i do get in to any of my waitlisted schools
 
did she give any idea of when they would start… this is irritating because like if i need to reapply i need to start soon but i don’t want to waste thousands of dollars in case i do get in to any of my waitlisted schools
I definitely understand as I’m in a similar situation. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to give me a date or time frame.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.49, 511 MCAT (127/127/126/131), Howard undergrad alum. 5 gap years so lots of clinical hours doing medical assisting.
P/S is clutch

Trail Blazers Sport GIF by ESPN
 
Yeah… people were saying we were more likely to get off the waitlist than not…. Should I be worried at this point? 😭
 
We desperately need a timeline, if anyone is in the A group chat could give us any info. Are some people in the group still deciding? Have y’all gotten your financial aid packages? Is it true that the CME deadline was officially extended to end of May? Is there any useful context we might be missing, please kindly let us know, thank you!

Keeping expectations pretty realistic atp but it’d be nice to somewhat prepare for where I’ll have to move in 2 months
 
Yeah… people were saying we were more likely to get off the waitlist than not…. Should I be worried at this point? 😭
i know that the waitlist is ranked i just wish that they would tell us our rankings.. like that would really be helpful if i need to reapply to know where i stand
 
I wonder if they could tell us how many CTE vs. PTE students are accepted and how many are on the waitlist. This could give us an idea of how many are still waiting on FA packages to make a decision. They won't tell us our rank because it's confidential, but I agree that I would like to have a better idea of if I should spend a lot of money on re-applying or sit tight if there's a good chance that we will be admitted.

Edit: I will try to call in the morning. If I am unable to reach them, I will send an email.

Edit 2: I left a message on Ms. Celia's desk inquiring about 2nd look and above. Did not hear back. I saw that others on SDN have been told that they're opening up interviews again, so this sounds like AMAZING news to all those on the WL!
 
Last edited:
I wonder if they could tell us how many CTE vs. PTE students are accepted and how many are on the waitlist. This could give us an idea of how many are still waiting on FA packages to make a decision. They won't tell us our rank because it's confidential, but I agree that I would like to have a better idea of if I should spend a lot of money on re-applying or sit tight if there's a good chance that we will be admitted.

Edit: I will try to call in the morning. If I am unable to reach them, I will send an email.
I remember from my interview day that they said they bring people from the WL based on the similarity to the person that withdrew their acceptance in order to keep the class diversity (which implies there is no WL ranking). Are you sure the WL is ranked?
 
I remember from my interview day that they said they bring people from the WL based on the similarity to the person that withdrew their acceptance in order to keep the class diversity (which implies there is no WL ranking). Are you sure the WL is ranked?
I did remember that as well. It definitely is ranked, but I believe they choose a similar person that is at the top of the waitlist at the time. This makes the most sense. I wish you luck!
 
I remember from my interview day that they said they bring people from the WL based on the similarity to the person that withdrew their acceptance in order to keep the class diversity (which implies there is no WL ranking). Are you sure the WL is ranked?

You are right about the first part but it is also ranked. Both can be true, they did say in my interview that it’s ranked. I think they mention it it’s in the WL email too. But also, I definitely think it’s ranked by stats mainly
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad