2023-2024 Howard

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The timeline for interviews with Howard seems pretty consistent with last year's:
In 2022 the first interview invitations went out August 26, and this year on August 23.
In the past they have kept on interviewing through the end of April and last year acceptances from the WL continued through June.

So, though it's hard to wait, not hearing back after completing your application at this point is really what most of you will be experiencing.
 
Anyone know if a 500 mcat, 3.5 gpa, completed app in mid-september has a decent chance? Assuming ECs and essays are above-average
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if a 500 mcat, 3.5 gpa, completed app in mid-september has a decent chance? Assuming ECs and essays are above-average
Most def, I got an interview invite 9/15 with a GPA 3.63 and MCAT of 501, completed app reviewed September 7. Howard is very devoted to their mission of advocated for underserved populations, so as long as your app shows your commitment to that, you have a shot even with lower stats if meet the minimum criteria. Keep your head up and just enjoy other things outside of applications, otherwise you'll lose your mind waiting lolll, all the best!
 
Most def, I got an interview invite 9/15 with a GPA 3.63 and MCAT of 501, completed app reviewed September 7. Howard is very devoted to their mission of advocated for underserved populations, so as long as your app shows your commitment to that, you have a shot even with lower stats if meet the minimum criteria. Keep your head up and just enjoy other things outside of applications, otherwise you'll lose your mind waiting lolll, all the best!
congrats thats huge!! if you dont mind me asking when were you complete
 
congrats thats huge!! if you dont mind me asking when were you complete
Thank you! Took the MCAT in August so app wasn't complete until 8/24. I did submit my primary and secondary apps pretty early and my application was "pre-reviewed" prior to my MCAT scores coming in. May have helped me getting a response faster but not entirely sure.
 
its long --takes up a good chunk of your day but its worth it and filled with tons of great inside info .
Serious q would u recommend taking a day off from work to attend it? I really want to go to it but not sure if it's soemthing that I need most of the day for.
 
Serious q would u recommend taking a day off from work to attend it? I really want to go to it but not sure if it's soemthing that I need most of the day for.
It usually ends around 2:30ish, so 2.5 hours long. If your only means of attending is by taking off, then I would consider it. But if you can get away for that amount of time, then no.
 
How long did it take for Howard to send out their secondary? I believe I added it to my amcas about 4 days ago and 2 days ago I received an email from them saying "AMCAS Primary Application Received-Verified" but no secondary yet...
 
It usually ends around 2:30ish, so 2.5 hours long. If your only means of attending is by taking off, then I would consider it. But if you can get away for that amount of time, then no.
How many people attended the zoom? Was it a big group or nah?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the "app is reviewed" email on sep 14th, submitted 8/1, still no II. Do most students who received that email end up getting interviews?
 
Got the "app is reviewed" email on sep 14th, submitted 8/1, still no II. Do most students who received that email end up getting interviews?
I don't think you can assume that "most" students who are complete will get an interview, here or at any med school.
However it might help to know that Howard has not interviewed many so far and usually continues interviews well into spring.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad