2023-2024 Meharry

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey yall. i was an admitted student last year and due to family issues decided to defer. however, they sent this email out a couple of times last year as exactly what it says, a gentle reminder. a lot of their system is automated so sometimes, emails don't get sent as they are supposed to when applicants are being screened. i know at this time last year, they had sent a lot of rejections already. so if you received that reminder, you're in a ok place. in talking with admissions about my process, I do know that the class is about halfway full. i check this thread periodically so please feel free to ask any questions since my cycle was just a year ago 🙂 happy holidays.
 
hey yall. i was an admitted student last year and due to family issues decided to defer. however, they sent this email out a couple of times last year as exactly what it says, a gentle reminder. a lot of their system is automated so sometimes, emails don't get sent as they are supposed to when applicants are being screened. i know at this time last year, they had sent a lot of rejections already. so if you received that reminder, you're in a ok place. in talking with admissions about my process, I do know that the class is about halfway full. i check this thread periodically so please feel free to ask any questions since my cycle was just a year ago 🙂 happy holidays.
I saw in last year's thread that they accepted update letters and hosted Meharry 101 events . Do you have any idea why they changed that for this cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Admissions told me they don't accept update letters :/ I asked them about a month ago
Sorry if what I said was confusing. I'm saying that in the thread from last cycle they did accept them but this year they aren't. Same with the Meharry 101 events they posted a link to register and then they cancelled all of them.
 
I saw in last year's thread that they accepted update letters and hosted Meharry 101 events . Do you have any idea why they changed that for this cycle?
I am not 100% sure but in briefly talking to Ms. Dixon they have a lot more applicants this year than last year. so that may be why they arent accepting update letters. not sure about Meharry 101. but if yall have questions emailing her directly helped me a lot last year. her email is [email protected]
 
I applied to this school late (November 2nd I think) and just received my supplemental application today. How quick is their turn around generally for ii?
 
So I just randomly decided to do a search for Meharry in my inbox and turns out they emailed me 12/13/2023 to do an interview 12/16/2023. Definitely missed it! I just emailed back hopefully they let me reschedule some kind of way 🫠🫠🤞🏾
did it go to spam?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw mine late, submitted my supplemental 12/20 … hoping it’s not late but also worried since my mcat is 49X and someone above said they’re trying to keep it at 500 min this year [emoji24][emoji24] (ORM,OOS)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone in admission told me my application is under review but I haven't received that official email notice :-/
 
I finally received my secondary on Dec. 20 during that time they sent out that mass email. I turned it around a couple days after the 2 week period. you think it’ll have a negative affect on my application it being submitted so late in the cycle?
 
I finally received my secondary on Dec. 20 during that time they sent out that mass email. I turned it around a couple days after the 2 week period. you think it’ll have a negative affect on my application it being submitted so late in the cycle?
not sure since no one here has no idea where admissions are in the application cycle lol. but i think you should be fine
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad