2023-2024 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on 09/06 and receive my acceptance today! Can't believe it
When accepted the home page will update with the accepted student checklist.

Members don't see this ad.

How long after portal changes do they send an email? Anyone knows?
My page changed 9/1 and still no official email.
Edit: I just missed it 😅. I got it a couple weeks after the portal changed.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been placed on the 'alternate' list post interview? LM 71

Last edited:
That's at least a good news. I submitted 08/13 and it have not heard anything from them :( and I am in-state. This is my top choice too.
They said in the email, "Your application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result" so that's how I'm choosing to view it! It's not a no haha. Hope you hear something soon!

Reactions: 1 user
They said in the email, "Your application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result" so that's how I'm choosing to view it! It's not a no haha. Hope you hear something soon!
are you in-state or out of state?

anyone know how long post interview it takes to hear back? i see some people heard right away but im wondering if that's standard

anyone know how long post interview it takes to hear back? i see some people heard right away but im wondering if that's standard
They told my interviewing group that the admissions committee meets once a month and decides on everyone who had interviewed before that day then

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. i applied in late june and submitted my secondary soon after. Havn't heard a word back at all, LM 73.7, Canadian

I interviewed in person on 09/20, if they meet once a month, I'm hoping they'll let us know first week of October. U think that'll be the case?

I interviewed a few weeks ago. I thought it started at 8:45... idk. I woke up and checked my calendar at 7:41... realized my mistake. Made it on Zoom in full costume by 7:45. I was built for this.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed a few weeks ago. I thought it started at 8:45... idk. I woke up and checked my calendar at 7:41... realized my mistake. Made it on Zoom in full costume by 7:45. I was built for this.
How would you say the experience was?

Probably my least favorite interview thus far. Not conversational whatsoever. I was asked question after question and their response each time was "....thank you." The interview day seemed so unorganized IMO, the student panel was one student who was in her car and kept getting kicked out of the zoom because of Wifi connectivity issues it seemed? All of it combined just made a bad impression on me, didn't feel super welcoming either

Last edited:
oooof okay. Thanks for sharing. I was hoping this one would be better than my prev two but the "thank you" seems to be common at the schools i interviewed at, or maybe they all just hate my answers lol :rofl:

oooof okay. Thanks for sharing. I was hoping this one would be better than my prev two but the "thank you" seems to be common at the schools i interviewed at, or maybe they all just hate my answers lol :rofl:
I’m sure you’ve done great. I haven’t had that experience yet until this interview! It seemed forced and they wouldn’t really piggyback off of anything I said and if I tried to relate to/converse about something they mentioned, it was quickly shut down or the topic was changed. Weird vibes lol

My interview here went terribly also. They were challenging everything I said, like trying to trip me up. It was not comfortable which is a bummer, I liked the school

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
My interview here went terribly also. They were challenging everything I said, like trying to trip me up. It was not comfortable which is a bummer, I liked the school
So you didnt have the "thank you" experience then. Guess I'll have to wait to find out. sigh.
I’m sure you’ve done great. I haven’t had that experience yet until this interview! It seemed forced and they wouldn’t really piggyback off of anything I said and if I tried to relate to/converse about something they mentioned, it was quickly shut down or the topic was changed. Weird vibes lol
and thank you 😭 Im sorry you had that experience. I hope your other ones go better/are friendlier :)

1695831146702.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Wow I'm shocked at everyone's responses. TBH it wasn't stressful at all.. my interviewers were super nice and it went really well... Obvi can't say much but check SDN common interview questions.... there is one that you'll notice 1000xs. They aren't lying and be prepared lol.

Probably my least favorite interview thus far. Not conversational whatsoever. I was asked question after question and their response each time was "....thank you." The interview day seemed so unorganized IMO, the student panel was one student who was in her car and kept getting kicked out of the zoom because of Wifi connectivity issues it seemed? All of it combined just made a bad impression on me, didn't feel super welcoming either
yea student interview did not leave best impression...... also the singular question on everyone's minds just got dodged the entire time....

yea student interview did not leave best impression...... also the singular question on everyone's minds just got dodged the entire time....
What was the question they dodged, if you don't mind my asking?

Sorry, I'm a little nosey

Wow I'm shocked at everyone's responses. TBH it wasn't stressful at all.. my interviewers were super nice and it went really well... Obvi can't say much but check SDN common interview questions.... there is one that you'll notice 1000xs. They aren't lying and be prepared lol.
I agree. I thought everything was pretty relaxed and left a good, not great, impression

+1 OOS Accepted, interviewed today (9/27). Checked the portal and saw the updated accepted checklist. Interview was conversational and overall a great experience!

secondary submitted 7/11

Update (9/28): received the email this morning

Last edited:
I applied to 15 aacomas and 5 tmdsas.
But I couldn't do anymore during august because of finances :(
I feel that! But FYI if you do the AAMC fee assistance, some TMDSAS schools will consider it. I was not expecting them to but McGovern and UTMB did. For reference, I wrote down this school as costing $50 for the secondary. I'd say look at the school's website and see if you are really interested and if the $50 is worth it or not to YOU. Good luck :)

I agree. I thought everything was pretty relaxed and left a good, not great, impression
So I just had mine today and it was the best by far regarding my experience with the interviewers. super friendly and conversational. just asking questions to get to know me better. no interrogation whatsoever and they actually seemed interested in my responses.

So I just had mine today and it was the best by far regarding my experience with the interviewers. super friendly and conversational. just asking questions to get to know me better. no interrogation whatsoever and they actually seemed interested in my responses.
Glad to hear! Just got an A from them this morning. Sending well wishes your way!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Is this a group interview? Or a panel? I am seeing mixed feedback on the SDN Interview Feedback page about the group/individual and whether it is closed or open file.

Appreciate any clarification!! Thx yall :)!

Is this a group interview? Or a panel? I am seeing mixed feedback on the SDN Interview Feedback page about the group/individual and whether it is closed or open file.

Appreciate any clarification!! Thx yall :)!
Two interviewers (traditional?), the interview is more conversational, and about 30 minutes. I was told that it is closed with regards to MCAT/GPA

Have any accepted students received instructions on setting up a Midwestern email? Haven't gotten anything and got the A in September so was just wondering.

Anyone interviewed late September still waiting on a decision?

OOS II ! I was complete 9/3. I actually didn't receive an email or anything in my spam folder..! I just happened to check the portal and saw that I had an invite