2023-2024 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just did my virtual interview here 🥶🥶

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also just interviewed here. Were you planning on sending thank you notes to your interviewers? I can’t find an email address or anything for mine online.
Congrats, hope it went well! How long were they, and any tips for someone interviewing soon?

Also 20-25 minutes, which my interviewer told me was their goal length (which I really appreciated, as not to question if it was too short or too long / if that meant anything haha). My only advice is to try and be casual and conversational, there truly were no curveballs and both interviewers were incredibly friendly.

I also just interviewed here. Were you planning on sending thank you notes to your interviewers? I can’t find an email address or anything for mine online.
I sent thank you notes an hour after I finished my interviews. You gotta send it to alyssa

Reactions: 1 user
Idk if it helps but my friend got a II for md/phd to stony back in early August like the first week or something
damn if i haven't heard back yet should I be expecting an R at this point?

IS II recieved. stats in signature, complete jul 26! earliest interview date was october 12th when i got onto the portal

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/26, earliest interview date was Oct 2nd.

damn if i haven't heard back yet should I be expecting an R at this point?
Not sure, u could always receive one later! I just know from what he told me that he got one first week of August but that they choose the interview date for u and his was set for end of October

Interviewed today, great experience. Super conversational, very welcoming student and faculty! Typical questions asked.

Any August instate submitters get II yet? Just trying to get an idea of where they are up to right now. LM 71, NYC applicant

Nice!! Stats? Hopefully I get something soon no state school interviews on my end so far...
Good luck!! I wasn't expecting tbh because they seem more research oriented but I didn't have as much research backing. So, who knows anything can happen.

LM 71 Casper Q3

Good luck!! I wasn't expecting tbh because they seem more research oriented but I didn't have as much research backing. So, who knows anything can happen.

LM 71 Casper Q3
Same LM and Casper! I am also not as research oriented but very local to the school so that gives hope but I was complete in September. This gives hope though!

Does anyone know how important Casper is to Stony Brook? I am IS and have competitive stats but did not do well on Casper lol

Does anyone know how important Casper is to Stony Brook? I am IS and have competitive stats but did not do well on Casper lol
1st Q here, got an II. I guess Its just one part of your whole app.

I got 2nd quartile and got an II the first day they sent them out so I don't think they're very important

T-10 days for all the september interviewees 🥶😳

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know what the interview day format is? is it just 1 on 1 interviews or are there additional things like info sessions and chats with current students? also, how long did the interview day last (i have work that day and i'm trying to figure out how long i need to call out). Thanks!

does anyone know what the interview day format is? is it just 1 on 1 interviews or are there additional things like info sessions and chats with current students? also, how long did the interview day last (i have work that day and i'm trying to figure out how long i need to call out). Thanks!
I have mine this week. They send out an email the week before. You get assigned two times that day: one for faculty and one for student. They could be close together or relatively far apart. There is a regular info session on Wed/Thurs that is optional and recurrs weekly.

T-10 days for all the september interviewees 🥶😳
Do we know if they typically send A's on the first day? I know we were told 6-8 weeks, but do they typically group September interviewees together when releasing decisions?

Do we know if they typically send A's on the first day? I know we were told 6-8 weeks, but do they typically group September interviewees together when releasing decisions?
Yeah they do I think

Based on this thread, I see the last II was received on 9/26. Anyone receive any IIs in October?

Silence for everyone still?
Edit: I apologize for scaring people if they thought this was a decision post.

Yo anyone at all hear back yesterday or today? It's just been radio silence for me so far and the assistant dean said they would start releasing the 16th.

Don’t quote me on this but looking at last year’s thread acceptances might be sent out later today between 5-6pm EST

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone hear back yet for an MD/PhD II? (complete date pleaseee & LM)

Anyone hear back yet for an MD/PhD II? (complete date pleaseee & LM)
My friend got II first week of august, he was complete mid July, I think he's LM 72 or 73 idk

Last edited:
Congrats!! I just almost had a heart attack at work thinking it was an A hahahah.
I wonder why they're taking so long this year 😭😭 literally every year before this yr they started releasing by Tuesday at the latest

• Care