You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
oatmilkplease
Full Member
How was it?Just did my virtual interview here 🥶🥶
Went alright I think? It was very short. Two interviewers and both were around 20-25 mins long. Pretty casual for the most part.How was it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purplepanda2001
Full Member
Just did my virtual interview here [emoji3063][emoji3063]
I also just interviewed here. Were you planning on sending thank you notes to your interviewers? I can’t find an email address or anything for mine online.
Congrats, hope it went well! How long were they, and any tips for someone interviewing soon?I also just interviewed here. Were you planning on sending thank you notes to your interviewers? I can’t find an email address or anything for mine online.
purplepanda2001
Full Member
Also 20-25 minutes, which my interviewer told me was their goal length (which I really appreciated, as not to question if it was too short or too long / if that meant anything haha). My only advice is to try and be casual and conversational, there truly were no curveballs and both interviewers were incredibly friendly.
I sent thank you notes an hour after I finished my interviews. You gotta send it to alyssaI also just interviewed here. Were you planning on sending thank you notes to your interviewers? I can’t find an email address or anything for mine online.
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Did you send two separate ones?I sent thank you notes an hour after I finished my interviews. You gotta send it to alyssa
Idk if it helps but my friend got a II for md/phd to stony back in early August like the first week or somethingAny MD/PhDs hear back yet about IIs?
damn if i haven't heard back yet should I be expecting an R at this point?Idk if it helps but my friend got a II for md/phd to stony back in early August like the first week or something
mickeymice
Full Member
IS II 🙂
Complete 7/12
Complete 7/12
IS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/26, earliest interview date was Oct 2nd.
Not sure, u could always receive one later! I just know from what he told me that he got one first week of August but that they choose the interview date for u and his was set for end of Octoberdamn if i haven't heard back yet should I be expecting an R at this point?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II IS ORM LM 70 completed 7/30
maindoctor42
Full Member
Interviewed today, great experience. Super conversational, very welcoming student and faculty! Typical questions asked.
Any August instate submitters get II yet? Just trying to get an idea of where they are up to right now. LM 71, NYC applicant
boomchickapow
Full Member
submitted 8/1, IS, II received 9/21
Annie5861
Full Member
IS Submitted Aug. 7. Just got the IIAny August instate submitters get II yet? Just trying to get an idea of where they are up to right now. LM 71, NYC applicant
Nice!! Stats? Hopefully I get something soon no state school interviews on my end so far...IS Submitted Aug. 7. Just got the II
Annie5861
Full Member
Good luck!! I wasn't expecting tbh because they seem more research oriented but I didn't have as much research backing. So, who knows anything can happen.Nice!! Stats? Hopefully I get something soon no state school interviews on my end so far...
LM 71 Casper Q3
Same LM and Casper! I am also not as research oriented but very local to the school so that gives hope but I was complete in September. This gives hope though!Good luck!! I wasn't expecting tbh because they seem more research oriented but I didn't have as much research backing. So, who knows anything can happen.
LM 71 Casper Q3
1st Q here, got an II. I guess Its just one part of your whole app.Does anyone know how important Casper is to Stony Brook? I am IS and have competitive stats but did not do well on Casper lol
I got 2nd quartile and got an II the first day they sent them out so I don't think they're very importantDoes anyone know how important Casper is to Stony Brook? I am IS and have competitive stats but did not do well on Casper lol
always_hungry
Full Member
does anyone know what the interview day format is? is it just 1 on 1 interviews or are there additional things like info sessions and chats with current students? also, how long did the interview day last (i have work that day and i'm trying to figure out how long i need to call out). Thanks!
mickeymice
Full Member
I have mine this week. They send out an email the week before. You get assigned two times that day: one for faculty and one for student. They could be close together or relatively far apart. There is a regular info session on Wed/Thurs that is optional and recurrs weekly.does anyone know what the interview day format is? is it just 1 on 1 interviews or are there additional things like info sessions and chats with current students? also, how long did the interview day last (i have work that day and i'm trying to figure out how long i need to call out). Thanks!
maindoctor42
Full Member
Do we know if they typically send A's on the first day? I know we were told 6-8 weeks, but do they typically group September interviewees together when releasing decisions?T-10 days for all the september interviewees 🥶😳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah they do I thinkDo we know if they typically send A's on the first day? I know we were told 6-8 weeks, but do they typically group September interviewees together when releasing decisions?
a2zed
Full Member
Did they confirm to start releasing decisions tmrw?I'm so nervous for tomorrow
Yes. 1000%Did they confirm to start releasing decisions tmrw?
ii_manifestation
Full Member
Have any OOS IIs been sent from Stony Brook?
Hexed
Full Member
From last years thread, it appears that they began sending them in late October.Have any OOS IIs been sent from Stony Brook?
maindoctor42
Full Member
Silence for everyone still?
Edit: I apologize for scaring people if they thought this was a decision post.
Edit: I apologize for scaring people if they thought this was a decision post.
purplepanda2001
Full Member
Nothing yet on my end either, interviewed 9/15
Jeez yeah I interviewed a day before u on 9/14 but I'm glad I'm not alone rnNothing yet on my end either, interviewed 9/15
D
deleted1167581
Don’t quote me on this but looking at last year’s thread acceptances might be sent out later today between 5-6pm EST
Last edited by a moderator:
maindoctor42
Full Member
Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone...Don’t quote me on this but looking at last year’s thread acceptances might be sent out later today between 5-6pm EST.
Thank you for this info. I can relax until 5pm today thenDon’t quote me on this but looking at last year’s thread acceptances might be sent out later today between 5-6pm EST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend got II first week of august, he was complete mid July, I think he's LM 72 or 73 idkAnyone hear back yet for an MD/PhD II? (complete date pleaseee & LM)
Last edited:
maindoctor42
Full Member
Congrats!! I just almost had a heart attack at work thinking it was an A hahahah.IS II today, complete 8/30
I wonder why they're taking so long this year 😭😭 literally every year before this yr they started releasing by Tuesday at the latestCongrats!! I just almost had a heart attack at work thinking it was an A hahahah.