You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Highly highly unlikely. If u check past year forums there isn't a single person who heard back on first wave if they interviewed in October. Most heard back earliest end of October and into beginning of November.Any chance of hearing back in the first decision wave if you interviewed on 10/2?
peter_lambda
Full Member
Unfortunately, interview this week felt rushed and methodical. Less about getting to know me and more about reciting my activities section. 25 minutes too short imo… Interviewer was very nice, just not a fan of the style overall
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
maindoctor42
Full Member
They are definitely quick, I wish they were longer. It felt like they wanted to see if we knew our application and could talk normally.Unfortunately, interview this week felt rushed and methodical. Less about getting to know me and more about reciting my activities section. 25 minutes too short imo… Interviewer was very nice, just not a fan of the style overall
Yep, exactly how my interview felt. Seemed like both interviewers wanted to get tf outta there lmaooUnfortunately, interview this week felt rushed and methodical. Less about getting to know me and more about reciting my activities section. 25 minutes too short imo… Interviewer was very nice, just not a fan of the style overall
peter_lambda
Full Member
They are definitely quick, I wish they were longer. It felt like they wanted to see if we knew our application and could talk normally.
This is validating, glad I’m not alone. Was worried I did something wrong but seems like that’s just how they structure it. Best of luck to you both!Yep, exactly how my interview felt. Seemed like both interviewers wanted to get tf outta there lmaoo
maindoctor42
Full Member
Not just you! Have faith in your application and interview - good luck future doctor!This is validating, glad I’m not alone. Was worried I did something wrong but seems like that’s just how they structure it. Best of luck to you both!
Anyone hear back yet for an MD/PhD II? (complete date pleaseee & LM)
I also haven't heard back yet. I submitted my application the first week of August and I'm LM 72.5 if that means anything.
maindoctor42
Full Member
Dear Med School gods,
Please let us applicants get an email soon so that we may get off of this roller coaster of emotions.
Please let us applicants get an email soon so that we may get off of this roller coaster of emotions.
AMENNNN.Dear Med School gods,
Please let us applicants get an email soon so that we may get off of this roller coaster of emotions.
cemetaryFaIry7
Full Member
II instate app complete 07/22
Just went back to read my secondary application to this school and apparently I checked "yes" to "Are you interested in applying to Stony Brook's MD/MA program" when I am not/was not interested in doing so. Is this something I should mention to them or not worth it/no benefit??
purplepanda2001
Full Member
i don’t imagine you’d need to mention it, as i think it’s something you apply to post-matriculation. you might just be on an email list or something because you indicated interest and get information on it in the future if accepted?
Like panda said, it wouldn't matter. This was dicussed during the additional information session that I went to so ur chilling.Just went back to read my secondary application to this school and apparently I checked "yes" to "Are you interested in applying to Stony Brook's MD/MA program" when I am not/was not interested in doing so. Is this something I should mention to them or not worth it/no benefit??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purplepanda2001
Full Member
Congrats, that’s so exciting!! 🙂) Was it via email or phone call?
Thank you!!!! Email! Goodluck❤️Congrats, that’s so exciting!! 🙂) Was it via email or phone call?
chicagohotdog
Full Member
A today (interviewed 9/21)! Don't have to pay a deposit to accept a spot which is nice
D
deleted1167581
did anyone who interviewed on 9/29 hear anything?
D
deleted1167581
Maybe, although it’s a bit strange that there seems to be very little As sent out in comparison to the last few yearsDamn so I'm guessing if the first wave was already sent out today the ppl who haven't received an A yet are WL?
Yes that is very strange indeed and something I noticed as wellMaybe, although it’s a bit strange that there seems to be very little As sent out in comparison to the last few years
maindoctor42
Full Member
Got the A yesterday afternoon! Interviewed mid-end of September, soooo happy!!
Maybe you're right, I'm just going based on the previous years trends of how ppl like me who were interviewed the very first wave/week possible and didn't hear back during the first A wave were WL. Hoping what you say is right...Why do we think that? For example, I have my interview next week. Wouldn’t those who interviewed already and didn’t hear this wave be compared to those interviewed in my wave and then possibly get the A? Think positive!
purplepanda2001
Full Member
Choosing to be unrealistically optimistic and hope the first A wave continues tonight 🥲
I need ur optimism bc I an the most pessimistic person ever 🤣Choosing to be unrealistically optimistic and hope the first A wave continues tonight 🥲
D
deleted1167581
I need ur optimism bc I an the most pessimistic person ever 🤣
Choosing to be unrealistically optimistic and hope the first A wave continues tonight 🥲
To give us some hope looking back 2 cycles ago there were people who interviewed in September who got As in early November after the first wave.. it’s not over until we get that official WL email
Wait what? I must have missed this. Which year? 2021-2022?To give us some hope looking back 2 cycles ago there were people who interviewed in September who got As in early November after the first wave.. it’s not over until we get that official WL email
D
deleted1167581
Yeah it was 2021-2022, some people got As who interviewed mid-late September around Nov 9Wait what? I must have missed this. Which year? 2021-2022?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're right, there were some people who interviewed mid sep and got accepted in Mid novYeah it was 2021-2022, some people got As who interviewed mid-late September around Nov 9
premadbaddie
Full Member
IS II, the date I wanted greyed out right when I clicked it 😢 Does anyone know if we can move our date up earlier if it somehow becomes available? I'm nervous to be interviewing in December with rolling admissions
RuggedShark
Full Member
OOS II today, complete really early
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Anyone hear back recently?
Sadly no... I interviewed 9/14 and I'm praying I didn't get waitlisted but I know most likely that might be the case after reading forums from past yearsAnyone hear back recently?
Last edited:
chocdoc2028
Full Member
Hello 🙂
I have an upcoming interview on 11/13, any advice would be SUPER appreciated 🙂
I have an upcoming interview on 11/13, any advice would be SUPER appreciated 🙂
maindoctor42
Full Member
The interviews are short so use every moment to sell yourself! It was relaxed and the interviewers were very nice. There was only a few minutes for my questions at the end, so have a few strong, specific questions. Know your application very well!!!Hello 🙂
I have an upcoming interview on 11/13, any advice would be SUPER appreciated 🙂
chocdoc2028
Full Member
thank you so much!!! 🙂The interviews are short so use every moment to sell yourself! It was relaxed and the interviewers were very nice. There was only a few minutes for my questions at the end, so have a few strong, specific questions. Know your application very well!!!
D
deleted1175672
IS II today
premadbaddie
Full Member
Were dates before December available?IS II today
maindoctor42
Full Member
Any accepted students want to chat? DM me!! Good luck to everyone!
luckycharms!
Full Member
OOS II
girlonamission11
Full Member
stats and when were you complete?OOS II
peter_lambda
Full Member
Any idea when next batch of acceptances come out?
soon, my friend, soonSo when do we think acceptances start rolling out?
Shouldn’t matter for you tho… you’ll withdraw from stony with your multiple T20 interviews already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview?I’m not counting any chickens. Happy to get into any MD school! Best of luck to you!
You'll probably hear back in November. I interviewed in Sep 14 and still have not heard anything sadlyLast two weeks or so.
looks like 1 person (at least) was admitted on Nov 1 from the 2022-2023 threadAny idea when next batch of acceptances come out?
no clue, but that might be the next one?
mickeymice
Full Member
You'll get it like the week before the interview. it's two open interviews at different times throughout the day. No exhaustive interview day. There are some optional days for doing the typical "interview day stuff"What does the schedule of the interview day look like? I am scheduled to interview in ~2 weeks and I can't find the agenda