2023-2024 Stony Brook

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

for those who have interviewed, where can you find the link for the weekly info session held on Wednesdays? for some reason I can’t find it in my emails or the portal
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those who have interviewed, where can you find the link for the weekly info session held on Wednesdays? for some reason I can’t find it in my emails or the portal
About a week before my interview I got an email with information about my two interviewers and the information session. This email contained zoom links for the interview, but to attend an information session you have to reach out to Stony and say which date and then they'll send you an email with the zoom link the day before the session
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the AIS today the asst dean of admissions emphasized that the chance of admission throughout the cycle is the same for everybody/people interviewing now don't have less of a chance than someone who interviewed in sept. Just wondering if anyone understands how this is possible w/ rolling admissions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is there significant waitlist movement or should i stop hoping for an A here
From this website, there are ~300 waitlist offers and 65 students get off the waitlist. Idk how accurate it is, but seems like there will be movement once people have to start narrowing down their options or aid packages come out. I will likely withdraw my A, but I am waiting to see what financial aid packages look like, if I get any aid that is lol
 
I’m also wondering if this school accepts post-II update letters. Do they value Letters of Intent? Looking to write one real soon
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad