2023-2024 Stony Brook

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS II received today! earliest date available was 3/4/24. the info they sent says they stop interviewing in mid-march so i wonder how many seats are actually left
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II received yesterday, app was complete 8/23. Excited to interview here, but a little wary based off of the opinions I've read of current students and the culture of the school. Anyone have any info on this or experience with the school?
 
Waitlisted this morning… any ideas when we hear back from the waitlist? Is there any final deadline? Any known ranking system?

Interviewed early December.
 
do you know if they're gonna release a statement or anything? feels like this is something we need to know more about before deciding where we spend the next 4 years

attended admissions information session and asked abt theoretical change to grading scale for preclinical and heard from current M1s that there was enough push back from students & so it will most likely stay P/F
 
Admitted students, did you see a change in your portal? I got a non-official acceptance email (so grateful) but the official email hasn't come through yet and I don't see a change in my portal so I'm stressing a bit. Probably just me being overly neurotic but I want to be sure before I celebrate lol.
 
Admitted students, did you see a change in your portal? I got a non-official acceptance email (so grateful) but the official email hasn't come through yet and I don't see a change in my portal so I'm stressing a bit. Probably just me being overly neurotic but I want to be sure before I celebrate lol.
Did you just get the email?
 
Admitted students, did you see a change in your portal? I got a non-official acceptance email (so grateful) but the official email hasn't come through yet and I don't see a change in my portal so I'm stressing a bit. Probably just me being overly neurotic but I want to be sure before I celebrate lol.
No change in my portal but after sending in the form and intent, you should get an email saying that a spot has been secured for you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are they still sending IIs/do they traditionally send them this late?
I received mine back on 11/29/23 and the earliest date I could get was 2/5/24 if that helps. I'm not sure how late they interview though