2023-2024 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 Tufts Secondary Essay Prompts: (1000 character limit each) (Answering some of the yes/no questions as "yes" may reveal another essay to be written).

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine?

2. Please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. Include in this explanation if you will be a student, working, conducting research, volunteering, etc.

3. Please tell us about your journey to medical school and how your background and experiences will positively impact your future as a medical student and physician. If you have experienced personal circumstances or hardships that have helped you develop qualities that you believe will allow you to better serve your future patients and the medical community as a whole, please share those experiences in your response.

4. Tufts values include a commitment to social responsibility; to serve and advocate for all people, especially underserved and vulnerable patients and populations, by addressing social determinants of health, health equity, social justice, and stewardship of social resources. Have you done substantial work or volunteer service in such communities? (yes/no)
If yes, Please describe the experience and how it may shape your desire to practice with vulnerable populations in the future.

5. Do you have any withdrawals or repeated coursework listed on your transcript(s)? (yes/no)

6. Did you take any leaves of absence or significant breaks from your undergraduate education? (yes/no) (Do not include time off after graduation.)

7. Because your academics will not be shared with interviewers until after you complete your interview, we encourage you to use this space to elaborate on any academic challenges you have overcome. We understand that many applicants encounter academic hardships along the way. Please comment on any academic difficulties that you have encountered since completing high school (grades and MCAT scores). We believe that such difficulties offer an opportunity for growth and would appreciate learning how your experiences have affected your approach to academics. If you have not encountered any difficulties, you may answer 'No.'

8. Have you ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, a Misdemeanor crime, excluding 1) any offense for which you were adjudicated as a juvenile 2) any convictions which have been expunged or sealed by a court, or 3) any misdemeanor convictions for which any probation has been completed and the case dismissed by the court (in states where applicable)? For more information please
visit our web site.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
Tufts University School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any secondaries for this school received yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Still no secondaries for anyone here? I'm surprised by how quiet it is here. Looks like people were talking about receiving secondaries from July 1 last year. I'm concerned that I haven't gotten anything yet

Still no secondaries for anyone here? I'm surprised by how quiet it is here. Looks like people were talking about receiving secondaries from July 1 last year. I'm concerned that I haven't gotten anything yet
Yup nothing yet

Reactions: 3 users
I got a secondary invite like ten days ago but a few minutes later got an email saying that they accidentally sent it to me and that they're still working out bug fixes. Just got an update today that it will be going out next week.

Not sure if I'm the only person that got it but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I got a secondary invite like ten days ago but a few minutes later got an email saying that they accidentally sent it to me and that they're still working out bug fixes. Just got an update today that it will be going out next week.

Not sure if I'm the only person that got it but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
Next week as in the week of July 24th correct? Or was it not entirely clear?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't received anything yet. I'm in-state

Reactions: 2 users

Did you get any additional updates about Tufts sending out secondaries recently?

Finally received secondary OOS! Prompts are:

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine?

Please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. Include in this explanation if you will be a student, working, conducting research, volunteering, etc.

3. Please tell us about your journey to medical school and how your background and experiences will positively impact your future as a medical student and physician. If you have experienced personal circumstances or hardships that have helped you develop qualities that you believe will allow you to better serve your future patients and the medical community as a whole, please share those experiences in your response.

4. Tufts values include a commitment to social responsibility; to serve and advocate for all people, especially underserved and vulnerable patients and populations, by addressing social determinants of health, health equity, social justice, and stewardship of social resources. Have you done substantial work or volunteer service in such communities?

5. Do you have any withdrawals or repeated coursework listed on your transcript(s).

6. Did you take any leaves of absence or significant breaks from your undergraduate education? (Do not include time off after graduation.)

7. Because your academics will not be shared with interviewers until after you complete your interview, we encourage you to use this space to elaborate on any academic challenges you have overcome. We understand that many applicants encounter academic hardships along the way. Please comment on any academic difficulties that you have encountered since completing high school (grades and MCAT scores). We believe that such difficulties offer an opportunity for growth and would appreciate learning how your experiences have affected your approach to academics. If you have not encountered any difficulties, you may answer 'No.'

8. Have you ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, a Misdemeanor crime, excluding 1) any offense for which you were adjudicated as a juvenile 2) any convictions which have been expunged or sealed by a court, or 3) any misdemeanor convictions for which any probation has been completed and the case dismissed by the court (in states where applicable)? For more information please visit our web site.

1000 characters each.
@wysdoc

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Still haven’t received an OOS secondary, verified 7/16

I bet today is a test run or something (only sending out a few secondaries)

Reactions: 1 users
Potentially the dumbest question I've ever asked: I'm a high stat applicant with a strongly expressed research focus in my primary. For the essay about plans for the upcoming year, since the submission of my primary I've gotten my name on a few manuscripts and since I had the space, I was thinking of mentioning that I would be working on these projects until they reach publication during the upcoming year.

On the other hand, I was thinking of leaving this info out to avoid coming off as being a poor mission-fit (by overly hammering home the research aspect of my app)/getting yielded out? While I have the space to mention these manuscripts, it's also not like it would do a ton for my app since they haven't been published yet.

Potentially the dumbest question I've ever asked: I'm a high stat applicant with a strongly expressed research focus in my primary. For the essay about plans for the upcoming year, since the submission of my primary I've gotten my name on a few manuscripts and since I had the space, I was thinking of mentioning that I would be working on these projects until they reach publication during the upcoming year.

On the other hand, I was thinking of leaving this info out to avoid coming off as being a poor mission-fit (by overly hammering home the research aspect of my app)/getting yielded out? While I have the space to mention these manuscripts, it's also not like it would do a ton for my app since they haven't been published yet.
i think it is better to mention them than leave blank. you do not need to spend the whole essay on it, just a sentence or two will suffice. if that is the only thing you're doing and you dont have anything else to discuss, better to use the space than not IMO

I think since it’s such an important part of your story, you should mention it where applicable. But, like mentioned above, you should also touch on some other activities to be more holistic

has anyone else still not gotten a secondary?

Reactions: 2 users
I received a secondary today and my app hasn't even been verified yet. How did they know I'm applying there?