2023-2024 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys answer #7? I just don't understand why they have a text box up if they don't want us to answer it?
No, it only asks abt grades and MCAT hardships. if none, don't answer

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If I've got a 510 is it worth applying. Heard they might be one of the more forgivable schools but idk. 3.92 cGPA and 3.96 sGPA from Umich undergrad.

If I've got a 510 is it worth applying. Heard they might be one of the more forgivable schools but idk. 3.92 cGPA and 3.96 sGPA from Umich undergrad.
I'm not an admissions expert, but your MCAT is between the 10th and 25th percentile, so I think you have a chance if you really like Tufts. And your GPAs are around the 75th percentile

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn’t answer the first optional question because i kinda did a why tufts in another prompt and i’m a bit burnt out, i do really like the school and spoke to a current student which i mentioned but not sure if i shot myself in the foot by not answering the first one

3. Please tell us about your journey to medical school and how your background and experiences will positively impact your future as a medical student and physician. If you have experienced personal circumstances or hardships that have helped you develop qualities that you believe will allow you to better serve your future patients and the medical community as a whole, please share those experiences in your response.
How are people answering this? It's not really enough space to get into my background *and* experiences, and I'm not sure what route to take

How are people answering this? It's not really enough space to get into my background *and* experiences, and I'm not sure what route to take
I took that question to mean "how does your diversity allow you to be a better physician"

If anyone applied to the Maine Track, could you post the questions for that?

It's worth noting that one of the prompts is different than listed.
For prompt 4, the following pops up after you check the box "yes," which was not properly reported:
Please describe the experience and how it may shape your desire to practice with vulnerable populations in the future.

As you can see, this changes the response to the question. Appreciate what all you guys do, but hopefully this didn't impact anyone's response negatively. @wysdoc can we update this?

It's worth noting that one of the prompts is different than listed.
For prompt 4, the following pops up after you check the box "yes," which was not properly reported:
Please describe the experience and how it may shape your desire to practice with vulnerable populations in the future.

As you can see, this changes the response to the question. Appreciate what all you guys do, but hopefully this didn't impact anyone's response negatively. @wysdoc can we update this?
@infinity7 I can only post what you applicants share with me and I must trust your completeness and accuracy.
People who answered no to this question wouldn't see the extra essay pop up.

If I respond "no" to #4, am I essentially sending a donation to this school?
Not necessarily. I can't speak to the rest of your app but if you have other standout EC's or come from an extraordinary background then I would go for it. Regardless if I were you, I would reevaluate mission fit and apply to schools that may be more suited for your experiences and goals :)

If I respond "no" to #4, am I essentially sending a donation to this school?
If you've worked at a hospital, you've definitely worked with patients coming from underserved backgrounds. Unless you worked at like Billionaire's row

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven’t received a secondary (verified 8/3) is anyone else experiencing this? I was under the impression they didn’t screen and wasn’t sure if I was the only one

I still haven’t received a secondary (verified 8/3) is anyone else experiencing this? I was under the impression they didn’t screen and wasn’t sure if I was the only one
Added them 8/7, received secondary 8/8, finished app 8/15

Verified 8/3 and haven’t sent one is odd imo but may want to see for others

Added them 8/7, received secondary 8/8, finished app 8/15

Verified 8/3 and haven’t sent one is odd imo but may want to see for others
I got a secondary before my app was verified. Maybe email admissions?

i also got mine before i was verified

I got a secondary before my app was verified. Maybe email admissions?
I did, thank you! Turns out they sent it in July apparently, but for some reason, none of their emails could be received on my server?? Not sure what could be the cause since I have not had that problem with any other programs, but all sorted out now and just hoping they don't hold the long turnaround time against me haha!
(Definitely note to anyone experiencing something similar to reach out, they helped me quickly and kindly!!)

I did, thank you! Turns out they sent it in July apparently, but for some reason, none of their emails could be received on my server?? Not sure what could be the cause since I have not had that problem with any other programs, but all sorted out now and just hoping they don't hold the long turnaround time against me haha!
(Definitely note to anyone experiencing something similar to reach out, they helped me quickly and kindly!!)
Glad it got sorted out!

Do many people get accepted to Maine track without a strong connection to Maine? Have a strong interest in rural medicine and worked a bit in this in another state, but don't have direct ties to Maine

Just received an II for Boston Track; OOS LM 74.8, complete 7/28. First II!

Multiple interview slots in September-October. None available in November and December atm.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
IS II received, completed secondary the first day it was available

Received e-mail requesting additional information from university regarding IA

Reactions: 3 users
So have they even sent out any RD II’s yet?