2019-2020 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone still waiting on SJV decisions, I applied and interviewed for the SJV prime program. I hadn’t heard about a decision so I reach out to the admissions office a few days ago. They told me they accidentally forgot to email me that I was placed on the alternate list for SJV, so if you haven’t heard back you might consider reaching out.

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
I received an acceptance last week and was previously waitlisted in January. I think things may be moving before April 30th!

Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
No movement before April 30th according to their official statement! So that's the big day (well more like the week after). They don't accept LOI's usually, and they don't have waitlist ranks/positions from what I remember. Unknown if updates will help or not

How do they decide who to accept if theres no rank?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
How do they decide who to accept if theres no rank?
Some schools use the waitlist to balance the class I.e if there aren’t enough women in the class than they’ll offer seats to women on the waitlist to get as close to 50/50 as possible. UCSF might do something like this

• Wow
No movement before April 30th according to their official statement! So that's the big day (well more like the week after). They don't accept LOI's usually, and they don't have waitlist ranks/positions from what I remember. Unknown if updates will help or not
I didn't realize LOIs weren't normally accepted, but I guess that's not too surprising

Too late. I sent an update/LOI. We'll see what happens

Reactions: 1 users
@sjv prime candidates- I interviewed last month. I got my email that I was placed on alternate list this past Friday. I called admissions office today to ask if that email also pertained to SJV prime, and I was told that SJV prime would send out a separate email about their admission decision in the coming 2-3 weeks (which aligns with what we were told during our interview). Super bummed about my waitlist (yet simultaneously proud of myself for making it this far) but holding out hope for SJV prime :) hope this helped- good luck everyone!!
hear anything?

April 15 - May 15th: the most stressful time of the year for WL movement

• Love
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
April 15 - May 15th: the most stressful time of the year for WL movement

1586985473544.png

Good luck to everyone haha. Be sure to post here if you get it so that we can celebrate you, and also for future generations to know how things went down :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sadly withdrew. Good luck to everyone waiting!!!

edit: their response was truly heartwarming. This is a super special community!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
AFAIK, the grants are given strictly on the basis of need
There are a few regent merit scholarships as well!

editing to say that you’re right though that most aid is need based.

Last edited:
  • Love
If anyone has questions for a current (but graduating) student, feel free to ask. Best of luck with your decisions :D

If anyone has questions for a current (but graduating) student, feel free to ask. Best of luck with your decisions :D
UCSF has such a unique curriculum timeline, so most of my questions are geared towards that. Have you had issues with clerkships being pass/fail for any of your residency interviews/applications? And do you think this could change in the future since step 1 is being changed to pass/fail as well?

I assume you've already went through the Bridge's curriculum. I wanted to ask how flexible it would be to move up the exam date for taking usmle step 1 (to end of second year), suppose I had to meet a deadline for HPSP. Did you know of any colleagues who did HPSP, how did they do it?

UCSF has such a unique curriculum timeline, so most of my questions are geared towards that. Have you had issues with clerkships being pass/fail for any of your residency interviews/applications? And do you think this could change in the future since step 1 is being changed to pass/fail as well?

I assume you've already went through the Bridge's curriculum. I wanted to ask how flexible it would be to move up the exam date for taking usmle step 1 (to end of second year), suppose I had to meet a deadline for HPSP. Did you know of any colleagues who did HPSP, how did they do it?
I'm probably not the best person to ask unfortunately. I was Bridges but my class was the last to have clerkship grades. What I've heard so far from the class after me is that people are happy with P/F third year. Fourth year sub-Is are still graded and for some specialties that's more important anyway.

If you need to take step 1 to meet a deadline for HPSP, they'll work with you to get it sorted out!

is there a deposit that acceptees need to pay? if so how much?

• Wow
Anybody still waiting on a financial aid package?

• Wow
Last year today had a lot of WL movement!!!
We're finally getting into it folks, I'm so scared haha.
Basically all of May there's a chance :D

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 10 users
I about had a heart attack checking for waitlist movement on Friday. An old friend passed away over the weekend. If anything, it made me realize my biggest problem is what top medical school I am going to attend. This process has been truly insane but at the very least I hope we can all give ourselves a pat on the back for how badass we all are and be thankful that we have our entire lives and career ahead of ourselves. Sending positive energy out to the world today!

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
I about had a heart attack checking for waitlist movement on Friday. An old friend passed away over the weekend. If anything, it made me realize my biggest problem is what top medical school I am going to attend. This process has been truly insane but at the very least I hope we can all give ourselves a pat on the back for how badass we all are and be thankful that we have our entire lives and career ahead of ourselves. Sending positive energy out to the world today!
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this much needed perspective, it definitely brought me back down to earth. Sending you and your loved ones positive energy <3

Reactions: 2 users
Well that was incredibly transparent of them, kudos

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users