2019-2020 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same ^^

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone else on hold not get an R yet?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same, it's disheartening to hear from our undergrad :-/

post-hold R this morning as well. was put on hold jan 2 or 3. and still annoyed at their secondary lol

Are they done giving out "holds"? Completed early August, but have yet to hear anything.

Post hold R today. Goodbye to my dreams of warm weather!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else here not received any email communication from SD since submitting a secondary? (neither ii, R, hold, or A?)

3mstgz.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else here not received any email communication from SD since submitting a secondary? (neither ii, R, hold, or A?)

3mstgz.jpg

give the admissions office a call and ask for an update - they're really great about it.

See ya next cycle, UCSD!

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven’t been axed at UCI, UCSD and USC. I’m really hoping one of them turns into an II

Nice. I wonder if anyone else here has not gotten anything back since submitting. Not even a hold.
I have a friend who was complete early August and has yet to hear anything. She only has 2 II and one of them an A to UCLA, so unique applicant but not hyper competitive.

This is absolutely my top choice :( Can anyone offer some advice for interviewing here?

This is absolutely my top choice :( Can anyone offer some advice for interviewing here?

Rule #1: Cardio

Quoting in case @ayjaystudent deletes his post.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen this user reply edgy memes and irrelevant banter to peoples’ posts on this forum, especially school-specific threads. Can someone message me or tell me how to report this? Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Quoting in case @ayjaystudent deletes his post.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen this user reply edgy memes and irrelevant banter to peoples’ posts on this forum, especially school-specific threads. Can someone message me or tell me how to report this? Thanks.
Is this in and of itself a meme?

PRIME-HEq II invite this morning, file complete 9/27. I was never placed on hold, I just hadn't heard back from them at all after submitting.

Beyond enthused, and crossing my fingers for anyone else out there who is either on hold or thought their application had been completely forgotten :)

Reactions: 7 users
PRIME-HEq II invite this morning, file complete 9/27. I was never placed on hold, I just hadn't heard back from them at all after submitting.

Beyond enthused, and crossing my fingers for anyone else out there who is either on hold or thought their application had been completely forgotten :)
Wahoooo! Congrats and good luck on your interview!

Any predictions on when decisions from the 1/16 interview day will be released? The suspense is killing me :p

Any predictions on when decisions from the 1/16 interview day will be released? The suspense is killing me :p
II on 1/9 here and I'm definitely feeling the excitement/nervousness/everything in between. I've been checking my emails like mad and my stomach is in knots. Currently praying/hoping/wishing my dream comes true

Reactions: 2 users
they said by Friday, but they also said 8 weeks to process secondaries. Let’s hope we get it this week!

Does anyone know if there’s still hope of receiving an interview here?

II for PRIME-HEq today!!! Never placed on hold, this is the first I’ve heard from them since being complete.

Complete 08/31, OOS with ties to the area. One date available for interview early February. I’m so excited!! Best wishes to all other applicants.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if there’s still hope of receiving an interview here?
I hope so!! I'm not sure if you're on hold or not, but the people on hold who haven't heard anything since they were put on hold for an II were told they should find out by end of January (so like now lol) if they have an II or R

Edit: and by the looks of people posting this week about getting IIs I think there's definitely still hope!! :)

II on Monday for MD! Complete 8/24. Never placed on hold.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Waitlisted today post II.
Does anyone know what waitlist movement is like? I’m nervous about it because they said we won’t hear back till May

Secondary complete: 8/10
Hold: 11/6
Interview Invite: 12/13
Interview: 1/16
Accepted: Just now!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Waitlisted today post II.
Does anyone know what waitlist movement is like? I’m nervous about it because they said we won’t hear back till May

Mmmm according to MSAR there are typically around 300 people on the waitlist per cycle, with about 30 of those eventually getting offers. So not terrible odds, but not the best either.

• Wow
When will financial aid / merit scholarships come out? how many do they offer?

just found the rejection in my spam :( did no one else get rejected last week?

• Sad
The hold email says that they will review apps again by late January. Are there people still on hold who haven't heard anything since the email?

The hold email says that they will review apps again by late January. Are there people still on hold who haven't heard anything since the email?
Me too, I checked their website today because I was also wondering when we'd hopefully hear back and it says that interviews typically go through the end of March, so I'm hopeful still! I'm wondering if we're people who'd potentially fill in for II slots that other people cancel? Or if they haven't scheduled all their interviews through the end of March and we could potentially fill those? Hopefully the latter.

Still waiting here as well.

im sure there’s hundreds of us still waiting