2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete 8/16, crickets

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 7/16. I received an II today.

Reactions: 4 users
interview was really chill. faculty and students are really welcoming and friendly.

Reactions: 2 users
I just created this group.

Accepted student GroupMe
IMG_0881.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just a heads-up, there likely won't be any movement with applications this week due to everything going in in Maine last night/today. Most of Southern Maine is shut down, including UNE.

Reactions: 4 users
Also got an acceptance today!! I interviewed the last week of September. I'm super stoked!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So we just have the one interview with three faculty right? Is there anything else?

So we just have the one interview with three faculty right? Is there anything else?
It could be any combination of 2-3 faculty, current students, alumni, and community members, but it's just one interview. My interview was with two faculty and a current student. There is a welcome video to watch online ahead of time (they send an email with a link to the video) and an optional Q&A/welcome session with students on a different day that you can register for separately.

It could be any combination of 2-3 faculty, current students, alumni, and community members, but it's just one interview. My interview was with two faculty and a current student. There is a welcome video to watch online ahead of time (they send an email with a link to the video) and an optional Q&A/welcome session with students on a different day that you can register for separately.

Thanks!

Spoke with admissions because I had a few questions, and they told me interviews were booked out through March so many interviews wont be going out right now. So I'm guessing after deposits come in, they will send out more interviews.
Yikes! I had no idea they were so booked with interviews already...

Got my acceptance today! Interviewed 10/18

Got the A, interviewed 10/25

Woah! Congrats on the A!!! That’s such a quick turnaround I thought it was like 4-6 weeks they said no? I interviewed recently and am anxiously waiting lol

Woah! Congrats on the A!!! That’s such a quick turnaround I thought it was like 4-6 weeks they said no? I interviewed recently and am anxiously waiting lol
Yeah I thought it would take a few more weeks. good luck!

Completed in August, still radio silence

Does anyone know what is the interview style at UNECOM? would they have access to academic records?

Does anyone know what is the interview style at UNECOM? would they have access to academic records?
The interviewers have access to your entire application except for your academic information and letters of recommendation. It's one interview with 2-3 interviewers with a combination of faculty, current students, and alumni.

The interviewers have access to your entire application except for your academic information and letters of recommendation. It's one interview with 2-3 interviewers with a combination of faculty, current students, and alumni.

How long is it?

For out-of-state students, what did you mention for the "Why Maine" question?

radio silence since 7/18, emailed for an update, they responded with "your completed application remains under review for a possible interview invite. Please let us know if you have any additional questions."

• Care
How do I go about emailing admissions if I was complete in June & haven't heard anything since?

Has anyone found UNECOM match data?
Nope, I have been researching and this is all could find, which is very vague and not helpful. But look at their social media posts from March and you can kinda see the programs the students matched into.

For those who interviewed, did you send a thank you letter? I completely forgot one of the interviewer's last names and now I cannot find his name. On the kira platform, it did not show their names and just said "interviewer." how do they value thank you letters? should I stress over it?? idk what to do honestly
nope and still got accepted

For those who interviewed, did you send a thank you letter? I completely forgot one of the interviewer's last names and now I cannot find his name. On the kira platform, it did not show their names and just said "interviewer." how do they value thank you letters? should I stress over it?? idk what to do honestly
I didn't, and I was accepted.

OOS II this morning, from New England. LM 69 complete mid-July.

How far out are you able to schedule an interview right now?

They schedule your interview for you (at least they did with mine). If you can’t make it there is a way to try and reschedule though I believe

Hi! Would any current students PM me! I am an accepted student and just have a couple of questions!