2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS newsletter received. Complete 6/18 GPA 4.0 DAT 29

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
OOS newsletter received. Complete 6/18 GPA 4.0 DAT 29
IMG_6635.jpeg

The first answer choice is so blunt 😭😭

“Who asked??”

Interview invite this morning, complete late September 😭🤩 Never give up!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OS II this morning, complete mid-October!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing my A. UNECOM seems like a really fantastic program, so I hope you all hear good news soon! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Hi all! I'm a current OMS-II! Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions <3 Congratulations to all those who got their acceptances, and WL candidates keep your spirits up!

Reactions: 4 users
Recently interviewed here and wondering if anyone here was asked about applying to MD and DO schools? I was asked specifically about having said that I applied to both on the secondary.

Withdrew my A, Good luck to everyone!

For stats purposes for those keeping track
OOS, interviewed 9/27, A 10/12
MCAT 518 GPA 3.96

Recently interviewed here and wondering if anyone here was asked about applying to MD and DO schools? I was asked specifically about having said that I applied to both on the secondary.
Yes! I was asked to speak to the number of MD and DO I applied to.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was also asked this.

Ok! Thanks y'all! I interviewed at other DO schools and didn't have the same experience so was wondering. I thought it was a weird way to ask "Why DO?"

Anyone see the match list for 2022 and 2023? It’s not available on their website but if you research you can find the direct matches. This program has such low stats for competitive residencies. With 0 matching in derm, neuro, plastics, ent, urology, vascular, and only 1 in ortho in 2022. Then 2023 Every comp 0 again but 3 in ortho, 2 ent, 1 vascular. Major red flag if you're looking for comp specialities

• Dislike
Anyone see the match list for 2022 and 2023? It’s not available on their website but if you research you can find the direct matches. This program has such low stats for competitive residencies. With 0 matching in derm, neuro, plastics, ent, urology, vascular, and only 1 in ortho in 2022. Then 2023 Every comp 0 again but 3 in ortho, 2 ent, 1 vascular. Major red flag if you're looking for comp specialities
There were multiple neuro, ENT, ortho, vascular, and IR in 2023 and 2022, and a urology in 2021 so idk what you’re looking at but it’s incorrect information. There were only 5 DO PGY-1 Derm matches and 0 DO PGY-1 Plastics (Integrated) matches in the entire country in 2023 so I’m not sure what you were expecting.

Last edited:
OOS II just a few minutes ago! Excited bc I heard good things about this program

Hey all! I’m a current OMS-I here and I just finished my first semester, so please feel free to dm me if you have any questions! Congrats to all those who got accepted and for those who are WL, don’t give up hope!

If you email admissions, they will be more than happy to share the match list. There was a student from UNE that matched at Stanford for Anesthesia. In general, it is not common for those from DO schools to match into extremely competitive specialties, but it’s possible. It’s your work and effort that gets you there, not the school

I’m a current OMS-1 that just completed their first semester! Feel free to msg me or my fellow classmate above!

Giving up my seat hope it goes to one of you here!

Reactions: 3 users
Turned down their A last week. Very difficult decision to make but it's the best for me. Best of luck to the future UNECOM class here!

Do people know if there is ever any WL movement after the deposit is due or mostly in the spring? Thanks!!

just withdrew my acceptance, good luck everyone!!

I have my interview coming up soonish and I was wondering if there are any current med students or ppl who have completed their interviews that could help me out with some questions I had? TIA.

I have my interview coming up soonish and I was wondering if there are any current med students or ppl who have completed their interviews that could help me out with some questions I had? TIA.
I interviewed in October if you wanna dm (also was accepted)

Last edited:
I’m a current student if you wanna dm

Hi! Is there an accepted student GroupMe?
A class discord will be made for you all. It should be sent in a class email, and/or posted on the class Facebook UNECOM Class of 2028 (Official). Do not join the Facebook made by MCATBros, it’s a scam.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone who interviewed the week of 12/13 heard anything yet?

currently waitlisted here and wondering about those that are withdrawing, if those spots are given to new interview invites or will they be accepting off the waitlist starting now?

currently waitlisted here and wondering about those that are withdrawing, if those spots are given to new interview invites or will they be accepting off the waitlist starting now?
Pretty sure the last few years they've started getting people off of the waitlist around the end of feb/beginning of March, but the bulk of them will be in April most likely, if past years trends continue.

Is there anyone that I can PM about the interview? I have mine within the upcoming week and am nervous, but excited!

Application complete 8/31. This was one of my first completed apps and nothing but silence except for their "411 Newsletters" that I don't even want to receive. Anyone else not here anything yet that submitted around the same time?

Application complete 8/31. This was one of my first completed apps and nothing but silence except for their "411 Newsletters" that I don't even want to receive. Anyone else not here anything yet that submitted around the same time?
Complete 8/30 and nothing