2023-2024 UT Rio Grande Valley

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I appreciate it. Also, I read that the virtual portion is two 30-minute interviews. These seem like the traditional type of interviews & it doesn't seem like they have presentations between them. Do you know if that's right?
Right, they're two traditional 25-30 min interviews. I had them back to back, no presentations
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Before the virtual interview, did a "Web Interview" tab pop up for y'all in your portal? The Interview Day Overview page mentions this tab, but I'm not seeing it yet. Not sure if it pops up the day before or of the interview?
 
Before the virtual interview, did a "Web Interview" tab pop up for y'all in your portal? The Interview Day Overview page mentions this tab, but I'm not seeing it yet. Not sure if it pops up the day before or of the interview?
I have mine today and I went in yesterday to check things out and I was able to see that tab. When do you have yours?
 
Before the virtual interview, did a "Web Interview" tab pop up for y'all in your portal? The Interview Day Overview page mentions this tab, but I'm not seeing it yet. Not sure if it pops up the day before or of the interview?
it’ll eventually pop up. mine didn’t show up for a while but i was able to see it like 4 days before my interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! Also pre-matched on 10/16 🙂 I signed the contingency form, do I also accept the offer in the portal? I didn't see anything in the letter about it and wondered if it were binding? Thanks!
no pre-match offers are binding, you still get to roll the dice on Match Day if you have more interviews!

If by then you only have the one TMDSAS interview, you still need to rank it #1 for Match

We'll go over this stuff again before then.
 
no pre-match offers are binding, you still get to roll the dice on Match Day if you have more interviews!

If by then you only have the one TMDSAS interview, you still need to rank it #1 for Match

We'll go over this stuff again before then.
Gotcha! Thank you for your help!
 
PREMATCHED THIS MORNING!!!
felicidades !
puro-pinche-956-valley-texas-palm-tree-mexican-colors-shirt-classic-mens-t-shirt.jpg
 
I was not able to see it there either, however… They sent out an email for the in person-interview day, listed in the email was a link for the visitor parking and more instructions on where to go that day.
Hi! How many days before your in-person interview did you receive this email? I have mine this week and haven't gotten one.
 
Hi all! Any current medical students here who would be ok with me private messaging them with questions? Thank you so much!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who did the in-person group interview and are not from the RGV area. What hotel did you stay at, and would you recommend it?
 
Hi everyone, can someone tell me how long it takes to recieve an interview after you sbumit your secindary here?
 
Hi everyone, can someone tell me how long it takes to recieve an interview after you sbumit your secindary here?
The secondary deadline was today, so hopefully they will be done processing any new applications and will be able to evaluate the ones they have a little faster.
However, they are a little unpredictable so if you have turned your application in over 4 weeks ago it wouldn't hurt to email them and ask them to check to see if you are complete.
 
Hi everyone, can someone tell me how long it takes to recieve an interview after you sbumit your secindary here?
I submitted my secondary mid June and didn’t get an II until late September but it all worked out! Just be patient 🙂
 
I found this from last year's thread: "Students are voted on within a week of their in-person date. If selected for prematch, they will be notified the first Monday after a full week has passed."

Does anyone who got prematched know if the above is still the case this year? At least based on your personal timeline
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I found this from last year's thread: "Students are voted on within a week of their in-person date. If selected for prematch, they will be notified the first Monday after a full week has passed."

Does anyone who got prematched know if the above is still the case this year? At least based on your personal timeline
We were told we’d be notified of prematch after thanksgiving in the mid October interview.
 
Anyone else here decided to attend this med school after prematching???