You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UT Tyler
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cloudywithachance
Full Member
Just now?!I seriously feel like this is all a dream! I got the A!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats! ♥I seriously feel like this is all a dream! I got the A!
THIS! I applied last year and was truly devastated when I didn’t match.Thank you so much! For anyone who sees this and does not get in right now...it will happen. I promise. At the right time, at the right place, and it will all be worth it. You are all good enough and smart enough and I believe in each of you. It took me four cycles to be given a chance and I am so thankful I never gave up, even when people told me to become a PA...eye on the ball...don't give up. We've got this.
I am so grateful that I didn’t get in last year like I wanted so desperately. I’m not a naturally strong student (peep the LizzyM) so I would not have thrived in the first class having to navigate so much with no mentors.
And remember, match day is soon. I have a friend who got in off of the WL last year after not matching. It ain’t over till it’s over!
I’ll make a post later once my brain works with what I felt helped as a reapplicant 🤍
cloudywithachance
Full Member
I wonder if they prematched almost the whole class today like they did last year. I'm trying to keep my hopes up for match day but this feels bleak
Even if they did, some people have other acceptances and might not match at Tyler.I wonder if they prematched almost the whole class today like they did last year. I'm trying to keep my hopes up for match day but this feels bleak
Match Day will sort those out
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
Confirming the A!!
mvp- if you hadn’t said they’d started my family wouldn’t have been in the room ◡̈ thanks for that!Confirming the A!!
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
mvp- if you hadn’t said they’d started my family wouldn’t have been in the room ◡̈ thanks for that!
So happy you could share it with them! What an incredibly thoughtful and personal acceptance. I cried when they all clapped.
you’re better than me as soon as they confirmed they were from UTTSOM i was weepingSo happy you could share it with them! What an incredibly thoughtful and personal acceptance. I cried when they all clapped.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder if they prematched almost the whole class today like they did last year. I'm trying to keep my hopes up for match day but this feels bleak
no I feel it. honestly so sad, just ran the angriest (and fastest lmao) 5k of my whole life. I'm grateful for my other acceptances but this was the one I really was holding out hope fori'm kind of discouraged ˙◠˙ i don't really know how to feel, what an odd time
If anyone wants to join an accepted student group me message me, I just made one!
i'm kind of discouraged ˙◠˙ i don't really know how to feel, what an odd time
no I feel it. honestly so sad, just ran the angriest (and fastest lmao) 5k of my whole life. I'm grateful for my other acceptances but this was the one I really was holding out hope for
I get it yall 🙁 I found this rejection letter Duke sent to an applicant from the grad admissions subreddit, and it was honestly a very wholesome read. I hope it brings yall the comfort it brought me 🙂
Very proud of you both❤️I know this is just the beginning of yalls journey
tastywater_
Full Member
feeling really really disappointed. no acceptances and dreading the thought of reapplying. dont know what im going to do with my life. very happy for everyone who has gotten in though, so deserving and so excited for your futures! to everyone that's in my position as well, hang in there, we've got this
The beauty of the TMDSAS match is that as long as you have interviewed, you can get an acceptance on match day. Hang in there a bit longerfeeling really really disappointed. no acceptances and dreading the thought of reapplying. dont know what im going to do with my life. very happy for everyone who has gotten in though, so deserving and so excited for your futures! to everyone that's in my position as well, hang in there, we've got this
praying that you get good news on match day, at the perfect school for you ♥ also i just got my incarnate word interview invite this week, so some texas schools are still sending out interviews!feeling really really disappointed. no acceptances and dreading the thought of reapplying. dont know what im going to do with my life. very happy for everyone who has gotten in though, so deserving and so excited for your futures! to everyone that's in my position as well, hang in there, we've got this
cloudywithachance
Full Member
Out of curiosity, do we know if the last interview date (1/9) was eligible for prematch?
D
deleted1122679
At my interview date, they mentioned the prematch batch yesterday would include all interview dates, so yes.Out of curiosity, do we know if the last interview date (1/9) was eligible for prematch?
I interviewed with UTT SoM last year (my only application), was rejected because of what I now see as a poorly articulated application. I spent hundreds of hours improving my app before this cycle only to find out once I submitted my primary that my MCAT would be too old (overlooked this focusing on everything else) and was ineligible to move forward this year. In June I had to cope with having to wait another year.feeling really really disappointed. no acceptances and dreading the thought of reapplying. dont know what im going to do with my life. very happy for everyone who has gotten in though, so deserving and so excited for your futures! to everyone that's in my position as well, hang in there, we've got this
So to help you answer "what you do with your life". You accept the outcome, take pride in what you HAVE accomplished and learned, go back to the drawing board, and get back on the grind. Poke holes in everything and find out where you can improve. Use the disappointment and anxiety to fuel your determination to make yourself better for this next cycle. All this while knowing.. if you just get better each time, your dream is inevitable.
You are a future doctor, your graduation year is the only unknown variable. Believe it!
Are you considering UTT over your other 3 admissions?Confirming the A!!
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
Are you considering UTT over your other 3 admissions?
Yes but I’ll post if that changes!
i'm right here with you, in the same exact position in life 💌feeling really really disappointed. no acceptances and dreading the thought of reapplying. dont know what im going to do with my life. very happy for everyone who has gotten in though, so deserving and so excited for your futures! to everyone that's in my position as well, hang in there, we've got this
Just an update for y’all. Remember that the Match will move people, and after that people can still choose other schools for a while! Hold on hope ◡̈
cranberry u are the absolute sweetest to already be accepted and still come back here to give us hope! ♥View attachment 381594
Just an update for y’all. Remember that the Match will move people, and after that people can still choose other schools for a while! Hold on hope ◡̈
i was in that exact spot last year so i want y’all to trust that i 100% know what it feels like. it’s the trenches.cranberry u are the absolute sweetest to already be accepted and still come back here to give us hope! ♥
i promise that once you get that first A, all this sadness and all of the hard work feels totally worth it. hang in there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so excited for you!! congratulations!!!!!i was in that exact spot last year so i want y’all to trust that i 100% know what it feels like. it’s the trenches.
i promise that once you get that first A, all this sadness and all of the hard work feels totally worth it. hang in there!
i haven't been able to stop crying or sleep since yesterday because i feel so disoriented, but maybe there is a little hopeView attachment 381594
Just an update for y’all. Remember that the Match will move people, and after that people can still choose other schools for a while! Hold on hope ◡̈
thank you
I am more curious about what you are eliminating and why so people understand. May be a post on general thread?Yes but I’ll post if that changes!
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
I am more curious about what you are eliminating and why so people understand. May be a post on general thread?
Feels more personal than I’d be willing to post online! But generally lots to consider like any important decision-finances etc.
It is a ranking decision most people seem to be already sharing but it is a choice whether you want to share or not.Feels more personal than I’d be willing to post online! But generally lots to consider like any important decision-finances etc.
AnonMedUser99
Full Member
Here to confirm my A, received on Wednesday.
Like anything it varieshello friends
do rejection letters get sent out after match day? i just wanna move on -_-
Some schools (Long for one) leave everyone who didn’t match on their WL
Some schools have a shorter WL and you’ll get an email within a couple of weeks about it. Tell them yes you want to stay on their WL, or no.
After they have sent out some WLemails they might reject the rest, or stay silent.
TMDSAS does not administer the WLs, and offers to be ON a WL or come OFF one for an acceptance are between you and the individual school.
oh interesting, i did not know this — thank you!!Like anything it varies
Some schools (Long for one) leave everyone who didn’t match on their WL
Some schools have a shorter WL and you’ll get an email within a couple of weeks about it. Tell them yes you want to stay on their WL, or no.
After they have sent out some WLemails they might reject the rest, or stay silent.
TMDSAS does not administer the WLs, and offers to be ON a WL or come OFF one for an acceptance are between you and the individual school.
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
As promised, I wanted to share here that I withdrew my prematch to UT Tyler. After confirming that I would rank a different prematch offer higher, I hoped that in formally withdrawing, someone else might get good news before the match <3. Best of luck, everyone! It truly is a wonderful community.
D
deleted931444
I’m not holding out for an offer from this school, but just wanted to say you’re an incredible human being for doing this, considering the small class size where someone holding a spot has a bigger impact compared to a larger class size… Congratulations for your other prematch that stole your heart! 😊As promised, I wanted to share here that I withdrew my prematch to UT Tyler. After confirming that I would rank a different prematch offer higher, I hoped that in formally withdrawing, someone else might get good news before the match <3. Best of luck, everyone! It truly is a wonderful community.
last year they sent the Waitlist/R emails about 3-4 hours after the match. they did not waitlist everyone.hello friends
do rejection letters get sent out after match day? i just wanna move on -_-
final rejections don’t go out until the first week of school ◡̈
an icon and a legend. where are you headed instead?As promised, I wanted to share here that I withdrew my prematch to UT Tyler. After confirming that I would rank a different prematch offer higher, I hoped that in formally withdrawing, someone else might get good news before the match <3. Best of luck, everyone! It truly is a wonderful community.
i so appreciate your kindness in letting us know and I pray that you will be blessed in return!! i know that with this compassion and kindness you will absolutely shine as a physician ♥As promised, I wanted to share here that I withdrew my prematch to UT Tyler. After confirming that I would rank a different prematch offer higher, I hoped that in formally withdrawing, someone else might get good news before the match <3. Best of luck, everyone! It truly is a wonderful community.
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
Thank you all! You know, I really don't know where I am headed yet. I haven't heard back from my dream out-of-state school yet! Final stretch of the waiting game though : )an icon and a legend. where are you headed instead?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you for the insight cranberry <3last year they sent the Waitlist/R emails about 3-4 hours after the match. they did not waitlist everyone.
final rejections don’t go out until the first week of school ◡̈
i am so over the moon that you're accepted, you'll be amazing
yes for all 4 years of schoolhey guys was it any where in writing that there will be free tuition for the entering class of 2024
Tell it, @cranberrylimeadedo u have a link to where this is stated? where can i find this