You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Vanderbilt
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
longsocks16
Full Member
OOS II this morning!! My first II I’m in shock😭😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II +1 complete 8/5 🙂
Tricky23
Full Member
Do they have a phone number for their office? I couldn’t find one on their websitei emailed them recently and they got back to me really fast, I would try giving them a call if a couple days go by with no response
You are a GOAT, not an opabinia 🙂OOS II +1 complete 8/5 🙂
longsocks16
Full Member
Can anyone here who has interviewed share a bit about how their overall experience was?
A+++++ loved it. Didn't get any curveball questions or anything xrazy like that. A few situational questions but nothing too hard. Know your application in and out for the longer format interview and my interviewer's personally left lots of time for questions.Can anyone here who has interviewed share a bit about how their overall experience was?
+1 II OOS, complete 8/1
is there is a tracker for total number of II sent out this year?
is there is a tracker for total number of II sent out this year?
I put the link for the application tracker on the first post in this thread+1 II OOS, complete 8/1
is there is a tracker for total number of II sent out this year?
phenolring
New Member
This includes waitlist spots.Does anyone know if this figure is including all acceptances from waitlists or is this the total number of pure A's?
pleasantpeanut4
Full Member
Has anyone received an R yet?
please.accept.me15
Full Member
does vanderbilt look down on letters of interest/ updates?
Quite the opposite from my understandingdoes vanderbilt look down on letters of interest/ updates?
ACKjp
Full Member
There’s a podcast with the director of admissions and she says they definitely welcome LOIsdoes vanderbilt look down on letters of interest/ updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
afterTo write before or after II
lavenderhazy
Full Member
OOS II 10 min ago, LM ~72, complete 7/28! I was NOT expecting this, so excited!!
OOS II just now!!!! Never been so excited for an II
D
deleted1161947
OOS II
+1 OOS IIOOS II
BlueRayRay
Full Member
OOS II. LM 74, non-trad, ORM, complete Aug 6th. Re-applicant, though first cycle applying for Vanderbilt.
Congrats! I'm also a reapplicant (but first time applicant for Vandy) so this is giving me hopeOOS II. LM 74, non-trad, ORM, complete Aug 6th. Re-applicant, though first cycle applying for Vanderbilt.

BlueRayRay
Full Member
Hoping for the best for you! I felt like your username seemed really familiar while I was scurrying amongst these school threads before, though for some reason I had an image of a mushroom picture in my head.Congrats! I'm also a reapplicant (but first time applicant for Vandy) so this is giving me hope![]()
LOL!!! Yes I had a profile pic of a frog wearing a mushroom hat that said "Im really sensitive" but ive been changing my profile pic every so often haha. and thanks so much!!Hoping for the best for you! I felt like your username seemed really familiar while I was scurrying amongst these school threads before, though for some reason I had an image of a mushroom picture in my head.
Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office this week? I emailed them last week and they had an automated reply saying they'll be gone till the 16th which seemed like an unusually long time
SameHas anyone tried contacting the admissions office this week? I emailed them last week and they had an automated reply saying they'll be gone till the 16th which seemed like an unusually long time
were you able to receive a response from them? I followed up twice and they still haven't answered 😭 does anyone have a phone number?Same
Nope. I never received a response for my post interview thank you email and when I reached out with something else as well. I think it's just the two people running the entire office and it's interview season so I'm just hoping that they're not answering any super unimportant emails right now. Or maybe I'm taking a huge dose of copiumwere you able to receive a response from them? I followed up twice and they still haven't answered 😭 does anyone have a phone number?
I never received a response for my post II ty email as well. Also just got the invitation for interview feedback although i interviewed a month ago.. weird.Nope. I never received a response for my post interview thank you email and when I reached out with something else as well. I think it's just the two people running the entire office and it's interview season so I'm just hoping that they're not answering any super unimportant emails right now. Or maybe I'm taking a huge dose of copium
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II just now
OOS II just now
Congrats!! When were you complete?
08/01Congrats!! When were you complete?
StinkyToes
Full Member
OOS II, complete 08/06
Anyone going to the in person tours? If so how are y'all dressing? All the way formal, smart casual, or something else?
Also has anyone heard from the admissions email lately? Haven't gotten a response to anything I've sent.
Also has anyone heard from the admissions email lately? Haven't gotten a response to anything I've sent.
Do you live near Tennessee?Anyone going to the in person tours? If so how are y'all dressing? All the way formal, smart casual, or something else?
Also has anyone heard from the admissions email lately? Haven't gotten a response to anything I've sent.
Nope. Saved up to make the trip lolDo you live near Tennessee?
D
deleted1167581
I’m going on one of the tours and I’m just going to dress casual. It says in the email that casual attire is completely fine and to not feel pressured to dress formallyAnyone going to the in person tours? If so how are y'all dressing? All the way formal, smart casual, or something else?
Also has anyone heard from the admissions email lately? Haven't gotten a response to anything I've sent.
Totally didn't see that part lol thanksI’m going on one of the tours and I’m just going to dress casual. It says in the email that casual attire is completely fine and to not feel pressured to dress formally
Anyone happen to know abt this?If we haven't received a 2ndary, is there any point to contacting the office to ask if we've been screened out? Or do they send emails letting us know?
Some ppl got the interview out here while your boi struggling to hear back on a secondary.....but aye, Ima keep that chin up
And I really appreciate any help in advance!
Check out the 1st post of this thread, where you can see:Anyone happen to know abt this?
Some ppl got the interview out here while your boi struggling to hear back on a secondary.....but aye, Ima keep that chin up
And I really appreciate any help in advance!
Vanderbilt says it sends about 2/3 of applicants a secondary
Links to Vanderbilt application tracker
Are these tours for those who have interviewed or anyone?I’m going on one of the tours and I’m just going to dress casual. It says in the email that casual attire is completely fine and to not feel pressured to dress formally
D
deleted1167581
I believe it is only for those who interviewedAre these tours for those who have interviewed or anyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah, they said they’re not even giving name tags and all to avoid getting biased. Also, they know that not every applicant has the means to go, I’m sure they won’t hold that against anyoneThey said the visit has no bearing on admissions, but if you do go... would it help?
Yeah, I don't think going will help in terms of admissions. I do think that going AND then making a huge fool of yourself would definitely not help lol. Which is why I just wanted to make sure I didn't show up wearing something wrong and sticking out for negative reasons
frwhile you’re there can you tell them to send an II my way?[emoji120]
My friend told me about this waffle place in Nashville...don't tell vandy but that's the real reason I'm paying $97 for a frontier flight with an 11 hour layover to go there 🤩Then what's the point of visiting before getting an A? You might end up spending time/money traveling just end up with a WL or R. the visits make more sense for the texas TMDSAS system because you have to rank your schools before the match.