You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Vermont
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS II LM 70, complete 7/27
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
boulderbro12
Full Member
OOS II yesterday! LM 68, 1Q Casper!! no ties
OOS II yesterday! LM 68, 1Q Casper!! no ties
Congrats! When was your secondary complete?
boulderbro12
Full Member
Secondary received 7/6 and complete 7/13 🙂Congrats! When was your secondary complete?
II on 9/14. In-state and submitted 7/25
._.SpicyMayo._.
Full Member
The UVM interview site says we will "Have a chance to demonstrate your teamwork and communication skills"
Does anyone know what this part of the interview entails? Is it a separate thing from the MMI part?
Does anyone know what this part of the interview entails? Is it a separate thing from the MMI part?
Separate activity beforehand, can't disclose any specifics but it was a fun time and nothing to stress aboutThe UVM interview site says we will "Have a chance to demonstrate your teamwork and communication skills"
Does anyone know what this part of the interview entails? Is it a separate thing from the MMI part?
i<3sealions101
Full Member
Congrats!! stats if you don't mind sharing??OOS II received this morning! Complete 07/22, they had a date next week, and dates in October
After interviewing I have to say I absolutely adore this school. Never knew MMIs could be so interesting/fun
LM 62Congrats!! stats if you don't mind sharing??
Gas_Seal
Full Member
I share this sentiment! I interviewed at several other schools, but Vermont was one of the best experiences. I really liked the teamwork activity as well. I think they did a great job with their MMI, I don't know how well I did, but I enjoyed it lol.After interviewing I have to say I absolutely adore this school. Never knew MMIs could be so interesting/fun
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I ask your complete date?OOS II on 9/21! Strong state ties/have been a past resident of VT (graduated from a VT high school and worked at UVMMC for many years though)
Thank you, and congrats!Completed 7/21, so received an invite exactly two months later. LM score of 70
D
deleted1103368
Hi! I was wondering if anyone who has interviewed could give some context about the structure of the interview. Is it just informational session, then MMIs, and then a team building exercise?
cutie3141592
Full Member
OOS II this morning!!! LM 67
PoodleintheGrass
Full Member
hi! When did you complete?OOS II this morning!!! LM 67
Any other in-state applicants complete mid-August heard nothing? I have an in-state friend who was complete later than me last year and already had an II at this point. I know her stats and experiences were also weaker than mine (hard to compare experiences I know). I am starting to wonder if there is a massive red flag in my app...
cutie3141592
Full Member
hi! When did you complete?
Hi! 7/10
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
Any other in-state applicants complete mid-August heard nothing? I have an in-state friend who was complete later than me last year and already had an II at this point. I know her stats and experiences were also weaker than mine (hard to compare experiences I know). I am starting to wonder if there is a massive red flag in my app...
IS complete 7/22 nothing yet 🥲
I guess we wait then fellow VT fam 😭IS complete 7/22 nothing yet 🥲
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
I guess we wait then fellow VT fam [emoji24]
It’s different this year bc they’re no longer doing VT interview day all tg. But still worried
I wouldn't worry especially since their timeline for IS is different than last year. Also, the IS interviews last year weren't until October so we're still very early in the cycle, especially for UVM.It’s different this year bc they’re no longer doing VT interview day all tg. But still worried
D
deleted1103368
Hi! Have people interviewing next week received anything from Kira Talent?
ACKjp
Full Member
Not yet!Hi! Have people interviewing next week received anything from Kira Talent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
._.SpicyMayo._.
Full Member
How long after interview do we receive the campus preference form? And does campus preference influence acceptance chances?
Gas_Seal
Full Member
if I recall correctly, they mentioned campus selection would not influence acceptance. for the first few groups who interviewed we did not receive the campus survey for almost 1 month, I'm not sure why. I suspect the more recent groups will receive it sooner.How long after interview do we receive the campus preference form? And does campus preference influence acceptance chances?
Interviewed mid-september and could access the campus selection survey two days afterif I recall correctly, they mentioned campus selection would not influence acceptance. for the first few groups who interviewed we did not receive the campus survey for almost 1 month, I'm not sure why. I suspect the more recent groups will receive it sooner.
I still haven't submitted my secondary here, is it worth it to submit it? I'm OOS and LM 67. IDK how UVM does their interview/screening process for interviews since I would be late to submit lol.
cutie3141592
Full Member
I listened to a podcast- All Access: Med school admissions episode 31, Larner, and it seemed like they were able to give most students their campus preference and it was not influential on their acceptance chances but it's not super clear. CT has fewer spots but fewer applicants prefer that campus. My advisor, who is at UVM, recommended not to worry about it affecting acceptance and that they may prefer you to pick Vermont only or CT only rather than VT preferred or CT preferred.How long after interview do we receive the campus preference form? And does campus preference influence acceptance chances?
I want an II here so bad because the campus seems so beautiful😭
OOS II LM 71, complete 7/30ish
OOS II received earlier today! Went to my spam folder 😱
ACKjp
Full Member
Honored that Pablo applied to my alma materOOS II received earlier today! Went to my spam folder 😱
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
Congrats! Quick question, did your status change in the portal after the II?OOS II received earlier today! Went to my spam folder 😱
ACKjp
Full Member
Status remains “Application ready” but there is a new Interview tab and the communication status reflects the inviteCongrats! Quick question, did your status change in the portal after the II?
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
Thank you!Status remains “Application ready” but there is a new Interview tab and the communication status reflects the invite
Congrats! Quick question, did your status change in the portal after the II?
sameStatus remains “Application ready” but there is a new Interview tab and the communication status reflects the invite
BetaBlockMyAnxiety
Full Member
Completion date?OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/30Completion date?
Just now realizing after reading the FAQs in the portal that I filled out the residency information incorrectly by not including populations for the towns I've lived in. Would it be worth it/annoying to send them an email with the population of the places I've lived or should I just let it go for now. Just don't want to risk them having to wait even longer to take a look at my app.
NopeAny post baccs hear back?
self report