You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Virginia Tech (Carilion)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nooshipooh1
Full Member
WL, interviewed in October
D
deleted1188118
Did anyone get a rejection today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1188118
Did anyone get an A today?
chunkimonki
Full Member
OOS R, interviewed poorly in September
kitchencabbage
Full Member
hey guys quick question, is it true their clinicals are graded? I saw this on MSAR I think but haven't been able to find it anywhere else and wanted to confirm. Thanks !
BeagleLover987
Full Member
I emailed admissions to ask a question and they responded that they have already had waitlist movement and the class remains steady 🙁
Oh wow that stinks 😢 Thanks for posting this and letting us knowI emailed admissions to ask a question and they responded that they have already had waitlist movement and the class remains steady 🙁
They had an info session a few weeks ago detailing the curriculum changes that they're implementing next year. For context, they're going to use a 3 phase curriculum, with Phase 1 (M1 - M 2.5), Phase 2 (M2.5 - M3), and Phase 3 (M4).hey guys quick question, is it true their clinicals are graded? I saw this on MSAR I think but haven't been able to find it anywhere else and wanted to confirm. Thanks !
In the info session, they said that Phase 1 is Pass/Fail, Phase 2 is Pass/High Pass/Honors, and Phase 3 is Pass/Fail. I talked to a current M1 about the Pass/High Pass/Honors, and she said that it is not awarded on a curve, so if everyone earned High Pass then everyone would get it. I'm not sure what MSAR says since I no longer have it or if they previously used grades for clinical, but it seems they're trying to shift to emphasize holistic grading and lessen the focus on specific grades.
Congratulations 🍾 Did you get an email or call?WL to A yesterday!
Call then email!Congratulations 🍾 Did you get an email or call?
BeagleLover987
Full Member
I have a feeling that Virginia Tech does not accept those off the waitlist that have designated PTE in CYMS. Just the vibes I get, especially going through previous threads.
Yeah I agree. That’s what I was thinking but that’s so not right. Like we have to do it for a school that we got excepted to or we get nothingI have a feeling that Virginia Tech does not accept those off the waitlist that have designated PTE in CYMS. Just the vibes I get, especially going through previous threads.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL to A! I had previously designated PTE in the CYMS tool.
BeagleLover987
Full Member
Congrats!! Are you going to attend?WL to A! I had previously designated PTE in the CYMS tool.
Congrats!! Are you going to attend?
Nope! Declined my acceptance today. Hope it goes to one of you fine folks [emoji3590] Good luck yall
BeagleLover987
Full Member
WL -> A this weekend as well but declined it
Hi! I know this is from last year, but if you're still able to answer, wanted to ask 🙂 Do you have any advice about the interviews? And also, do you know the post-2 acceptance rate?I’m an M1 at VTC. Feel free to hit me with questions, and I’ll do my best to answer!