2023-2024 Virginia Tech (Carilion)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

It's so helpful and really helps you relax for interview day. Highly recommend

Now that I’ve finished my interview I def agree, the reception the night before the best event I’ve been to all app season. Incredibly chill and helpful to talk to other applicants and current students/faculty. IMO the whole interview day felt high effort on their end and they did an amazing job selling the school. Was def impressed.
 
Anyone know when VTech wraps up interview invites? Couldn't find when they stop sending them out on their admissions timeline
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very random, but I just stumbled upon this thread and felt compelled to comment. I'm a current M4 at VTC and can honestly say it's been one of the best experiences of my life. I remember being in your shoes and wondering about the location, class size, and how new the school was, but ended up trusting my gut after having a really positive interview and second look experience, and I have absolutely zero regrets about choosing it over other more "highly ranked" schools. There just really is something special about the culture and essence of the school. Even after the residency application process, I still think getting into medical school is by far the hardest part of this journey, but so worth it, so just wanted to say hang in there and I'm rooting for all of you 😊
 
What type of student is VTech looking for? Feels like one of those schools that loves nontrads but I'm not sure if it's research, service, or just being a go-getter that they value in applicants
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything since your January interview?
Nope but pretty sure they will come out in a batch with the February interviewees results. I was told mid march but seems like February interview peeps said within 4 weeks
 
Does anyone know around what time they usually call? from the past it seems like 3-4 weeks after interview on tuesday or thursday. I want to keep my volume on high during clinic lmao
 
Does anyone know around what time they usually call? from the past it seems like 3-4 weeks after interview on tuesday or thursday. I want to keep my volume on high during clinic lmao
I had seen someone say as early as around noon on a previous post but i think it varies. I am in the same boat lol, but my gut says it will be next week
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It could be based on previous data. However, I do remember them telling us that we’ll find out by mid March at the Feb interview session (which I understood to mean that we’ll find out in March). I could be wrong though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I think January and February interviewees hear back at the same time. Did they say when you’d hear back from in the January interview?
I thought they said late February or early March for January but I'm probably wrong based on what others are saying
 
Dr. P definitely mentioned March 15th as a specific date during the January interviews. Others were apparently told that they would hear something earlier, and applicants from the last several years have gotten A's before then. I would lean towards 3/15 having been given as a date because they can't know when they will be ready to start giving out A's, but they can say with certainty we will know if we are A/R/WL by then since it's the known AMCAS deadline for minimum number of A's to be given out (49 for VTC I believe). That being said, I'm going to give myself an aneurysm if I keep trying to sniff out when/if any A's are coming before then.