2023-2024 Virginia Tech (Carilion)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II! No ties to VA. 3.95/507. Surprised with the in-person interview… scared how much the travel will cost.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is the welcome event the night before? Do we have to be there the whole time?

It's so helpful and really helps you relax for interview day. Highly recommend

Now that I’ve finished my interview I def agree, the reception the night before the best event I’ve been to all app season. Incredibly chill and helpful to talk to other applicants and current students/faculty. IMO the whole interview day felt high effort on their end and they did an amazing job selling the school. Was def impressed.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know when VTech wraps up interview invites? Couldn't find when they stop sending them out on their admissions timeline

Anyone know when VTech wraps up interview invites? Couldn't find when they stop sending them out on their admissions timeline

I think there are 6 interview sessions, and I want to say the last one is in February, but I’m not definitive on that.

Reactions: 1 user
Very random, but I just stumbled upon this thread and felt compelled to comment. I'm a current M4 at VTC and can honestly say it's been one of the best experiences of my life. I remember being in your shoes and wondering about the location, class size, and how new the school was, but ended up trusting my gut after having a really positive interview and second look experience, and I have absolutely zero regrets about choosing it over other more "highly ranked" schools. There just really is something special about the culture and essence of the school. Even after the residency application process, I still think getting into medical school is by far the hardest part of this journey, but so worth it, so just wanted to say hang in there and I'm rooting for all of you :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I think there are 6 interview sessions, and I want to say the last one is in February, but I’m not definitive on that.
How big are the interview groups? Only 6 interview sessions is low low - but ik they have a class size of ~50

This is correct according to the info I got during my interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
What type of student is VTech looking for? Feels like one of those schools that loves nontrads but I'm not sure if it's research, service, or just being a go-getter that they value in applicants

What type of student is VTech looking for? Feels like one of those schools that loves nontrads but I'm not sure if it's research, service, or just being a go-getter that they value in applicants
They're big on research!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got what i assume to be a pre-II R email. it says they have completed admission interviews for this cycle and wished me goodluck with other schools :( anyone else just get this email?

Reactions: 1 users
IS pre-II R, complete 7/6. Appreciated them referring me to their website for advice on reapplying 💀😭

Reactions: 3 users
lol im kinda laughing, bc their rejection email doesn't even say you're rejected. it's just like "we're done yall, bye"

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Dang, loved this school. So long VTech....might see you for residency

• Care
Has anyone heard anything since your January interview?

Has anyone heard anything since your January interview?
Nope but pretty sure they will come out in a batch with the February interviewees results. I was told mid march but seems like February interview peeps said within 4 weeks

Nope but pretty sure they will come out in a batch with the February interviewees results. I was told mid march but seems like February interview peeps said within 4 weeks
Has the school completed their interviews?

Does anyone know around what time they usually call? from the past it seems like 3-4 weeks after interview on tuesday or thursday. I want to keep my volume on high during clinic lmao

Does anyone know around what time they usually call? from the past it seems like 3-4 weeks after interview on tuesday or thursday. I want to keep my volume on high during clinic lmao
I had seen someone say as early as around noon on a previous post but i think it varies. I am in the same boat lol, but my gut says it will be next week

• Love
I had seen someone say as early as around noon on a previous post but i think it varies. I am in the same boat lol, but my gut says it will be next week
Im in California so i hope i have a great start to the day with the call. nervous af

Has anyone received an acceptance call since the January interview?

Has anyone received an acceptance call since the January interview?
I don't think anyone has, but of course I could be wrong. Based on when people from the Jan+Feb interviews heard back in previous years, next Tuesday (27th) might be when they start calling

Do you think today is the day the school starts calling people?

It could be based on previous data. However, I do remember them telling us that we’ll find out by mid March at the Feb interview session (which I understood to mean that we’ll find out in March). I could be wrong though!

It could be based on previous data. However, I do remember them telling us that we’ll find out by mid March at the Feb interview session (which I understood to mean that we’ll find out in March). I could be wrong though!

I thought I heard in my interview mid March as well

I was told within 4 weeks at the last interview day (3 February).
I was also told March 15th on my date (1/6), but it's possible that that's just based on March 15th being the AMCAS deadline by which they have to have given out their minimum # of A's. Based on that, this guy's post^, and previous year's posts, :shrug: who knows

Reactions: 2 users
During the feb interview (feb 3) they said 4 weeks. looks like it might be next week unless they call late today

They called on a Thursday last year….and you can only announce decisions on a Feb 29th every four years so fingers crossed they are just trying to have a little fun with it.

Although I interviewed in jan and they did say early/mid march…

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I think it’s because we’ll find out next week. We might find out this week but they told us March 15th at the Feb interview

Yeah I think January and February interviewees hear back at the same time. Did they say when you’d hear back from in the January interview?