2023-2024 Virginia Tech (Carilion)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email and I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. As far as I can tell, they're deferring a decision on my application until the April round of acceptances... I guess I'll put it down in my records as a wait list, even if it technically isn't.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it a waitlist, though? Based on what you all have said, it seems more like a deferral because the email mentions that you will heard in April, which is much earlier than when WL applicants hear back.
 
They might be waiting for 4/15 to see how many additional spots they would have to give out the remaining acceptances
 
does anyone know if there is a groupme for accepted students? I know there's a facebook page but I don't have a facebook account/it was corrupted and would love to stay updated and get to know others
 
Last edited:
I interviewed at another school where they said u either get an A, an R, or an alternate list. But they said majority of people who end of getting accepted first get alternate list, so maybe it’s a similar case here since almost everyone on the forum seemed to get that April decision email
 
Is active pool status the same as a waitlist? or the same as a deferral? Does VTech utilize a waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is active pool status the same as a waitlist? or the same as a deferral? Does VTech utilize a waitlist?
It's more like a deferral than an actual waitlist. The email I received said the committee will have another round of decisions in April, so it isn't like they're waiting for people to decline their acceptances before they send more (as they would for a true waitlist).

As far as whether VTC uses a true waitlist, I don't have an answer for that.
 
Is it true that they have 3 rounds of acceptance, but if you weren't chosen in the 1st or 2nd round, your chances won't be that much greater in the 3rd round?
 
Has the round of April decisions happened yet for those in active status pool? And if not, it should happen by end of this week right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad