-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Icahn (Mt. Sinai)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed in September and got CR in Jan..... is there any hope for me?
Hopefully CR hears good news end of March…
flowerplant2000
Full Member
does anhyoen know if mt sinai is friendly/receptive to multiple update letters? Interviewed late December, sent an update letter end of Jan, and received CR notice last week (March 1st). This is def my top choice, but also dont want to send an update letter (or even a letter of intent) if it may jeopardize my chances. TYIA!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kangler024
Full Member
I sent them two update letters before I got an interview, and the vibe I got during the interview is that they REALLY value interest. So I’d say go for it!!
RandomPreMed123
New Member
I would second this - while I only sent one update letter, I later found out that it was in fact read and appreciated. Given that your status has changed and it's been over a month, I also think you should go for it.
SuperDoof123
Full Member
Anyone have any guesses how MDPhD admissions will be impacted by the funding cuts? Waitlisted here and it's my top choice....really nervous that my chances are bust
I sent a letter of interest in January after my interview and got a continued review update in February. After hearing from another program, Sinai is now my top choice. Does anyone know if it would it be better to send a letter of intent now or wait until I’m likely waitlisted at the end of March?
I sent a letter of interest in January after my interview and got a continued review update in February. After hearing from another program, Sinai is now my top choice. Does anyone know if it would it be better to send a letter of intent now or wait until I’m likely waitlisted at the end of March?
I’m gonna wait to do it otherwise ima have nothing to send after possible WL lol
brainrottt
Full Member
OOS A over email just now. Interviewed mid December 🙂) (after CR on 1/24)
Last edited:
flowerplant2000
Full Member
also WL (should have waited before I sent my update letter lol)
WL!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BlueMarlin1
New Member
WL
+1 OOS A about 30 min ago! Interviewed in November and placed on CR on 1/24 😊
brainrottt
Full Member
Does Sinai have a second look?
Mr.Pinecone
Full Member
OOS R
IS WL after CR in Feb (Jan interview)
Last edited:
justsomeguy2
Full Member
September interview > CR in Jan > late stage A, there is hope after all
PerfectStructure1396
Full Member
OOS post CR WL. Interviewed in December, CR in January
OOS WL after interview in Jan and CR in Feb
mamaMother
Full Member
IS WL after CR in feb. also anyone having trouble logging into the portal?
premedonna!
New Member
OOS A today 🙂 Do they have a revisit weekend? If so, does anyone accepted previously know when that would be?
justsomeguy2
Full Member
You guys are not reading the bottom of the acceptance email 😭 it's March 28-29OOS A today 🙂 Do they have a revisit weekend? If so, does anyone accepted previously know when that would be?
brainrottt
Full Member
Ohh loll thanks! Guess we’ll have to wait to get the official invitation/schedule
D
deleted1197021
OOS CR WL yesterday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brainrottt
Full Member
Does anyone mind sharing the Accepted Applicant Weekend schedule over DMs with me? Trying to plan my visit on very short notice and I have no information to go on besides dates. Not sure if those accepted earlier already got an email with the schedule. Thank you so much!
premedonna!
New Member
Me as well 🙂Does anyone mind sharing the Accepted Applicant Weekend schedule over DMs with me? Trying to plan my visit on very short notice and I have no information to go on besides dates. Not sure if those accepted earlier already got an email with the schedule. Thank you so much!
studentdoctor543
Full Member
You'll receive an email from the financial aid office in a few days/weeks that gives directions on how to upload the financial aid docs onto their secure portal!I would love this as well! Also, if anyone has any idea on where we upload tax documents for the financial aid application please let me know- I couldn’t find where
D
deleted1180326
send a letter of intent! I believe they usually have some WL movement, but im sure its variable year to yearIf we’re on the waitlist are we cooked? Esp with flexmed, i’m worried. this is literally my only hope or else I have to reapp lol
hellooooo2
New Member
Should we upload these letters to the secondary portal or email to the admissions office?send a letter of intent! I believe they usually have some WL movement, but im sure its variable year to year
shmeviejones
New Member
posting for those currently on WL and next year applicants who stalk this thread lmao:
on Friday evening 3/14 got the A! 🥹 I got CR on 3/1 (interviewed in Jan) and was not expecting to hear anything again for a while - thought if anything I'd get WL. BUT legit the DAY after I got my CR I sent a HEFTY letter of intent, and I really think that helped push the needle for me for such a quick turn around to acceptance (eep)! I uploaded the letter to the portal, and then also followed up via email to confirm receipt. Throughout the process I was super communicative with them -- sending updates, letters of continued interest, etc. etc. Sinai LOVES communication-- this is something my friends there have emphasized to me. So if Sinai is your first choice, make sure they know that - be proactive and BE SPECIFIC! The waiting absolutely sucks, as we all know well. Keep your head up. You got this <3
on Friday evening 3/14 got the A! 🥹 I got CR on 3/1 (interviewed in Jan) and was not expecting to hear anything again for a while - thought if anything I'd get WL. BUT legit the DAY after I got my CR I sent a HEFTY letter of intent, and I really think that helped push the needle for me for such a quick turn around to acceptance (eep)! I uploaded the letter to the portal, and then also followed up via email to confirm receipt. Throughout the process I was super communicative with them -- sending updates, letters of continued interest, etc. etc. Sinai LOVES communication-- this is something my friends there have emphasized to me. So if Sinai is your first choice, make sure they know that - be proactive and BE SPECIFIC! The waiting absolutely sucks, as we all know well. Keep your head up. You got this <3
kind of a stupid question but what's the dress code for explore icahn weekend?
brainrottt
Full Member
The link they shared says business casual
futuredoctor18902
New Member
can you negotiate aid here?
flowerplant2000
Full Member
followng bc i woud also love to knowDoes anyone know WL chances at this school? Im praying I get off the WL and just trying to see my chances. [emoji24]
icecreamairpods
Full Member
+1 😭followng bc i woud also love to know
Outlandish123
Full Member
Does anyone know historically if sinai has good waitlist movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SuperDoof123
Full Member
Will we still get a waitlist reaffirmation email this month, even though the April 15 and April 30 deadlines will already filter out ppl who don't want to remain on the waitlist?
SuperDoof123
Full Member
Another way to ask this q: has anyone gotten a Waitlist reaffirmation email this month yet?Will we still get a waitlist reaffirmation email this month, even though the April 15 and April 30 deadlines will already filter out ppl who don't want to remain on the waitlist?
doctorspongebob
New Member
nope, not hereAnother way to ask this q: has anyone gotten a Waitlist reaffirmation email this month yet?
flowerplant2000
Full Member
does anyone know if icahn receives updated LORs through the AMCAS system?