You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nopeAny canadians get II yet?
For those that applied on the later side, how long did it take to get your secondary? I'm coming up on the two week mark since I sent them my primary (on 9/4) and haven't received a single email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol chill don’t freak unless it’s been a month just make sure all your prereqs are inFor those that applied on the later side, how long did it take to get your secondary? I'm coming up on the two week mark since I sent them my primary (on 9/4) and haven't received a single email.
For whatever reason, UICOM tends to be on the slower side of sending secondaries. I applied EDP and it still took a bit over two weeks to get mine.For those that applied on the later side, how long did it take to get your secondary? I'm coming up on the two week mark since I sent them my primary (on 9/4) and haven't received a single email.
freezyqueen1432
Full Member
For those who have already interviewed, how similar were the questions to those available on the SDN interview feedback page?
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
+1 OOS II! complete 7/19
D
deleted1056066
Are you OOS? I'm IS and received my secondary the same day my primary was verified (both on 04-SEP-2024)For those that applied on the later side, how long did it take to get your secondary? I'm coming up on the two week mark since I sent them my primary (on 9/4) and haven't received a single email.
Are you OOS? I'm IS and received my secondary the same day my primary was verified (both on 04-SEP-2024)
Yea I am OOS, still waiting. I emailed them about it too and no reply. They are not unique though, a few schools I'm still waiting on. I am a reapplicant so maybe that is a factor, but they did send me a secondary alot faster last year (with an even later and much worse app). Or they generally take a while for OOS secondaries this year, hard to really know why.
I am OOS. My primary was transmitted on 8/28 and I still have not received a secondary. Came looking for similar answers.Yea I am OOS, still waiting. I emailed them about it too and no reply. They are not unique though, a few schools I'm still waiting on. I am a reapplicant so maybe that is a factor, but they did send me a secondary alot faster last year (with an even later and much worse app). Or they generally take a while for OOS secondaries this year, hard to really know why.
I am OOS. My primary was transmitted on 8/28 and I still have not received a secondary. Came looking for similar answers.
Yea I think the realm of 3-5 weeks is not unreasonable. Seems to me, they are either being more selective (and thus reviewing primaries more thoroughly) or just alot slower this year.
Still nothing 🙁
LM?OOS II this morning; received secondary 7/15 and submitted it 8/6 <3 first ii this cycle, im so relieved!
Its very high. They are pretty transparent about the interview being more of a "vibe check" than anything else. Congratulations!!Does anyone know the acceptance rate after ii?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any CA applicants with IIs here yet?
When I interviewed, there were a few people from CA.Any CA applicants with IIs here yet?
I can second this; they said at my interview that most applicants who receive interviews are accepted.Its very high. They are pretty transparent about the interview being more of a "vibe check" than anything else. Congratulations!!
It’s ~80% and includes EPD-A, regular A, DD-A, and WL-A>80% I think
At the interview they said 10,000 apps for 300 spots
I am a current student, UICOM admits over 80% of the people they interview. The admissions dean strongly believes in now wasting your time and really wants to use the interview time to vibe check and sell you on why you should come here. They do however defer a lot of people for months at a time (different than a wait list) so you may be waiting for a whilewas that an interview this cycle where they said the 80% thing? i didnt hear them mention any specific statistic during my interview
It is not just MMI; they did a one-on-one faculty interview as well.
Interview Day | College of Medicine | University of Illinois College of Medicine
+1 OOS II
When were you complete ?+1 OOS II
7/24When were you complete ?
2 minutes, 5 minutes. 7 prompts.Anyone know how the MMIs are structured/how long you have to consider the prompt and to answer it?
IS EDP A
12345678912345689
New Member
Same!IS EDP A
I would imagine during or around the first release day for regular decisions, which is 10/15. So I’d imagine around that day looking at last years threadDoes anyone know when they plan to release the first wave of decisions for regular decision interviewees? I'm pretty sure they mentioned something during interview day but I can't remember 🙁
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
when did you interview?Does anyone know when they plan to release the first wave of decisions for regular decision interviewees? I'm pretty sure they mentioned something during interview day but I can't remember 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
turtle3113
Full Member
+1 IS II
Lol depends on what you consider trad- definition varies. Most schools consider me traditional but I graduated in two years agoIs any traditional applicant here ??
D
deleted1056066
When did you submit your secondary?+1 IS II
Update... Just received a secondary invite after 6 weeks of waiting! OOSYea I am OOS, still waiting. I emailed them about it too and no reply. They are not unique though, a few schools I'm still waiting on. I am a reapplicant so maybe that is a factor, but they did send me a secondary alot faster last year (with an even later and much worse app). Or they generally take a while for OOS secondaries this year, hard to really know why.
+1Update... Just received a secondary invite after 6 weeks of waiting! OOS
Same here OOS
OOS II today!
user164935
New Member
May I ask when was your complete date?OOS II today!
7/24May I ask when was your complete date?
turtle3113
Full Member
When did you submit your secondary?
7/31 !
D
deleted1056066
I'm also an applicant but I will say they send IIs as late as February and they're only just now reviewing August secondary applications for IIs, so it's not really that late for them, especially if you're IS.I received my secondary on Tuesday too (after submitting my primary in august) - is it even worth submitting my secondary now? Will I even have a chance of interview? Should I read into it if they sent the secondary so late?
M3 on a break and stopping by to send good vibes to all those waiting for an acceptance today!
Congrats! When were u complete ?IS II this morning!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! May I ask: how did you choose your campus ranking?!M3 on a break and stopping by to send good vibes to all those waiting for an acceptance today!
general-put-9884
New Member
Just got II this morning!!! 08/16 completed
how do you know that they're only looking at August apps if you dont mind me asking?I'm also an applicant but I will say they send IIs as late as February and they're only just now reviewing August secondary applications for IIs, so it's not really that late for them, especially if you're IS.
I ranked base on proximity to home; I'm IS. Other than that, all the campuses offer the same stuff and the only difference in location and class size. All 3 campuses have the same curriculum and same college resources. Exploring what each location can offer you and how large of a class you would like to study with can help you decide you rankings.Thank you! May I ask: how did you choose your campus ranking?!