2024-2025 Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ranked base on proximity to home; I'm IS. Other than that, all the campuses offer the same stuff and the only difference in location and class size. All 3 campuses have the same curriculum and same college resources. Exploring what each location can offer you and how large of a class you would like to study with can help you decide you rankings.

An M2 on the student panel for my interview day said she has friends who did struggle to find research opportunities for more competitive specialties in Peoria, I think this should also be considered
 
I ranked base on proximity to home; I'm IS. Other than that, all the campuses offer the same stuff and the only difference in location and class size. All 3 campuses have the same curriculum and same college resources. Exploring what each location can offer you and how large of a class you would like to study with can help you decide you rankings.
This is very helpful. I really appreciate your input! Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how do you know that they're only looking at August apps if you dont mind me asking?
Sorry, it *seems* like they're only looking at August so far. I'm just following closely! They appear to be doing 2 days of applications per day on average right now, i.e. they sent out IIs for those who submitted July 24-31 around October 4-6, and then for those who submitted August 14-21 around October 14-16.

Assuming this pattern continues, they'll send out September 1-7 in the next week or so, and so on after that. This also matches up with the 6 week timeline they have mentioned. YMMV, I'm just trying to stay sane as a mid-September applicant.
 
Sorry, it *seems* like they're only looking at August so far. I'm just following closely! They appear to be doing 2 days of applications per day on average right now, i.e. they sent out IIs for those who submitted July 24-31 around October 4-6, and then for those who submitted August 14-21 around October 14-16.

Assuming this pattern continues, they'll send out September 1-7 in the next week or so, and so on after that. This also matches up with the 6 week timeline they have mentioned. YMMV, I'm just trying to stay sane as a mid-September applicant.
So what do y'all think ppl who applied early August should be feeling...I submitted my secondary August 3rd, should I be losing hope on UIC? Since they most likely skipped over me according to the trend of interview invites?
 
So what do y'all think ppl who applied early August should be feeling...I submitted my secondary August 3rd, should I be losing hope on UIC? Since they most likely skipped over me according to the trend of interview invites?
If you look at last years thread people who submitted in July even got interview invites into the next calendar year. They may appear to be going in order, but if so that means they definitely go back to people. So do not lose hope in any way at this point is my opinion. It is super early for this school.
 
Sorry, it *seems* like they're only looking at August so far. I'm just following closely! They appear to be doing 2 days of applications per day on average right now, i.e. they sent out IIs for those who submitted July 24-31 around October 4-6, and then for those who submitted August 14-21 around October 14-16.

Assuming this pattern continues, they'll send out September 1-7 in the next week or so, and so on after that. This also matches up with the 6 week timeline they have mentioned. YMMV, I'm just trying to stay sane as a mid-September applicant.
Do we know if UIC is known to send Rs this early? Not anticipating a II at all but I fit into the October 14-16 timeline so I am naturally getting a little antsy.
 
Do we know if UIC is known to send Rs this early? Not anticipating a II at all but I fit into the October 14-16 timeline so I am naturally getting a little antsy.
Unless its a post-interview rejection I do not think you will get a rejection until April according to last year's cycletrack.

I want to say again... I am obsessive and looked at last years SDN, people who submitted their secondaries even in July got interviews into the new year. Out of all of the schools I have applied to, this school seems to have one of the longest and most steady interview seasons (also evident on cycletrack).

I understand being antsy, but this school in particular I really do not think it is time to be antsy (I say this as a very antsy person in general and about other schools haha). We never can know how they review apps, even those that appear to go in order may have a slow reviewer that happens to have your app and take longer, they may start with in state, they may do high stats OOS apps first, there are so many possibilities that we cannot possibly figure it out no matter how much we stalk online forums because MANY people do not use these who applied. This is an extremely biased pool of applicants! Do not lose hope!! It will be okay!!
 
So what do y'all think ppl who applied early August should be feeling...I submitted my secondary August 3rd, should I be losing hope on UIC? Since they most likely skipped over me according to the trend of interview invites?
Do we know if UIC is known to send Rs this early?
Unless its a post-interview rejection I do not think you will get a rejection until April according to last year's cycletrack.
100% agree with CoolSocks on this. I didn't know if I should put this in my other message but they revisit applications around February and send out a ton of IIs then. Maybe they're trying to build out the branches or waitlist or something? Or they just have a better idea of who has rescinded by then and who is still interested. As they say on the application portal, if it's been 6 weeks you can send updates!

Also, they don't seem to send out many (if any) Rs until April, and still send secondaries until like February. They definitely revisit applications, no need to lose hope. They haven't even sent out any regular As yet! Maybe they'll send your II this week!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I completed my secondary 8/10 IS applicant with an LM of 67.5 and still have not received anything. Are my chances completely gone in receiving an II?
 
Cycle track doesn’t show much data but it looks like the first R reported last cycle was March 6. Though it looks like someone already reported an R this past Oct 1. Kinda odd, I wonder if they got a hold or something and mis-reported it as an R
The r in March was a pre-II R. No one who interviewed got rejected til April after interviews were already done. Everyone who interviews will either get an A or DD, DDs have potential for acceptance up until April at that point you will be rejected or moved to wait list
 
The r in March was a pre-II R. No one who interviewed got rejected til April after interviews were already done. Everyone who interviews will either get an A or DD, DDs have potential for acceptance up until April at that point you will be rejected or moved to wait list
Is this specifically for UIC or all schools in general?