-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Indiana
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
TheHelper74
Full Member
IS A. I’m overjoyed rn. People on Reddit told me I wouldn’t get into any school
Congrats future MD! Take some time to celebrate!!! [emoji322]
USPS or portal?
When did you interview?
Congrats future MD! Take some time to celebrate!!! [emoji322]
USPS or portal?
When did you interview?
startrxcer
Full Member
Congratulations future doctor! 🥳 I think I saw that thread a while back. Just goes to show that not everyone has to be a cookie-cutter applicant to get the A. 😊IS A. I’m overjoyed rn. People on Reddit told me I wouldn’t get into any school
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lean.idler
Full Member
USPS, 8/28. Didn't get to see the letter because I had left home to go back to school 5 minutes before 😛IS A. I’m overjoyed rn. People on Reddit told me I wouldn’t get into any school
Congrats future MD! Take some time to celebrate!!! [emoji322]
USPS or portal?
When did you interview?
lean.idler
Full Member
Call me sus because I had that impostor syndrome, but glad IU worked out!!Congratulations future doctor! 🥳 I think I saw that thread a while back. Just goes to show that not everyone has to be a cookie-cutter applicant to get the A. 😊
southerncar
Full Member
wonder how many days between the notification date and date of II for you? My app was reviewed for a month still no responseIS A. I’m overjoyed rn. People on Reddit told me I wouldn’t get into any school
lean.idler
Full Member
the "Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application" was on 7/10, ii on 7/18. i got lucky with my timingwonder how many days between the notification date and date of II for you? My app was reviewed for a month still no response
TheHelper74
Full Member
the "Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application" was on 7/10, ii on 7/18. i got lucky with my timing
You got in early and got the early A. Congrats again!
Haileerenae
Full Member
Anybody get anything today? Guess we trudge on to November 15th
TheHelper74
Full Member
Hang in there!
TheHelper74
Full Member
Check your portal. Last year’s thread reported updates.
lean.idler
Full Member
Still nothing in portal. What does it look like for ED people?
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
Just got the A in the mail today!! IS, receipt of app email 7/2, II 7/19, interviewed 9/4.
Last edited:
TheHelper74
Full Member
Any portal updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
Nope, maybe tomorrow?Any portal updates?
Congrats!! You interviewed in October??Just got the A in the mail today!! IS, receipt of app email 7/2, II 7/19, interviewed 10/4.
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
Oops, meant 9/4!! TypoCongrats!! You interviewed in October??
II mid september but no scheduling email yet, anyone else in same boat?
Congrats to everyone who heard back with great news! 
If you still haven't heard back post interview, I'd like to remind you it is not over till it's over!
I got in last cycle, and I interviewed very early (I believe in late August). However, I did not hear back until 6+ months later. The wait was definitely tough, however, if you still haven't heard back, please continue working on improving your applications! When you have enough to update on, please consider uploading an update letter! IUSM is unique with the way they handle stuff, such as WLs going out in April iirc, and people hop off the WL between May and June. So please don't lose hope! If you got that II, you definitely still have a chance!
For those who got in and those still waiting, I'd be happy to respond to any questions you all may have! I'm an MS1 who just finished up our first block and got some time before I need to start working on my next exam!

If you still haven't heard back post interview, I'd like to remind you it is not over till it's over!
I got in last cycle, and I interviewed very early (I believe in late August). However, I did not hear back until 6+ months later. The wait was definitely tough, however, if you still haven't heard back, please continue working on improving your applications! When you have enough to update on, please consider uploading an update letter! IUSM is unique with the way they handle stuff, such as WLs going out in April iirc, and people hop off the WL between May and June. So please don't lose hope! If you got that II, you definitely still have a chance!
For those who got in and those still waiting, I'd be happy to respond to any questions you all may have! I'm an MS1 who just finished up our first block and got some time before I need to start working on my next exam!
Last edited:
athanasiusthegreat
New Member
Thanks for the offer. I am curious what the interview is like from those that have interviewed thus far. Have mine coming up soon, would love to hear any tips anyone could offer. Thanks in advanceCongrats to everyone who heard back with great news!
If you still haven't heard back post interview, I'd like to remind you it is not over till it's over!
I got in last cycle, and I interviewed very early (I believe in late August). However, I did not hear back until 6+ months later. The wait was definitely tough, however, if you still haven't heard back, please continue working on improving your applications! When you have enough to update on, please consider uploading an update letter! IUSM is unique with the way they handle stuff, such as WLs going out in April iirc, and people hop off the WL between May and June. So please don't lose hope! If you got that II, you definitely still have a chance!
For those who got in, I'd be happy to respond to any questions you all may have! I'm an MS1 who just finished up our first block and got some time before I need to start working on my next exam!
Of course! I felt my interview went great, and I connected well with my interviewers. I attribute my success to Dr. Ryan Gray's medical school interview book (no, I'm not sponsored by him). I studied that book and practiced with myself for like a couple of weeks before my interview. If you read that cover to cover, practice as many questions as you can in there, and do as he says, you'll do great.Thanks for the offer. I am curious what the interview is like from those that have interviewed thus far. Have mine coming up soon, would love to hear any tips anyone could offer. Thanks in advance
I rented that out from the library. Check your library too!
I don't really have any advice that is not covered in that book lol.
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
I know it's pretty early to ask this question but what does the TAT seem to be between interviews and acceptance letters? OOS interview coming up in a few weeks so I'd love to know what to expect if anyone has seen past threads or has an idea!
~2-3rd week of the next month following your interview. So basically about 1.5 months after your interview.I know it's pretty early to ask this question but what does the TAT seem to be between interviews and acceptance letters? OOS interview coming up in a few weeks so I'd love to know what to expect if anyone has seen past threads or has an idea!
TheHelper74
Full Member
@pinkysparkles24
They release As on the 15th of each month starting in October. The pattern seems to be that you are in the pool for an A starting the month after you interview. (ex. 9/4 interview > possible 10/15 A).
They release As on the 15th of each month starting in October. The pattern seems to be that you are in the pool for an A starting the month after you interview. (ex. 9/4 interview > possible 10/15 A).
cerebralforks
Full Member
App received email today 10/23 primary submitted 8/15 lol
lean.idler
Full Member
Acceptance email and portal update this a.m.! In the portal, it appeared as a new tab on the sidebar.
PreDeltaMed
Full Member
Website portals have updated y’all, just received my acceptance before I got my letter!
(Also received it by email!)
LM: 73, IS, receipt of app email 7/12, II 8/6, interviewed 9/4!
(Also received it by email!)
LM: 73, IS, receipt of app email 7/12, II 8/6, interviewed 9/4!
Last edited:
TheHelper74
Full Member
@PreDeltaMed
Congrats! When did you interview?
Congrats! When did you interview?
PreDeltaMed
Full Member
@PreDeltaMed
Congrats! When did you interview?
9/4!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jumpingfrog27
Full Member
Has anyone heard back after interviewing rural med or know what that timeline is like?
RedDevilz99
Full Member
Can anyone talk about what the interview day is like? Is it simply one interview and that's it?
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
This is so helpful! Thanks so much 🙂@pinkysparkles24
They release As on the 15th of each month starting in October. The pattern seems to be that you are in the pool for an A starting the month after you interview. (ex. 9/4 interview > possible 10/15 A).
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
Glad to see they're sending portal updates and email updates too. Congrats future doc! Which portal is this? The same we uploaded our materials into?Acceptance email and portal update this a.m.! In the portal, it appeared as a new tab on the sidebar.
lean.idler
Full Member
It’s an interview “day” with two 30-45 min sessions in addition to the interview, with some additional time spent in a lobby with current students and other interviewees right before the interviewCan anyone talk about what the interview day is like? Is it simply one interview and that's it?
jerboajuice
Full Member
ED campus placement confirmed yesterday morning ! Anyone else planning on attending in Bloomington?
portal updated today+ IS A, 10/21 - came in a large envelope! interviewed 9/4
BigtimeFoodie
Full Member
I did! I didn’t get an email but checked my portal and got Accepted! Interviewed 8/28Anyone apply and hear back from the UMP? (Gary campus)
Yay!! I interviewed for UMP on 10/2 so really hoping to hear back on 11/15...the UMP is such a cool program. Congrats!!!!!!I did! I didn’t get an email but checked my portal and got Accepted! Interviewed 8/28
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
Anyone know if some RD candidates get campus assignments before May? I asked at an info session about when we'll know campus placement to look for housing when the speaker suggested looking for housing ASAP - they said we should know sooner as we were "early interviews." Was it possible there were ED candidates on my interview day (9/4) and that's who they meant would know sooner?
Just trying to figure out if I'll have to give up other possible acceptance(s) before I'd know IUSM campus placement!
Just trying to figure out if I'll have to give up other possible acceptance(s) before I'd know IUSM campus placement!
lean.idler
Full Member
that seems like a very real possibility. I think they must've been referring to ED. But given that campus placements are made based on submission date of your ranking, I feel like you'll get your first choice anywayAnyone know if some RD candidates get campus assignments before May? I asked at an info session about when we'll know campus placement to look for housing when the speaker suggested looking for housing ASAP - they said we should know sooner as we were "early interviews." Was it possible there were ED candidates on my interview day (9/4) and that's who they meant would know sooner?
Just trying to figure out if I'll have to give up other possible acceptance(s) before I'd know IUSM campus placement!
lean.idler
Full Member
I kind of want to make one with some sort of verification system? Or would that be weirdanyone make a groupme or a discord for accepted applicants?
Also if I select "I accept the offer" in the portal, how binding is that
Anyone know if some RD candidates get campus assignments before May? I asked at an info session about when we'll know campus placement to look for housing when the speaker suggested looking for housing ASAP - they said we should know sooner as we were "early interviews." Was it possible there were ED candidates on my interview day (9/4) and that's who they meant would know sooner?
Just trying to figure out if I'll have to give up other possible acceptance(s) before I'd know IUSM campus placement!
For the majority of RD students, you will not hear about campus placement until May. There are a few exceptions (getting into a scholarly concentration program, certain scholarships that will automatically give you your number one choice, applying for an exemption from the lottery system - only in special cases). For everyone else, it is possible that you would have to give up other acceptances without knowing your campus placement.
Current MS2 - most people I know ended up at one of their top 3. The lowest I've personally heard of anyone falling was to 6th on their rank list. IU is very cagey about how the lottery system works, but supposedly the sooner you turn in your rank list, the better your chances on placing high on your rank list. So interviewing early = being able to turn your rank list in sooner = better chance of being higher on your list.
Please feel free to send me a DM if you have specific questions. I pop in every now and then, but also answer a lot of questions in DMs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I kind of want to make one with some sort of verification system? Or would that be weird
Also if I select "I accept the offer" in the portal, how binding is that
Not binding. You're basically telling them to hold your seat. You can still decline the spot later.
Yaa Yeet
Full Member
i doubt anyone that didn't get in would care enough to join lol, and i'm not sure if it is binding but i doubt itI kind of want to make one with some sort of verification system? Or would that be weird
Also if I select "I accept the offer" in the portal, how binding is that
I actually dropped to my 5th (but I got accepted in the very last round of As before WLs last cycle lol).For the majority of RD students, you will not hear about campus placement until May. There are a few exceptions (getting into a scholarly concentration program, certain scholarships that will automatically give you your number one choice, applying for an exemption from the lottery system - only in special cases). For everyone else, it is possible that you would have to give up other acceptances without knowing your campus placement.
Current MS2 - most people I know ended up at one of their top 3. The lowest I've personally heard of anyone falling was to 6th on their rank list. IU is very cagey about how the lottery system works, but supposedly the sooner you turn in your rank list, the better your chances on placing high on your rank list. So interviewing early = being able to turn your rank list in sooner = better chance of being higher on your list.
Please feel free to send me a DM if you have specific questions. I pop in every now and then, but also answer a lot of questions in DMs.
Regardless, I am extremely happy with my experience here. I am at one of the regional campuses, and if I could go back in time and had the option to choose any campus I wanted, I would definitely choose my current campus, and am also planning to stay here for all 4 years. If anyone has any specific questions about my experience in the regional campuses, Id be happy to talk about it!
Also hey! I remember you from the 2023-24 thread. I hope all is going well for you 🙂
How does Indiana view reapplicants? OOS?
TheHelper74
Full Member
@Heyigotnoclue
IUSOM heavily favors IS. The 2023-2024 Fact Sheet shows that 77% of students are from Indiana. I cannot speak to how they view reapplicants.
IUSOM heavily favors IS. The 2023-2024 Fact Sheet shows that 77% of students are from Indiana. I cannot speak to how they view reapplicants.