-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Indiana
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
friedchickencurry
Full Member
My primary got verified/transmitted 9/1 and I just received my "application received email" todayHas anyone who submitted their primary app around 9/7 gotten the "application received email"?
Also, is there any chance that because I have not picked my LORs for them, that's why I haven't heard back? I was a bit unclear about if I needed to send them with the primary app or wait to hear back about moving forward first.
Jieje
Full Member
same boat.I see, but do I still have a chance of Acceptance for this upcoming Nov 15 date? Or now am I only considered for Dec 15 and onwards? I’m just being neurotic asf😭
interviewed Oct 30.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jieje
Full Member
Hey pibespo, may I ask if you also get the email 'Your application is now under consideration and may be presented to the Admission Committee for further discussion. All applicants will receive a final decision by June'. I'm asking because I also applied for UMP, not the general application pool. Thanks thanks!Yay!! I interviewed for UMP on 10/2 so really hoping to hear back on 11/15...the UMP is such a cool program. Congrats!!!!!!
I received it this morning and feeling crazy neurotic 😱
Last edited:
Jieje
Full Member
Hey, may I ask if you ever get the email 'Your application is now under consideration and may be presented to the Admission Committee for further discussion. All applicants will receive a final decision by June'. I received that earlier and super neurotic wondering what it means for UMP applicant. Thank you for sharing info and experience!!I did! I didn’t get an email but checked my portal and got Accepted! Interviewed 8/28
exileinandersonville
Full Member
Me three, interviewed 10/2.same boat.
interviewed Oct 30.
lean.idler
Full Member
anyone else get the ID email? (mine didn't change, literally insane)
does it being from IU Indianapolis mean anything?
does it being from IU Indianapolis mean anything?
I read on previous years forums that you were able to change your campus rankings after submitting, but this is not the case in my portal. I reached out to admissions but was wondering if anyone had any info on this - am I stuck with the campus rankings I initially submitted or is there any way to still make changes?
D
deleted1191767
Received my "application received" email today, primary sent to them 9/7
Damn lol
hi guys i got an II here and im a little confused about the process.. do all forms need to be completed in order to schedule the interview or will they just email you eventually telling you when your interview is and you just need to have the forms completed before that date rolls around? thanks!
exileinandersonville
Full Member
fill out all the forms ASAP, you’ll get an email with your interview date once they check over the documents and verify prereqs which could take a whilehi guys i got an II here and im a little confused about the process.. do all forms need to be completed in order to schedule the interview or will they just email you eventually telling you when your interview is and you just need to have the forms completed before that date rolls around? thanks!
eggfriedrice
Full Member
how long did it take them to verify your LORs and pre-reqs? it’s been over a month for me and was wondering if i should reach outfill out all the forms ASAP, you’ll get an email with your interview date once they check over the documents and verify prereqs which could take a while
exileinandersonville
Full Member
i think like 5 weeks, they were very nice when i called to ask about prereqs so you could call if you want but it’s normalhow long did it take them to verify your LORs and pre-reqs? it’s been over a month for me and was wondering if i should reach out
cerebralforks
Full Member
OOS II today 11/5. App received email on 10/23
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
KnightTalking
Full Member
Congrats! LM?OOS II today 11/5. App received email on 10/23
cerebralforks
Full Member
thanks! 72Congrats! LM?
Yes I did, it scared me but I think it is normal? Maybe? Hopefully?Hey pibespo, may I ask if you also get the email 'Your application is now under consideration and may be presented to the Admission Committee for further discussion. All applicants will receive a final decision by June'. I'm asking because I also applied for UMP, not the general application pool. Thanks thanks!
I received it this morning and feeling crazy neurotic 😱
jumpingfrog27
Full Member
I also got this email, applied RMED thoYes I did, it scared me but I think it is normal? Maybe? Hopefully?
Jieje
Full Member
Anyone think its worth uploading a continued letter of interest to the
I'm slightly concerned it's toooo soon...prolly need to do some research about it..Anyone think its worth uploading a continued letter of interest to the portal?
pork.chop.
Full Member
Did it take some time for people to get the email following the interview that states your application is complete and info is sent to admissions? I interviewed last week and sent in a new letter to fulfill the personal requirement (everything checked off since last Friday) with no email confirming my application has been sent for a decision.
exileinandersonville
Full Member
6 days for me, maybe check in with them at the end of the week if you don't get it.Did it take some time for people to get the email following the interview that states your application is complete and info is sent to admissions? I interviewed last week and sent in a new letter to fulfill the personal requirement (everything checked off since last Friday) with no email confirming my application has been sent for a decision.
KnightTalking
Full Member
Anyone else get the 4 year md/mph email? Trying to figure out if it signals anything about how IU is viewing my app
pork.chop.
Full Member
Yes, I hope it’s not as long of a wait for you but it took me about 7 weeks after my initial interview invite to get an actual interview date. By that 7 week mark, I had everything checked off besides my letters, but it showed they were sent (admissions just hadn’t marked them as fulfilling their requirements yet)I got the II and paid for the graduate fee yesterday. Just wanted to confirm that it will be checked off in the portal after 7 days and then that is when they will look at prereqs and LORs and then I will finally get a date for the interview?
cerebralforks
Full Member
does the dean of students eval have to be printed and mailed or can it be emailed? i'm confused
D
deleted1191767
it just felt like i was being asked questions tbh :/ less conversational than others have said.
Same here. Felt like they were reading off a list
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
I spoke to some med students during my interview day and they recommended you don't change your rankings because it essentially bumps you back to the bottom, that was the way they explained it at least.I read on previous years forums that you were able to change your campus rankings after submitting, but this is not the case in my portal. I reached out to admissions but was wondering if anyone had any info on this - am I stuck with the campus rankings I initially submitted or is there any way to still make changes?
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
It took me 6 weeks personallyhow long did it take them to verify your LORs and pre-reqs? it’s been over a month for me and was wondering if i should reach out
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
if you uploaded your letters to AMCAS they should pull automatically but if you have any questions I'd call them, they're very nice! I have called them so many times about stuff and gotten help every timeHello! I was wondering if for the indiana supplemental portion, do we have to send them anything for our LORs? or will they just take them from AMCAS? in my applicant portal it is saying that the LORs have not been received, which is worrying me a bit.
Jieje
Full Member
It took time to update the portal, and they manually examine every piece. took me 5 wks. no need to do anything by ourselves, no worries.Hello! I was wondering if for the indiana supplemental portion, do we have to send them anything for our LORs? or will they just take them from AMCAS? in my applicant portal it is saying that the LORs have not been received, which is worrying me a bit.
Haileerenae
Full Member
Is there somewhere we can go to look at our campus rankings? I already forgot what I put
lean.idler
Full Member
try this link Indiana University SOMIs there somewhere we can go to look at our campus rankings? I already forgot what I put
Haileerenae
Full Member
it just takes me to the portal but it's not on there anywheretry this link Indiana University SOM
TheHelper74
Full Member
Are all As sent via USPS and rejections sent via email? That seems to be the pattern.
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
As are sent via USPS and then emailed/updated in portal ~1 week after they are mailed. I don't think Indiana sends out rejections for people that interviewed until March (or later) as they continue to consider your application until then iirc!Are all As sent via USPS and rejections sent via email? That seems to be the pattern.
jumpingfrog27
Full Member
Has anyone heard from RMED?
Hungryogre5520
Full Member
What's RMED?Has anyone heard from RMED?
jumpingfrog27
Full Member
The rural medicine program, I guess RMEP 🙂What's RMED?
Hungryogre5520
Full Member
Thoughts on Nov 15??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jieje
Full Member
about 5 wks for me. all the documents and letters are checked in mannually, so it cannot be rushed...Hey all how long after initial interview does it take to hear something about scheduling? It’s been more than a week for me
Haileerenae
Full Member
getting nervyThoughts on Nov 15??
TheHelper74
Full Member
[mention]rtrmed [/mention] IUSOM sends out acceptance letters on the 15th of each month. 11/15 is the second round.
lean.idler
Full Member
Crossing my fingers for you!!!